GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Hockey talk all the time

+25
spader
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
Sp00nz
SensGirl11
beerandsens
Mariposa Belle
TheAvatar
Cronie
caissie_1
Urkie
Acrobat
Jordo
Hockeyhero22000
beedub
LeCaptain
shabbs
top shelf15
PTFlea
davetherave
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
wprager
asq2
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 41]

331All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:19 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Marakh...just start cheering for the Panthers... Wink

332All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:32 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Marakh...just start cheering for the Panthers... Wink

I could force myself, but I just can't Sad

333All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:47 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Florida's pretty like-able: Booth, Ballard, DeBoer, Bouwmeester.

Pretty much anyone on that team with a B in his name.

334All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:36 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree. I have little problem cheering for a team that doesn't rhyme with Beefs or Tabs Wink

- Unknown Author

335All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:51 am

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Just came across something of interesting on tsn. They have listed the top 100 rookies from this year - Lee, Elliott, Winchester and Regin made the list.

However at the bottom it lists who's hot and who's not - Bouwmeester is -3 with no points in 5 games. I know I'm in the minority - but I do not want to throw the farm at this guy. He has never won anything and he has disappeared when he is most needed.

He's good - but definitely not $50 million over 7-8 years good.

336All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:07 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
davetherave wrote:Marakh...just start cheering for the Panthers... Wink

I could force myself, but I just can't Sad

It might be easier than cheering for Buffalo, damn that pominville, grrr lol.

337All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:09 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Hayden wrote:Just came across something of interesting on tsn. They have listed the top 100 rookies from this year - Lee, Elliott, Winchester and Regin made the list.

However at the bottom it lists who's hot and who's not - Bouwmeester is -3 with no points in 5 games. I know I'm in the minority - but I do not want to throw the farm at this guy. He has never won anything and he has disappeared when he is most needed.

From 30 teams, we'd expect an average of 3.3 per team in the top 100. In fact, Ottawa has six (Lee at 31, Elliott at 33, Winchester at 68, Regin at 81, Bass at 86, Zubov at 95) so maybe things are truly looking up.

Columbus, Chicago, St. Louis and (surprising to me) LA seem to top the list, with the most in the top 30; Ottawa's top is Lee at 31 ( confused ) ahead of Elliott though?

Interesting that NYI have several highly ranked. So many years of great draft picks - how do they still manage to soil the bed so effectively?

338All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:14 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hayden wrote:Just came across something of interesting on tsn. They have listed the top 100 rookies from this year - Lee, Elliott, Winchester and Regin made the list.

Agree 100%. I watched JayBo play quite often when I was living in South Florida...he is not the assertive presence that galvanizes a team. A very talented D-man nonetheless. He will probably get 6-7MM from someone though.

339All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:13 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:

From 30 teams, we'd expect an average of 3.3 per team in the top 100. In fact, Ottawa has six (Lee at 31, Elliott at 33, Winchester at 68, Regin at 81, Bass at 86, Zubov at 95) so maybe things are truly looking up.

Columbus, Chicago, St. Louis and (surprising to me) LA seem to top the list, with the most in the top 30; Ottawa's top is Lee at 31 ( confused ) ahead of Elliott though?

Interesting that NYI have several highly ranked. So many years of great draft picks - how do they still manage to soil the bed so effectively?

it must be a part of their well calculated plan, or other than that, their coach is a real dick and no one likes him.

340All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't remember where the original thread was, but looking today at TSN's Draft Lottery Lookahead we have passed Toronto and LA (as I predicted). And we're tied in points with Dallas. Brad Richards broke his hand in his first day back after missing 15 games with a broken wrist (he's still their leading scorer even after missing 15 games). Well I guess we're passing Dallas very soon and are setting our sights on St. Louis. The Wild and Buffalo are only another point from that.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=7027

341All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:30 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I don't remember where the original thread was, but looking today at TSN's Draft Lottery Lookahead we have passed Toronto and LA (as I predicted). And we're tied in points with Dallas. Brad Richards broke his hand in his first day back after missing 15 games with a broken wrist (he's still their leading scorer even after missing 15 games). Well I guess we're passing Dallas very soon and are setting our sights on St. Louis. The Wild and Buffalo are only another point from that.
[url=http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=7027
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=7027[/quote[/url]]

What I really don't like about this most recent rankings is that toronto has MPS, however, Marakh and I believe he will not be available that late, more like he will be gone in the top 5.

342All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's (almost) Miller time:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Buffalo/2009/03/23/8857111-ap.html

Miller was in full equipment at practice today, taking shots. He hasn't called a date for his return yet, but it's gotta be close.

343All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wild's Koivu could miss the rest of the season:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=272397

So we're almost surely moving up (down?) another two spots (Stars and Wild) with a very good chance of passing St. Louis as well.

Kulikov? A Russian defenseman. If he's another A-Train or another Mr. Bean then I'm good. If he's another Malakhov, not so good.

344All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Walt Poddubny dead at 49.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4004504&campaign=rss&source=NHLHeadlines

Wow, I'm 47. That's awful.

345All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:10 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:

Dean Lombardi, LA's GM, built the San Jose Sharks, before giving way to current GM (Ottawa born ex-Chicago Blackhawks D-Man) Doug Wilson.

Lombardi is one smart cookie. LA had been floundering for years, but with their current crop of talent, supported by quality young goalies, d-men and forwards, observers rate their future as being very strong.

Lombardi is also a good marketer, and he has helped to re-establish the Kings' identity by harking back to the Gretzky-Robitaille era of black and silver that contended for Stanley with a third jersey that picks up many of that era's visual cues.

In Long Island, Garth Snow has established himself as owner Charles Wang's hockey man after several seasons of internal power struggles. Their talent pool looks like it will begin to blossom under coach Scott Gordon. While the signing of Rick DiPietro raised eyebrows at the time (and continues to), in fact RDP's salary is well below current market value. Relieved of the pressure of coming back too soon as the Isles commit to long term, step by step progress, RDP may be able to fully recover from his surgeries and regain his blue chip form. On the business side, however, the franchise may be pulling up stakes if Nassau County continues to stall on approval of Wang's multi-faceted real estate, entertainment and retail venture surrounding the proposed new arena, known as the Lighthouse Project.

Last edited by davetherave on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit)

346All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO PANTHERS!

347All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No-one remembers Poddubny?

348All Hockey talk all the time - Page 23 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:No-one remembers Poddubny?
Saw the highlights the other night... can't say I do...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum