GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Agency possiblities? (read this on Sens Chirp)

+10
LeCaptain
asq2
Riprock
Acrobat
dennycrane
davetherave
PTFlea
Phoenix30
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Let's put an offer sheet out on Krejci. Boston has 47 million committed to next year's salary/cap, he can be had.

Same with Kessel. They can only match one offer sheet.

Same with Versteeg. Chicago will match anything I'm sure, but we can put some pressure on them.

We don't need to feel bad, someone's going to do it. These guys are pretty much the only RFAs worth targeting.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Travis Zajac???

Yes please, but I thought you liked having Karlsson in the system (because the Devils would want a major player if they were to move Zajac).

ugh, ouch, but hey he is an RFA, send him an offer sheet, what can we offer him?

I'm not sure if he's eligible for an offer sheet. The three names I've heard that are eligible are Versteeg, Kessel and Krejci (yes please!)

Someone's gonna send a 7 X 7 his way.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:Let's put an offer sheet out on Krejci. Boston has 47 million committed to next year's salary/cap, he can be had.

Same with Versteeg. Chicago will match anything I'm sure, but we can put some pressure on them.

We don't need to feel bad, someone's going to do it. These guys are pretty much the only RFAs worth targeting.

I don't even think Boston wants Kessel anymore. He was pretty crappy in the playoffs. Again.

Considering we should have made the playoffs with the roster we had last year, I don't even think it's worth making a big effort to acquire FAs. I'm more in favour of dumping spare parts for picks and prospects at this point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:Let's put an offer sheet out on Krejci. Boston has 47 million committed to next year's salary/cap, he can be had.

I don't even think Boston wants Kessel anymore. He was pretty crappy in the playoffs. Again.

Considering we should have made the playoffs with the roster we had last year, I don't even think it's worth making a big effort to acquire FAs. I'm more in favour of dumping spare parts for picks and prospects at this point.

Yeah, I'm not sure they care too much about Kessel. I was thinking that as I wrote it. But he adds such an explosive speed element. Can't teach speed. But yeah, I think they'll trade him personally.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

To drop an offer sheet that might work, say goodbye to the 1st round pick, plus others.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:To drop an offer sheet that might work, say goodbye to the 1st round pick, plus others.

Yeah, but Krejci would be a guy that we could lose a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and it would pretty much even out IMO.

Great player.

Same with Versteeg actually. It's Kessel that I don't care too much about - although his speed and offensive instincts are amazing for a boy.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:To drop an offer sheet that might work, say goodbye to the 1st round pick, plus others.

For any of those guys Heater mentioned, you can be sure it would be a 1st,2nd,3rd all going back in return if the team didn't match.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

So you willing to give up a potential OEL/Kulikov/Kadri/Schroeder? (assuming that Ottawa ends up in/about the same draft position, and the draft pool is about even...)

And don't forget some of the diamonds that Murray has found in the second and third.

It would also be adding a $5+ million contract.

I think I'd rather dump parts (and maybe a big contract), load up on picks as high as possible - spaced over the next two or three years - and perhaps grab a mid-range UFA if the price is right. Accept one more year of low-middling performance, but then know that there would be a ton of kids coming through that would all be ready to battle together, and would all be relatively cheap.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:So you willing to give up a potential OEL/Kulikov/Kadri/Schroeder? (assuming that Ottawa ends up in/about the same draft position, and the draft pool is about even...)

And don't forget some of the diamonds that Murray has found in the second and third.

It would also be adding a $5+ million contract.

I think I'd rather dump parts (and maybe a big contract), load up on picks as high as possible - spaced over the next two or three years - and perhaps grab a mid-range UFA if the price is right. Accept one more year of low-middling performance, but then know that there would be a ton of kids coming through that would all be ready to battle together, and would all be relatively cheap.

I don't know what I want lol, that is why I am just a fan and Bryan Murray is the GM, he's the smart hockey guy, not me. if I ran the Sens, a midget team could beat them. Laughing3

I see no reason why the Sens should be going after any UFA's at this point. Lets see what the Sens have on the shelves of the organization, lets see what some of the kids can do and how good Leclaire and the defense is. If those things are good to go come years end next year, start adding some pieces, if not, trim more fat.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ Can't argue with that Acrobat, but my thinking personally is that this addition would propel the Sens into a better position - plus a piece they can grow with going forward.

I guess the RFA D-man would be the best option.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:I see no reason why the Sens should be going after any UFA's at this point. Lets see what the Sens have on the shelves of the organization, lets see what some of the kids can do and how good Leclaire and the defense is. If those things are good to go come years end next year, start adding some pieces, if not, trim more fat.

Also good points.

Im good with going after a right handed UFA D man, thats about it. I dont see the need for a top 6 forward at this point in time for the Sens. Stack the blue line, stack the blue line, stack the blue line.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Im good with going after a right handed UFA D man, thats about it. I dont see the need for a top 6 forward at this point in time for the Sens. Stack the blue line, stack the blue line, stack the blue line.

agreed, we already stacked the net, presumably anyway, not bring on the D, then let the forwards fall into place, giving Regin and Smith a shot if they earn (Regin already has IMO)

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't see Murray as an offer sheet kind of guy. Remember, what goes around comes around. I don't think he's willing to lift the lid off that pot and have some miffed GM retaliate and come after a Foligno or Karlsson for example. Hopefully by then though (Karlsson's RFA status) he's re-signed before letting his contract run out and opening himself up to offer sheets.

Offer sheets are gutless, and if the player is good enough it gets matched anyways... at the end of the day you lose a pick for anything but a garentee or 29 other GM's hate your guts.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Yeah, but Krejci would be a guy that we could lose a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and it would pretty much even out IMO.

Great player.

Same with Versteeg actually. It's Kessel that I don't care too much about - although his speed and offensive instincts are amazing for a boy.

Krejci is a 4 first round picks offer-sheet IMO.

If any centre out of Boston is available, it's Bergeron.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:I see no reason why the Sens should be going after any UFA's at this point. Lets see what the Sens have on the shelves of the organization, lets see what some of the kids can do and how good Leclaire and the defense is. If those things are good to go come years end next year, start adding some pieces, if not, trim more fat.

Well and wisely said.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum