GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clouston Extended for 2 years!!

+12
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
top shelf15
PKC
davetherave
LethalLehner
caissie_1
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
jamvan
Cronie
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:14 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to Sportsnet.ca. Clouston has been extended as of 5 mins ago for another 2 years.

This, for me, is good news for the Sens and fans in the Nation's capital.

Details to come.

2Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:16 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Great news! And the future is bright fo rus Sens Army! Very bright

3Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:17 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/04/08/9053521.html

4Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very nice! I like the competitive juices that flow in this guy quite a lot, we should be in excellent hands.

5Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:20 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's hoping Heater!

Like a few others, I just hope this new playing style and determined, gritty hockey isn't a fluke and that it carries over to next season and beyond... Wink

6Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:24 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

The exact thing that I wanted. Clouston for 2 years so we can really see what he's capable of. Good signing.

7Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:26 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I am happy with this as well. Clouston has managed to get the respect and the buy-in from the players and management. If the Sens can make a couple of acquisitions over the summer, I think this team will be back in the playoff run. Go Sens Go Cheering

8Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:41 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

A well deserved reward. Now hopefully Murray sticks to the agreement...we know Cory will.

9Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:44 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This team under the direction of Clouston, pro-rated to an 82 game sampling, is 53-23-6 at the end of the season, good for 112 points.

10Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:50 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

And to comment on the coaching extension for Clouston, suddenly Murray is one good defenseman away from addressing all of the holes in the club that he had.

Number 1 goaltender: double-check (Leclaire, Elliott, Auld)
Coach: check (Clouston)
Defenseman:
Top six forward: potentially check, given the way Foligno and Shannon have played for Clouston, add to that our first round pick, a possible UFA, one of the Bingo kids, and this team is solid up front.

11Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:55 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Now, as long as Bryan Murray does what he's supposed to do...

Clouston understands what needs to be done.

He also knows how to manage expectations. No promises of "being harder to play against, bla bla bla." Just hard work. And positive realism. Hm, what a concept.

12Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:12 am

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

davetherave wrote:Now, as long as Bryan Murray does what he's supposed to do...

Clouston understands what needs to be done.

He also knows how to manage expectations. No promises of "being harder to play against, bla bla bla." Just hard work. And positive realism. Hm, what a concept.
Spot on with that comment,work with the players on a plan and hope they execute,so simplistic a concept it cant fail Smile

13Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:19 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Melnyk said it today in the presscon. "I believe that anybody who is ready to stand up and say 'I'm prepared to deliver you a winning team'...and take responsibility...that's the kind of person I want to have in my business."

It's a long road ahead, and a long way to next October, and a long, long way to the prize.

If Melnyk and Murray give Clouston the support he deserves, and the players he should have...and the players give Cory the respect he deserves...the first steps have already been taken.

Crystal balls? Forget it.

You need steel balls to play this game.

Clouston has 'em.

14Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:21 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the Sens have shown in the last few games at least that they are a tough team to play against. Much more aggresive. In fact, in their last two games, they've outhit their opponents, in some instances, quite decisively, so that is again more progress.

15Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:23 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Melnyk said it today in the presscon. "I believe that anybody who is ready to stand up and say 'I'm prepared to deliver you a winning team'...and take responsibility...that's the kind of person I want to have in my business."

It's a long road ahead, and a long way to next October, and a long, long way to the prize.

If Melnyk and Murray give Clouston the support he deserves, and the players he should have...and the players give Cory the respect he deserves...the first steps have already been taken.

Crystal balls? Forget it.

You need steel balls to play this game.

Clouston has 'em.

AWESOME!! I nominate this for post of the day!!

Steel balls! Excellent point.

I was thinking the other day that despite Clouston being a rookie in the NHL, if you didn't know he was a rookie, I would venture the laymen watching wouldn't know it. He looks so comfortable and not a bit out of place behind that bench.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum