GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clouston Extended for 2 years!!

+12
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
top shelf15
PKC
davetherave
LethalLehner
caissie_1
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
jamvan
Cronie
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Playing that type of game we were more than successful, and we didnt exactly light it up on the score board. Hopefully this gives some people and fans a little bit of a wider persepctive on what wins games in the NHL.

Hard work, gutsy, and working hard with and without the puck wins games in the NHL and always will. Guess who was held scoreless in those games and was a none factor.

32Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:42 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I'm pretty sure everyone noticed that. Spezza and Comrie were both non-factors in last night's game.

It was nice to see Heatley finally get out of his funk too.

Shannon threw more hits than Spezz and Comrie combined. That definitely says a lot.

I'm still not comfortable giving up on Spezza right now, he's still young enough to give him more of a chance, and he's had some awesome games lately. Except of course for last night.

33Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:47 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now I'm obsessed with Ryan Kesler. I want him - and I'm prepared to offer Spezza. Smile

34Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:49 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:I'm pretty sure everyone noticed that. Spezza and Comrie were both non-factors in last night's game.

It was nice to see Heatley finally get out of his funk too.

Shannon threw more hits than Spezz and Comrie combined. That definitely says a lot.

I'm still not comfortable giving up on Spezza right now, he's still young enough to give him more of a chance, and he's had some awesome games lately. Except of course for last night.

The thing with Spezza is, you cant afford to wait it out anymore. This was supposed to be his year to shut everyone up and now there are only more questions.

35Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Spezza for Phaneuf and maybe Jokinen is more likely. Something like that.

36Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think Spezza for Phaneuf and maybe Jokinen is more likely. Something like that.

Jokinen is horrible. He gave the puck up at center ice at least 3 times yesterday and didn't even bother skating back. Pass!

Phaneuf is equally horrible right now, but I'd take him and hope to goodness that he rebounds (which I think he will).

37Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
The thing with Spezza is, you cant afford to wait it out anymore. This was supposed to be his year to shut everyone up and now there are only more questions.

I'm a pretty hardcore Spezza fan, and even I'll concede that there are way more questions than answers right now.

38Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:55 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

meh, Dany Heatley is still an a$$hole as far as im concerned. It seems to me that his resurgence as of late is more motivated by him getting 40 goals than the team winning. Until he plays consistent for a few weeks I won'T buy into anything.

39Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:56 pm

100% there are. Last year there was no question he deserved another year, last year there was no question he would get you a PPG, last year there was no question that he was worth the dollars he signed for.

Now, its not just about his defensive play or determination, its gone way beyond that and I think the Sens pull the plug on him because they have to move on in a directions where the entire team can be successful.

40Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:57 pm

marakh wrote:meh, Dany Heatley is still an a$$hole as far as im concerned. It seems to me that his resurgence as of late is more motivated by him getting 40 goals than the team winning. Until he plays consistent for a few weeks I won'T buy into anything.

I think he is an a$$hole and a quitter too, but even in his off year, he got 40 friggin goals. Its actually amazing and cant be ignored.

41Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:100% there are. Last year there was no question he deserved another year, last year there was no question he would get you a PPG, last year there was no question that he was worth the dollars he signed for.

Now, its not just about his defensive play or determination, its gone way beyond that and I think the Sens pull the plug on him because they have to move on in a directions where the entire team can be successful.

Can't argue that, it might well happen.

42Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:03 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm at the point where stats don't interest me anymore. I see a dozen guys that give 100% and a few others that don't. I am more happy with Spezza in the Clouston area than Heatley. Actually I think Spezza, under Clouston, has improved in a lot of areas. He may have not been a factor last night, but it's been 30 games that he gives more effort, improved faceoffs, his shot is deadlier, his takeaways are improving, kills penalties and doesnt look out of place at it...Way more consistent thatn Dany HEatley.

43Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:05 pm

marakh wrote:I'm at the point where stats don't interest me anymore. I see a dozen guys that give 100% and a few others that don't. I am more happy with Spezza in the Clouston area than Heatley. Actually I think Spezza, under Clouston, has improved in a lot of areas. He may have not been a factor last night, but it's been 30 games that he gives more effort, improved faceoffs, his shot is deadlier, his takeaways are improving, kills penalties and doesnt look out of place at it...Way more consistent thatn Dany HEatley.

I dont disagree, but again, you cant ignore the results of Healtey. You cant ignore the fact that everyone in Canada and the NHL look at him as one of the best in the world. I hate how he has played, but he is the better player and has a NTC.

He can succeed without Spezza, we know that. Spezza without Heatley, I have def concerns.

44Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:I'm at the point where stats don't interest me anymore. I see a dozen guys that give 100% and a few others that don't. I am more happy with Spezza in the Clouston area than Heatley. Actually I think Spezza, under Clouston, has improved in a lot of areas. He may have not been a factor last night, but it's been 30 games that he gives more effort, improved faceoffs, his shot is deadlier, his takeaways are improving, kills penalties and doesnt look out of place at it...Way more consistent thatn Dany HEatley.

I think this is a huge thing for next year. They make 7 and 7.5 million, they should be killing penalties. And Spezza for sure looked good doing it.

I personally would like to see more of that. It's something to be proud of, instead of always playing 5 on 5 and on the PP, it adds responsibility.

I hope Clouston starts this more.

45Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:07 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:

I dont disagree, but again, you cant ignore the results of Healtey. You cant ignore the fact that everyone in Canada and the NHL look at him as one of the best in the world. I hate how he has played, but he is the better player and has a NTC.

He can succeed without Spezza, we know that. Spezza without Heatley, I have def concerns.

I think one year without playoffs will do Spezza some good.

46Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:11 pm

If it doesnt, we are up the creek for 6 years.

47Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:If it doesnt, we are up the creek for 6 years.

Not necessarily. A NTC isn't as daunting as a NMC. That's the other side of the coin, if there's indecision, just leave Spezza as is - and if something happens that you're not pleased, moving him can be arranged.

48Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:28 pm

You also limit your options to where he can go with an already bad contract. If he gets moved its before July 1 this year. Not really a question about that I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum