GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clouston Extended for 2 years!!

+12
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
top shelf15
PKC
davetherave
LethalLehner
caissie_1
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
jamvan
Cronie
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:19 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Melnyk said it today in the presscon. "I believe that anybody who is ready to stand up and say 'I'm prepared to deliver you a winning team'...and take responsibility...that's the kind of person I want to have in my business."

It's a long road ahead, and a long way to next October, and a long, long way to the prize.

If Melnyk and Murray give Clouston the support he deserves, and the players he should have...and the players give Cory the respect he deserves...the first steps have already been taken.

Crystal balls? Forget it.

You need steel balls to play this game.

Clouston has 'em.

17Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:21 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the Sens have shown in the last few games at least that they are a tough team to play against. Much more aggresive. In fact, in their last two games, they've outhit their opponents, in some instances, quite decisively, so that is again more progress.

18Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:23 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Melnyk said it today in the presscon. "I believe that anybody who is ready to stand up and say 'I'm prepared to deliver you a winning team'...and take responsibility...that's the kind of person I want to have in my business."

It's a long road ahead, and a long way to next October, and a long, long way to the prize.

If Melnyk and Murray give Clouston the support he deserves, and the players he should have...and the players give Cory the respect he deserves...the first steps have already been taken.

Clouston has 'em.

AWESOME!! I nominate this for post of the day!!

Steel balls! Excellent point.

I was thinking the other day that despite Clouston being a rookie in the NHL, if you didn't know he was a rookie, I would venture the laymen watching wouldn't know it. He looks so comfortable and not a bit out of place behind that bench.

19Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:26 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:I think the Sens have shown in the last few games at least that they are a tough team to play against. Much more aggresive. In fact, in their last two games, they've outhit their opponents, in some instances, quite decisively, so that is again more progress.

Cronie, my friend, this season being done for all intents and purposes, the Sens will have 82 games to show how tough they are, and how much progress they are ready to make.

IMHO that's how Clouston looks at it, and good on him.

Last edited by davetherave on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

20Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:28 am

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

Cronie wrote:
davetherave wrote:Melnyk said it today in the presscon. "I believe that anybody who is ready to stand up and say 'I'm prepared to deliver you a winning team'...and take responsibility...that's the kind of person I want to have in my business."

Clouston has 'em.

I was thinking the other day that despite Clouston being a rookie in the NHL, if you didn't know he was a rookie, I would venture the laymen watching wouldn't know it. He looks so comfortable and not a bit out of place behind that bench.
This is what makes this site educated hockey talk from fans ,of all teams, no mindless bashing .:D:

21Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:32 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Clouston has 'em.

Master Cory is the ZenSen.

:D:

22Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lets hope he can keep this going next season coupled with some improvements on D and forward. If so then the Sens should be a playoff team next season.

- Unknown Author

23Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:38 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I am hoping this newfound resurgence under Clouston's watch is NO fluke. Plus, I'm REALLY anxious to see how LeClair performs...

24Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap, listening to the Team 1200 this morning, it seems--from the e-mails being read and calls coming in--like the fans are absolutely thrilled by this new contract for Clouston.

25Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:49 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:

I've always been most impressed with his in-game coaching tweaks and changes.

26Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:56 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exactly Heater. I find Clouston's ability to follow and read the flow of the game and coach on the fly to be very good. And here's hoping it only gets better! Smile

27Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:37 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Has anyone else also noticed that under the direction of Clouston, the team speed has improved dramatically. Do you think conditioning has come back to a premium?

28Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have noticed that, as a matter of fact PK.
In fact, I thought I remember reading a tid-bit on when Clouston was brought in, a LOT of his practices are predicated on that very issue: stamina and conditioning.

29Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Has anyone else also noticed that under the direction of Clouston, the team speed has improved dramatically. Do you think conditioning has come back to a premium?

YES! Absolutely, even Big Z commented on it last night. He said everytime they looked up, there were Sens bearing down on them. Speed through the neutral zone as well - in fact, controlling the neutral zone against speed has become one of their fortes.

I think this comes down to a coach who knows what he's doing and a much better practice and off-ice regiment.

30Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:35 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It was cool that the Big Z commented on it for sure. And it's been quite clear, especially in recent games, that he's trying to make this a part of every single game. We outhit the Bruins of all teams last night - 29-18. NUTS!! AAANNNDD we had played the night before and just demolished the Habs with hits 48 - whatever. Just insane that they can do that 2 nights in a row. Really impressive.

31Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Playing that type of game we were more than successful, and we didnt exactly light it up on the score board. Hopefully this gives some people and fans a little bit of a wider persepctive on what wins games in the NHL.

Hard work, gutsy, and working hard with and without the puck wins games in the NHL and always will. Guess who was held scoreless in those games and was a none factor.

32Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:42 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm pretty sure everyone noticed that. Spezza and Comrie were both non-factors in last night's game.

It was nice to see Heatley finally get out of his funk too.

Shannon threw more hits than Spezz and Comrie combined. That definitely says a lot.

I'm still not comfortable giving up on Spezza right now, he's still young enough to give him more of a chance, and he's had some awesome games lately. Except of course for last night.

33Clouston Extended for 2 years!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Clouston Extended for 2 years!! Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now I'm obsessed with Ryan Kesler. I want him - and I'm prepared to offer Spezza. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum