GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thinking of the Post Season

+6
Phoenix30
beedub
wprager
SensGirl11
SensFan71
davetherave
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Sens 09-10: What is to be done?

Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_lcap24%Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_lcap226%Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 26% [ 7 ]
Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_lcap219%Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 19% [ 5 ]
Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_lcap215%Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 4 ]
Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_lcap211%Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 3 ]
Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_lcap215%Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 4 ]
Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_lcap27%Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 2 ]
Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_lcap23%Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:51 pm

davetherave wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
davetherave wrote:OK, so you are trading Heatley which gives you room to sign a Top 4 D-man.

Who takes Heatley and his contractapalooza? And which team would he be willing to go to?
LA. They need wingers who can put the puck in the net.

Good luck. LA has 43MM committed for next season.
[url=http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=LAK&season=0809
http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=LAK&season=0809[/quote[/url]]
Those numbers are a little out of date. Preissing is now in the minors, so take 2.75 off. We would be taking some salary back as well.

35M over 5 years is pretty nice price for a prolific goal scorer, especially if you are tied with the NYI for the 4th lowest goals per game.

Also, the numbers listed on both nhlnumbers.com and nhlscap.com include bonuses, which had to count against the cap this year whether attained or not. Next year the bonuses can be carried forward if attained, but do not need to be accounted for in current year, now that the CBA has been extended.

62Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:38 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The world on the street (ha ha) is that the cap will never lower to 50 million - and that it's the doom and gloom BS that's making people jump to conclusions.

The NHL would in all probability step in before it lowered itself that much. The whispering seems to be that 52-54 would be the lowest the NHL would let it go.

63Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:59 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:In a fantasy world, love to see Dustin Brown coming back

Brown's untouchable, unfortunately. He's their captain and has one helluva contract.

64Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:13 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

[quote="RobbyJ"]
davetherave wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
davetherave wrote:OK, so you are trading Heatley which gives you room to sign a Top 4 D-man.

Who takes Heatley and his contractapalooza? And which team would he be willing to go to?

http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=LAK&season=0809[/quote]
Those numbers are a little out of date. Preissing is now in the minors, so take 2.75 off. We would be taking some salary back as well.

35M over 5 years is pretty nice price for a prolific goal scorer, especially if you are tied with the NYI for the 4th lowest goals per game.

Also, the numbers listed on both nhlnumbers.com and nhlscap.com include bonuses, which had to count against the cap this year whether attained or not. Next year the bonuses can be carried forward if attained, but do not need to be accounted for in current year, now that the CBA has been extended.

Nice work...thanks for the update.

I assume you have already figured out who LA will send the other way...that these are players the Sens need and want...and that Dean Lombardi is actually interested in paying that kind of money for Heatley.

So how does that deal actually shape up, in your opinion?

cool)

65Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:24 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Doesn't Heatley have an NTC?

66Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:24 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

That has already kicked-in?

67Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:28 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

He certainly wouldn't go to Florida, I can almost guarantee that. Maybe VanCity though... Personally, that isn't a guy that I would part with. Then again, I wouldn't part with Spezza either, I'm more on the Don't trade Spezza train than on the Don't Trade Heatley train.

Can't we just keep both of them and hope that our D will be solid next year, and that we can still sign a top 6, like Comrie or someone similar. Bigger, hopefully.

Then we can wait for Wieircoch and Karlsson to step in in 2 years from now.

No good? Do we need to speed up the process and lose one of the top scorers in the league? Is that really necessary?

68Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:That has already kicked-in?

Yep. He won't waive it - and we don't need him to. How many points does he have in his 500 career games? I want to say 539, but I might be wrong.

Let's toss him aside. Who needs over a PPG player?

69Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:29 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:That has already kicked-in?

Yep. He won't waive it - and we don't need him to. How many points does he have in his 500 career games? I want to say 539, but I might be wrong.

Let's toss him aside. Who needs over a PPG player?

Same with Spezz too though. What was it that they said yesterday. Spezz and Alfie combined since 2002 have 967 points or something ridiculous like that.

Spezza ain't going nowhere either methinks.

70Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:

Same with Spezz too though. What was it that they said yesterday. Spezz and Alfie combined since 2002 have 967 points or something ridiculous like that.

Spezza ain't going nowhere either methinks.

Doubtful. I especially doubt they will if the cap looks like it'll flatline at 52-54 million. That'll do fine, and with Wiercioch, E.Karlsson, whoever we draft this year (Cowen) and to lesser extents Regin, Zubov, Greening, Grant, Condra, O'Brien - there's more than enough time and room to lock up the top 2 lines (CASH and FFS) and then evaluate where you're at based on our talent pool - and the $$ left over.

I've said it before - and I'll say it again. The guys we should be looking at if we get into a cap crunch are Fisher and Kelly. We can also take a long hard look at where Phillips is at year after next, Jason Smith as well, Donovan, Schubert.

There will be $$ going out and money freeing up.

71Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:55 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Sens Report Cards coming up...

72Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:36 pm

[quote="davetherave"]
RobbyJ wrote:
davetherave wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=LAK&season=0809[/quote]

Nice work...thanks for the update.

I assume you have already figured out who LA will send the other way...that these are players the Sens need and want...and that Dean Lombardi is actually interested in paying that kind of money for Heatley.

So how does that deal actually shape up, in your opinion?

cool)
I'm thinking Teubert or Hickey, their 1st rounder and I've heard they have offered Frolov around a bit. If you LA you have to give to get. They can have Brian Lee if they want Sarcasm

73Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:40 pm

I really do think the ground work for a deal with LA has been laid. If there is a team that can afford to give up a 1st rounder this year, its def LA, for some imidiate help.

74Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:45 pm

As long as LA stays in the West, Im okay with this deal Razz

75Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:46 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:I really do think the ground work for a deal with LA has been laid. If there is a team that can afford to give up a 1st rounder this year, its def LA, for some imidiate help.

RobbyJ has stated his case...thoughts from our experts?

What does LA have, like 14 picks?

And well, heck, Terry Murray IS Bryan's brother...it's the least he can do. Wink

So are you all trading Heatley or Spezza to the Kings?

76Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:49 pm

All things being equal, I try and get rid of Heatley for sure. Bigger return, bigger contract, so on...

They need a scoring winger pretty bad, if Heatley would waive, for sure. Our D would be set for years getting Tuebert back and we would have 2 top 10 picks this year with the assests we already have.

LA has a lot Ottawa can use if they are interested in Heatley.

77Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:52 pm

davetherave wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I really do think the ground work for a deal with LA has been laid. If there is a team that can afford to give up a 1st rounder this year, its def LA, for some imidiate help.

And well, heck, Terry Murray IS Bryan's brother...it's the least he can do. Wink

DTR, if it is Spezza, I say he goes to ATL. Centre for Kovy, in return we get their 1st in 2009, 1st in 2010, a prospect and a roster player.

Spezza has picked it up under Clousten while Heatley has not, thus I say move Heatley if possible. I'll probably flip flop again before the draft.

78Thinking of the Post Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of the Post Season Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:57 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
davetherave wrote:

DTR, if it is Spezza, I say he goes to ATL. Centre for Kovy, in return we get their 1st in 2009, 1st in 2010, a prospect and a roster player.

Spezza has picked it up under Clousten while Heatley has not, thus I say move Heatley if possible. I'll probably flip flop again before the draft.

Fair enough Robby, but let me ask you this...if Dean Lombardi offers you the package you proposed re: Heatley for JaySpez instead, do you make that deal?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum