GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maybe I am not supposed to post this but...

+8
davetherave
Sp00nz
COLLAR UP
LethalLehner
Jordo
shabbs
SensFan71
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Murray conference call tomorrow for season ticket holders....
Maybe I am not supposed to post this but... F_Teleconference_evite_e-rev

Someone needs to give Murray a verbal beat down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They should frisk for matches/lighters Smile

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

oh he might be in for it on this one, a lot of pissed off fans now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Before you guys run Murray out of town, give him a chance to explain the moves he made and the moves he wanted to make but was not able to for whatever reason. It takes two to tango and yeah, there's deals we wanted him to make but if there's nothing out there to be had or crap being offered, or more salary being asked to take back... it's just not worth it. This season is done. Trade deadline deals rarely work out into anything significant. We'll see what happens in the off-season and after July 1st.

I'm quite surprised at the anger towards Murray. I'm hoping it's just knee-jerk reaction and cooler heads will prevail...

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

The Kuba resigning is too much. Sure people will say that it's a decent deal for Kuba, but realistically he's ruined any chance of us adding a significant piece to the team next year. Unless Spezza is moved at the draft.. this team is in deep for the next couple of years.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

We actually managed to get worse after the trades. We didn't lose the players I thought we would and we didn't gain anything substantial. He paid too much for Kuba and Leclaire is still up in the air. I can just see us playing Toronto next Monday and Gerbs getting a shut out.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ElliottRules wrote:We actually managed to get worse after the trades.
Isn't that what sellers do at the deadline?

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:

Yes but how do we move forward with what is left? I suspect that there will be a lot of angry ticket holders asking Murray what his plans are. Murray says that we are not in rebuilding mode but this team can't move forward like this any longer. I think management is seeing some of these players through rose coloured glasses. IMO.

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

I heard Murray on team 1200...and he definitely knows there is lots to be done in the off-season...

so relax...what did you expect to happen today?

I personally like the Leclaire acquisition...do I fear it...yes a little...but does he have the potential...abso--fuc*-inglutely...

Leclaire was drafted 8th overall only a couple of years ago...has won gold for team Canada...and had amazing numbers last year...on top of that we got a 2nd rounder...

Kuba...well it is what it is...

bodies will be moved out this summer and people brought in...Murray knows the defence is week and said he knows it needs some fixing...

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:

Exactly...

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

COLLAR UP wrote:I heard Murray on team 1200...and he definitely knows there is lots to be done in the off-season...

so relax...what did you expect to happen today?

I personally like the Leclaire acquisition...do I fear it...yes a little...but does he have the potential...abso--fuc*-inglutely...

Leclaire was drafted 8th overall only a couple of years ago...has won gold for team Canada...and had amazing numbers last year...on top of that we got a 2nd rounder...

Kuba...well it is what it is...

bodies will be moved out this summer and people brought in...Murray knows the defence is week and said he knows it needs some fixing...

Thats exactly it. This roster won't be the one on opening night in the fall.

People seem to be forgetting about the draft. I have no doubt that Murray will make some significant moves leading up to it. If the Sens play 500 hockey the rest of the season, they'll have a top 5 pick in each of the first 2 rounds, and another mid range second round pick.

Not to mention that if they do finish in the bottom 5, they have an actual crack at Taveras and Hedman. Plus there are a lot of people who are starting to believe Karlson might be ready to play in the NHL next season. The defense will be looking decent if that happens.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I also listened to Murray's chat with Jason York and Steve Lloyd in Team 1200 this afternoon around 5:30.

Mr Murray is one smooth operator, I'll give him that.

Looking at what he did today, IMHO...

One, he didn't have much to offer in trade...

Two, had he let Kuba go he would have had to pay more for a UFA PMD...so he got Flip to sign because (according to Dean Brown) FK wanted to stay in Ottawa even his agent wanted the Kubinator to test the UFA market.

Three, a goalie was the priority and trading Vermie for Leclaire was cheaper than shopping for a stopper in June.

Four, he sent Chris Neil a wake up call...why go where you think the grass is greener when Uncle Bryan and Uncle Gene love you?

Now...were these the best moves he could have made? Are these good moves?

Who can say?

Knowing that Bryan Murray is an old fox in the hockey biz, he does buy himself more time...

If Leclaire works out--and we won't know until next year, will we?

Just don't ask what they'll do to replace Vermette's faceoff and PK skills...

The Old Fox has done it again.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

And if Leclaire doesn't? His is a large salary.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:And if Leclaire doesn't? His is a large salary.

Then The Bryan is in deep doodoo...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum