GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Best Top Line Post-Lockout?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Empty The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The CASH line is the one that jumps to mind, but what year was the Naslund/Bertuzzi (pre-Moore)/Morrison line? 2004?

What are people's opinions?

Maybe Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom/whoever?

2The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Empty Re: The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:The CASH line is the one that jumps to mind, but what year was the Naslund/Bertuzzi (pre-Moore)/Morrison line? 2004?

What are people's opinions?

Maybe Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom/whoever?

Stamkos-St. Louis.

3The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Empty Re: The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Downie hurts their chances as the best line over CASH though. What you're doing is what the new NHL is all about though: duos, that's what teams seem to focus on now, but that's for another thread.

4The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Empty Re: The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:30 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

My opinion is that 2004 is pre-lockout Sarcasm

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry, whomever-Thornton-Cheechoo, or the infrequent Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin lines or even the Downie-Stamkos-St.Louis combo would challenge for the top spot.

The problem with this question is that lines so rarely stay together. Zetterberg and Datsyuk have played entire seasons on different lines...

5The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Empty Re: The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:My opinion is that 2004 is pre-lockout Sarcasm

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry, whomever-Thornton-Cheechoo, or the infrequent Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin lines or even the Downie-Stamkos-St.Louis combo would challenge for the top spot.

The problem with this question is that lines so rarely stay together. Zetterberg and Datsyuk have played entire seasons on different lines...

Haha, yeah, but was their last year together pre or post lockout?

And where's the CASH line there?

The Getzlaf line might be my favourite right now.

6The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Empty Re: The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Downie hurts their chances as the best line over CASH though. What you're doing is what the new NHL is all about though: duos, that's what teams seem to focus on now, but that's for another thread.

That was kinda the purpose for my post.

7The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Empty Re: The Best Top Line Post-Lockout? Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:17 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
cash wrote:My opinion is that 2004 is pre-lockout Sarcasm

Haha, yeah, but was their last year together pre or post lockout?

And where's the CASH line there?

The Getzlaf line might be my favourite right now.

The Moore incident happened in 2004. Bertuzzi was traded in June '06

The CASH line is in my username...

There's little denying that the most potent offensive line possible in today's NHL is the Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin line, but like the Getzlaf line, it isn't always together.

Like I said, the problem with this question is the frequency of changes. The best duo question might provide for better discussion: Stamkos-St.Louis, Sedin-Sedin, Getzlaf-Perry, Ovechkin-Backstrom, Heatley-Thornton, Toews-Hossa, Staal-Skinner, Spezza-Alfredsson, Crosby-Anyone he plays with...

I think the best bonafide line post-lockout has to be the CASH line simply by virtue of the fact that most other lines haven't stayed together for a long enough period of time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum