GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hartsburg Fired!

+22
asq2
Phoenix30
TheAvatar
Acrobat
Bramlet07
Riprock
pgood
Cronie
PTFlea
davetherave
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
rooneypoo
wprager
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Mojo
shabbs
PKC
The Silfer Server
Jordo
LeCaptain
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

31Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:55 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Clouston, you've got a problem.

32Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:02 am

Mojo

Rookie
Rookie

If Clouston does come in and is anything more than just a quick fix to ease the transition before the hiring of a more experienced coach, I will be seriously questioning this organization.

33Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:02 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So we'll have three coaches on our payroll - Paddock, Hartsy and now Clouston...

We have become the Tampa Bay Lightning...

34Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:04 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mojo wrote:If Clouston does come in and is anything more than just a quick fix to ease the transition before the hiring of a more experienced coach, I will be seriously questioning this organization.
I have a feeling this is just buying them time to find a new coach, and to avoid the bad optics of Murray stepping behind the bench again. Clouston will be short term.

35Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:09 am

MurderOnIce wrote:If he is stupid enough to put Clouston in place then, begrudgingly they should be moving Murray out too. This is silly. There are a lot of coaches out there. He recently interviewed them you would think. He should be in position to pull the trigger on a better solution than Clouston, even if it is just for a few games. I am sorry but the fanbase here deserves better than here is another vanilla AHL coach to run your 'Contender' Diddle that.

Easy MOI,

It is not uncommon to bring in a minor league coach when you fire your coach mid season. The main reason is you already have him under contract and you don't have to pay someone else to take over the team while you try to find a long term solution.

That and it just may work out like it did with Washington where they brought in Boudreau and he turned out to be the perfect fit and Washington has excelled.

My guess is either a new coach will be named before the Trade Deadline and that coach will have a say as to who stays and who goes.

Just another note. I know it's not easy to move a player with a NMC or NTC, but let's pretend that Torts is the coach. Do you really think after one conversation with Heatley or Fisher where he tells them what he thinks of them, that they don't go running to Murray and ask to be moved?

Dawg's wife

36Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:11 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I post "Clouston, you've got a problem" and nothing? Nothing???!

Come on, it was a classic! Apollo 13!

37Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:14 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:I post "Clouston, you've got a problem" and nothing? Nothing???!

Come on, it was a classic! Apollo 13!
That was a good one.

I think we're all still reeling from this news today...

38Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:15 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I see the presser has been delayed...

39Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:I see the presser has been delayed...

I guess the rope broke and they're looking for another one.

I meant the rope they were using to drag Clouston to the presser.

40Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:28 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:I see the presser has been delayed...

I guess the rope broke and they're looking for another one.

I meant the rope they were using to drag Clouston to the presser.
It was the same rope they used to hang Hartsy out to dry...

Wink

41Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:32 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Some guy on the team 1200 just brought up a good point, that Murray brings in guys who are less experienced and are easier to control.

42Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:33 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

interesting indeed.

Kulka sure isn't a Murray fan by any means

43Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:34 am

Hopefully this interim tag on Clouston does not last very long and Ottawa hires the first black coach in NHL History.

I fully expect Ottawa to announce that Jules Winnfield has been announced as the new head coach of the Ottawa Senators and signed to a lifetime contract. Most of you know that Jules was the character played by Samuel L. Jackson in the movie Pulp Fiction.

He should straighten some of these guys out.

44Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:36 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

notch4077 wrote:Hopefully this interim tag on Clouston does not last very long and Ottawa hires the first black coach in NHL History.

I fully expect Ottawa to announce that Jules Winnfield has been announced as the new head coach of the Ottawa Senators and signed to a lifetime contract. Most of you know that Jules was the character played by Samuel L. Jackson in the movie Pulp Fiction.

Do they speak English in what?

45Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So is Luke Richardson now officially an assistant? I was listening to a it of the press conference and Clouston mentioned talking with Greg (Carvel?) and Luke and how they will definitely be on board in some capacity.

46Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

notch4077 wrote:Hopefully this interim tag on Clouston does not last very long and Ottawa hires the first black coach in NHL History.

47Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:47 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Good quote from Murray: "There will be judgements made before the deadline."

48Hartsburg Fired! - Page 3 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:49 am

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:So we'll have three coaches on our payroll - Paddock, Hartsy and now Clouston...

We have become the Tampa Bay Lightning...

argh, we're actually WORSE than t-bay...

plus, at least they have Lecavelier...

this franchise is a royal mess... it's going to take a couple years to clean this all up I think

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum