GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hartsburg Fired!

+22
asq2
Phoenix30
TheAvatar
Acrobat
Bramlet07
Riprock
pgood
Cronie
PTFlea
davetherave
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
rooneypoo
wprager
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
Mojo
shabbs
PKC
The Silfer Server
Jordo
LeCaptain
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

166Hartsburg Fired! - Page 12 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:15 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
N4L wrote:
As for Clouston, well everyone felt the love fairly quickly but I was def one of the guys to say "lets wait and see". The game has changed and the new NHL needs guys like him, look no further then Edmonton to see how the old guard is no longer useful (Quinn). Same can be applied for Spezza, his big body, long reach, and wait and see attitude on the ice was for the old NHL, the game changed around him too. He's not an impact player 4 years after the lockout.

I did not want another old recycled coach (Hartley, Hartsburg). I believe there were people (on HBoards Hartsburg Fired! - Page 12 489887 ) who wanted Pat Quinn. ... I just LOL'd at that suggestion.

Seeing how well a lot of the rookie coaches in the league I'm glad we took a chance on Clouston. Look at Boudreau, Bylsma and Sacco's successes among others. For whatever reason, the NHL coaching ranks need some new blood. Let the old guard get jobs for TSN doing that stupid quiz every week.

Are you thinking of Pat Quinn's "success" in Edmonton?

167Hartsburg Fired! - Page 12 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

More like "lack of success".

Although I'm not sure there's a coach in existence that could make a winner out of that roster, especially with all the injuries they have.

I just think old-timers like Quinn are past their expiry date in today's NHL.

168Hartsburg Fired! - Page 12 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:04 pm

N4L wrote:As for Clouston, well everyone felt the love fairly quickly but I was def one of the guys to say "lets wait and see". The game has changed and the new NHL needs guys like him, look no further then Edmonton to see how the old guard is no longer useful (Quinn). Same can be applied for Spezza, his big body, long reach, and wait and see attitude on the ice was for the old NHL, the game changed around him too. He's not an impact player 4 years after the lockout.

I said the exact same thing, different words... Welcome back, indeed! Hartsburg Fired! - Page 12 85287

169Hartsburg Fired! - Page 12 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:10 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:
N4L wrote:As for Clouston, well everyone felt the love fairly quickly but I was def one of the guys to say "lets wait and see". The game has changed and the new NHL needs guys like him, look no further then Edmonton to see how the old guard is no longer useful (Quinn). Same can be applied for Spezza, his big body, long reach, and wait and see attitude on the ice was for the old NHL, the game changed around him too. He's not an impact player 4 years after the lockout.

I said the exact same thing, different words... Welcome back, indeed! Hartsburg Fired! - Page 12 85287

If the Spezza from the first 15 games of the season comes back and plays the same consistently, which is possible but I am not sure it will happen, I will have to disagree with that statement.

Otherwise, yeah... he certainly doesn't have the same impact he would have a few years ago.

170Hartsburg Fired! - Page 12 Empty Re: Hartsburg Fired! Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

More like "lack of success".

Although I'm not sure there's a coach in existence that could make a winner out of that roster, especially with all the injuries they have.

I just think old-timers like Quinn are past their expiry date in today's NHL.

Those were sarcastic quotes around "success".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum