GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^&

+9
The Silfer Server
Number Twenty Nine
jamvan
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Snuh
PTFlea
SensFan71
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 4 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:34 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

pgood wrote:
PKC wrote:This all really comes as a surprise to me. Why you ask? Well for a guy who's sucked on Crosby's dick for so long, I'm almost stunned that he still has vocal chords.

I think we are all forgetting about the guy McGuire has the biggest hard on for... forget Crosby or Ovechkin, he was blowing Dion Phaneuf well before he ever got on his knees for the other two.

The very first season he awarded his "Monster of the Year" he gave it to Phaneuf in his rookie year over Chara. And I think, Chara was more deserving of said meaningless award, though I must admit to having a bias on that subject. Points wise Chara had 6 less points in 11 less games that year, and managed better numbers in I think all other major statistical categories that year.

I remember when Phaneuf was playing for the world juniors, McGuire said something uber creepy, something along the lines of "You guys should see this guy in the locker room" referring to how ripped he is, but it came out all weird and creepy, like the old guy from family guy creepy.

47Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 4 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:41 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
pgood wrote:
PKC wrote:This all really comes as a surprise to me. Why you ask? Well for a guy who's sucked on Crosby's dick for so long, I'm almost stunned that he still has vocal chords.

I think we are all forgetting about the guy McGuire has the biggest hard on for... forget Crosby or Ovechkin, he was blowing Dion Phaneuf well before he ever got on his knees for the other two.

The very first season he awarded his "Monster of the Year" he gave it to Phaneuf in his rookie year over Chara. And I think, Chara was more deserving of said meaningless award, though I must admit to having a bias on that subject. Points wise Chara had 6 less points in 11 less games that year, and managed better numbers in I think all other major statistical categories that year.

I remember when Phaneuf was playing for the world juniors, McGuire said something uber creepy, something along the lines of "You guys should see this guy in the locker room" referring to how ripped he is, but it came out all weird and creepy, like the old guy from family guy creepy.

Or when he referenced Tavares' "hard body."

Suspect :pale:

48Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 4 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:09 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I saw Brodeur's record for somthing like his first 10 games (and that was ugly) and that pretty much confirmed the fact that you don't know anything about a goalie's future in the nhl after at least a few seasons...

49Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 4 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:
To be fair, the winning goal should have been called off because Foligno hooked the Washington player off the puck. His stick may not have bent like AO's did on Wichester but I couldn't believe they let it go. And 2-3 seconds later the puck's in the net.

I thought so too.

Since we're having a fair-fest here, Heatley's second goal should have been the winner.

Speaking of goals kicked in Smile

Anyone see the Habs' (Higgins?) goal? I saw a kicking motion -- he pivoted the foot so that the back end of the blade would direct the puck in. I've seen goals kicked into the net in soccer using just as little movement. Anyhow, it didn't affect the outcome but I can't believe they let that one count. This whole rule needs to be tossed out. Since when is it OK to turn your skate to steer the puck in?

50Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 4 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:22 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:
To be fair, the winning goal should have been called off because Foligno hooked the Washington player off the puck. His stick may not have bent like AO's did on Wichester but I couldn't believe they let it go. And 2-3 seconds later the puck's in the net.

I thought so too.

Since we're having a fair-fest here, Heatley's second goal should have been the winner.

Anyone see the Habs' (Higgins?) goal? I saw a kicking motion -- he pivoted the foot so that the back end of the blade would direct the puck in. I've seen goals kicked into the net in soccer using just as little movement. Anyhow, it didn't affect the outcome but I can't believe they let that one count. This whole rule needs to be tossed out. Since when is it OK to turn your skate to steer the puck in?

I thought the rule was now interpreted such that it was legal to direct but not to kick - thus no kicking motion = goal (as screwed up as that is.)

51Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 4 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:47 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:

I thought so too.

I think the rule is completely dumb. Guys can deflect the puck with anything imaginable, but they can't kick it in.

They can kick the puck up to their stick, they can kick-pass the puck to a teammate, they can kick the puck ahead of them, they just can't kick it into the net.

I think removing the rule would take away a lot of those iffy calls that referees and off-ice officials have to make.

52Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 4 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:59 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Problem is that you don't want it to turn into soccer around the net. It could get dicey for the goalies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum