GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

One of the reasons Pierre McGuire will not be a GM

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

So I guess I am either way on McGuire... I think he is a knowledgeable hockey guy, more knowledgeable than me but the way he went on this morning about how the team should be working Heatley to stay, to me says he is not GM material.

He is professional, personable etc… but hockey is a TOUGH business. This kind of crap has to be dealt with in a tough manner. He went on about Scotty B, and how you can’t teach what Heatley does… well more importantly, you can’t give the entire a team two bad messages… First, if you threaten us we will bend over backward to give you ego a stroking. No we will push you in front of a bus. You will go where we get the best deal or you will sit out, that is the ‘benefit’ of your no movement clause… Second, is it okay to question the team about their expectations of you as a player. NFW, if we ask you to move your feet, you move your feet. You don’t tell us what the work ethic should be like. We tell you, we set the expectations. If you don’t meet them you will sit until you aren’t too tired to play the way we expect you to…

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:So I guess I am either way on McGuire... I think he is a knowledgeable hockey guy, more knowledgeable than me but the way he went on this morning about how the team should be working Heatley to stay, to me says he is not GM material.

He is professional, personable etc… but hockey is a TOUGH business. This kind of crap has to be dealt with in a tough manner. He went on about Scotty B, and how you can’t teach what Heatley does… well more importantly, you can’t give the entire a team two bad messages… First, if you threaten us we will bend over backward to give you ego a stroking. No we will push you in front of a bus. You will go where we get the best deal or you will sit out, that is the ‘benefit’ of your no movement clause… Second, is it okay to question the team about their expectations of you as a player. NFW, if we ask you to move your feet, you move your feet. You don’t tell us what the work ethic should be like. We tell you, we set the expectations. If you don’t meet them you will sit until you aren’t too tired to play the way we expect you to…

non stop bag skates for heatley if he is part of this team come training camp, Clouston will show him for questioning his authority.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:So I guess I am either way on McGuire... I think he is a knowledgeable hockey guy, more knowledgeable than me but the way he went on this morning about how the team should be working Heatley to stay, to me says he is not GM material.

He is professional, personable etc… but hockey is a TOUGH business. This kind of crap has to be dealt with in a tough manner. He went on about Scotty B

What else is new? lol

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

That's really funny - all I heard this morning was this long, loud sucking sound...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum