GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petition to have McGuire apologize.

+12
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Mojo
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
davetherave
Number Twenty Nine
The Silfer Server
TeamRenzo
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Should Pierre McGuire apologize for his comments on Team1200?

Petition to have McGuire apologize. Vote_lcap252%Petition to have McGuire apologize. Vote_rcap2 52% [ 13 ]
Petition to have McGuire apologize. Vote_lcap248%Petition to have McGuire apologize. Vote_rcap2 48% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey all,

I noticed there's been a lot posted about Pierre McGuire lately and thought this might be worth posting in order to gauge interest. Do you feel McGuire owes Ottawa fans an apology for painting us all with the same brush with his comments on Team1200?

If so then sign your handle below and don't forget to vote in the poll.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

- Unknown Author

2Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:48 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

It depends though. Who exactly did he refer to, when he said provincial fans? May be he read somewhere on a forum people insulting him, I don't know. I don't think the message was directed to the entire fanbase...

3Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:53 am

I think Stuntman Stu should have to apologize for sucking, and Kulka for being on the radio. But, those are topics for another day.
Someone said it right, his message was accurate, but his delivery was poor, and while I don't like him, and never have, I don't think he needs to apologize for anything, and I certainly won't hold my breath waiting for one.

4Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:34 am

Agreed B B B Bird. Asking him to apologize seems ridiculous to me. What kind of lame society have we become where we trip all over ourselves to apologize and please everyone. The man is entitled to his opinion, right or wrong. He's a massive tit though. If he called all Sens fans inbred morons or something, I might be inclined to want an apology, but this seems ridiculous to me.

5Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:36 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Then put in your vote because right now it's 3 to 1 in favour of having him appoligise.

- Unknown Author

6Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:37 am

Knew I forgot something Wink

7Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:10 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Then put in your vote because right now it's 3 to 1 in favour of having him apoligize.

www.dictionary.com

8Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:15 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:Agreed B B B Bird. Asking him to apologize seems ridiculous to me. What kind of lame society have we become where we trip all over ourselves to apologize and please everyone. The man is entitled to his opinion, right or wrong. He's a massive tit though. If he called all Sens fans inbred morons or something, I might be inclined to want an apology, but this seems ridiculous to me.

We're Canadians... It's sort of what we do.

9Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:19 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TeamRenzo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Then put in your vote because right now it's 3 to 1 in favour of having him apoligize.

[url=http://www.dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com[/quote[/url]]

Fixed

- Unknown Author

10Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:19 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Then put in your vote because right now it's 3 to 1 in favour of having him appoligise.

Like marakh I didn't hear the radio interview, and thus cannot vote because I do not like making uninformed decisions.

What I can say, is if the comments he made about Elliott were as harsh as people are making it out to be, then when Elliott proves him wrong, I want him to admit he was mistaken and then apologize.

11Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:20 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

It's funny how a guy like Avery loses his career over off colour comments, but the Evil Charlie Brown doesn't even acknowledge doing the same.

12Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:22 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:It's funny how a guy like Avery loses his career over off colour comments, but the Evil Charlie Brown doesn't even acknowledge doing the same.

HAHAHAHAH Evil Charlie Brown... That's a great snipe.

13Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:44 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I heard McGuire's interview, and his comment was standard McGuire. Over the top and snarky, but there was some element of truth.

IMHO his use of the word 'provincial' in this context (meaning a narrow, partisan view of the situation) was probably aimed more at the hosts of the program, who seem to constantly make excuses for the Senators instead of offering insightful and objective comment.

The word 'partisan' would have probably been a better choice.

McGuire is, at his best, annoying, and at his worst, insufferable. But he does know his hockey.

On Team 1200, Mike Eastwood calls it as he sees it, and isn't afraid to discuss the real issues; on CJRC, Alain Sanscartier is frank and addresses questions about the team in depth. Wayne Scanlan is probably the best hockey journalist in this city.

A little less cheerleading or slagging, and more informed discussion, would be welcome overall in Ottawa hockey media.

The fans are intelligent, and they deserve better.

14Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Mike Eastwood if fine until someone challenges him or disagrees with him. When this happens, he turns Kulka like and goes on the attack and tries to belittle the caller.

15Petition to have McGuire apologize. Empty Re: Petition to have McGuire apologize. Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was a dickhead thing to say, but he doesn't need to apologize. Just go deeper into it next segment and explain what he thinks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum