GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^&

+9
The Silfer Server
Number Twenty Nine
jamvan
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Snuh
PTFlea
SensFan71
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:44 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:I just keep noticing that Holly Horton is easy on the eyes and knows more than the rest combined, oh wait, I never said that lol affraid

I like her a lot more than Jennifer Hedger. When you see Hedger in HD you can see just how much makeup she has on, and looks kind of fake... And someone told me she was married to Sean "Big Dude" McCormick of Sportsnet, and i can't look at her the same way anymore... Just lost so much respect for her. Who calls himself the Big Dude... really.

32Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:46 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dawg's Wife wrote:Proof of this was in the first period when he interviewed Ovechkin he was quick to ask how his mouth was after getting high sticked. Ovechkin replied that it hit his shield and McGuire responded with "ok, good" in a empathetic tone.

Missing the morning show because I was so pissed, did Mcguire comment on how the 2nd goal shouldn't have been a goal that Steckel scored and how Steckel should be receiving a min 2 game suspension (similar to Ruutu) for the head shot..

No...didn't think so.

To be fair, the winning goal should have been called off because Foligno hooked the Washington player off the puck. His stick may not have bent like AO's did on Wichester but I couldn't believe they let it go. And 2-3 seconds later the puck's in the net.

33Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:Proof of this was in the first period when he interviewed Ovechkin he was quick to ask how his mouth was after getting high sticked. Ovechkin replied that it hit his shield and McGuire responded with "ok, good" in a empathetic tone.

Missing the morning show because I was so pissed, did Mcguire comment on how the 2nd goal shouldn't have been a goal that Steckel scored and how Steckel should be receiving a min 2 game suspension (similar to Ruutu) for the head shot..

No...didn't think so.

To be fair, the winning goal should have been called off because Foligno hooked the Washington player off the puck. His stick may not have bent like AO's did on Wichester but I couldn't believe they let it go. And 2-3 seconds later the puck's in the net.

No, McGuire didn't touch the stick in the face to Picard. Nor did he seem to notice during the game. He must have shut his mic off to privately cheer for his team scoring.

34Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
cash wrote:
The most beautiful moment of the whole game: as the play was going on, McGuire made a comment about Elliott's rebound control and as he finished his sentence, Elliott took a rocket to the chest protector and held on to it:lol!:

That was cool LOL. Also when he was saying that the Washington bench is "so cool and calm and collected as they kill this late penalty"...and seconds later Bell scores to end it effectively.

Good one Pierre.

Well, they *were* cool and calm and collected, because they have a great record and score lots of goals and they came back from an 0-2 deficit and have done it before and know they can win this game. Knowing you can win is not the same as winning but, same as being calm and collected just before you lose doesn't mean you weren't or shouldn't have been calm and collected.

35Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:Agreed. And that goes for McGuire as well. The guy calls it like it is. Obviously that's gonna ruffle some feathers.

Last night was horrible mind you...but he's taking a tremendous amount of flak for it 'round the Ottawa forums and talk radio etc. :D

Too bad the "cause" is being taken up by Kulka and Lee "Small Time" Versage.

McGuire calls it as he sees it and supports his argument by calling attention to examples as they happen and ignores anything that goes against his opinion.

This is the 2nd game that he's on Elliott and he really hasn't spoken up when Elliott does well and keeps harping on his "rebound" control" and the fact that he will never be Brodeur or Roy.

He gave him his due when he named him the Monster. And when did he ever say that he won't be another Brodeur or Roy? Sure, he *isn't* one now, but when did he say he *never* will be?

36Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:He gave him his due when he named him the Monster. And when did he ever say that he won't be another Brodeur or Roy? Sure, he *isn't* one now, but when did he say he *never* will be?

This morning. Using Brodeur or Roy to make a point about Elliott is ridiculous.

What the hell is "The Monster" anyway? I'll bet a "Monster" from each team is picked before the game and the winning "Monster" gets the nod.

37Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I haven't been able to listen to the morning show since the frakking transit strike began (Dec. 10). I'm out the door at 5:30 and sometimes they still have FSR on until TGOR wake up. I can't really ask my car-poolies to turn on Team1200 since none of them are hockey fans Sad

38Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I haven't been able to listen to the morning show since the frakking transit strike began (Dec. 10). I'm out the door at 5:30 and sometimes they still have FSR on until TGOR wake up. I can't really ask my car-poolies to turn on Team1200 since none of them are hockey fans Sad

You're not missing much. McGuire is probably the only reason to listen to the whole show and he's only on for 15 minutes. And out of that, Straightman Stu eats up time with his horrible questions and absurd suggestions.

39Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:07 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:I just keep noticing that Holly Horton is easy on the eyes and knows more than the rest combined, oh wait, I never said that lol affraid

I like her a lot more than Jennifer Hedger. When you see Hedger in HD you can see just how much makeup she has on, and looks kind of fake... And someone told me she was married to Sean "Big Dude" McCormick of Sportsnet, and i can't look at her the same way anymore... Just lost so much respect for her. Who calls himself the Big Dude... really.

He is just trying to over compensate for something, maybe bad blogging, will leave it at that.

40Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

I thought so too.

41Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:

I thought so too.

Since we're having a fair-fest here, Heatley's second goal should have been the winner.

42Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:34 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Too bad the "cause" is being taken up by Kulka and Lee "Small Time" Versage.

McGuire calls it as he sees it and supports his argument by calling attention to examples as they happen and ignores anything that goes against his opinion.

This is the 2nd game that he's on Elliott and he really hasn't spoken up when Elliott does well and keeps harping on his "rebound" control" and the fact that he will never be Brodeur or Roy.

The other thing I'm sick of hearing from him is that he was drafted 2nd last in his year and it's a mirracle (or something like that) that he's even in the NHL.

How many times did I have to hear him rave about how Scotty and the Boys in Detroit were able to find Zetterberg and Datsuyk late in the draft and they were gems.

So what he was drafted 2nd last...there have been a bunch of NHL guys never drafted and still made it.

Although I have to give Gord 'Huge Melon' Miller credit...his line of who is Arseny Bondarev. The only guy drafted after Brian Elliott in the 2003 entry draft.

43Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Oh and does he mention that Halak was drafted at 271, Tarnasky was drafted at 287 and Elliot at 291. So by that logic they should all be crappy players.

44Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Wow...here's a stat for you...

Montreal has 3 players on their roster/or traded from them who were all drafted in the last round or the 03/04 and 05 drafts. All 3 play a pretty major role.

Halak, Streit, Kostitsyn.

Makes you go hmm...who is their directory of player personelle....oh yeah..Trevor Timmins...a former Senator Management member...

Lastly..while I'm ranting...I whish the NHL kept track of some advanced stats for goalies..like Rebounds and shots/saves/goals off rebounds.

45Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:23 pm

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:This all really comes as a surprise to me. Why you ask? Well for a guy who's sucked on Crosby's dick for so long, I'm almost stunned that he still has vocal chords.

I think we are all forgetting about the guy McGuire has the biggest hard on for... forget Crosby or Ovechkin, he was blowing Dion Phaneuf well before he ever got on his knees for the other two.

The very first season he awarded his "Monster of the Year" he gave it to Phaneuf in his rookie year over Chara. And I think, Chara was more deserving of said meaningless award, though I must admit to having a bias on that subject. Points wise Chara had 6 less points in 11 less games that year, and managed better numbers in I think all other major statistical categories that year.

46Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:34 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

pgood wrote:
PKC wrote:This all really comes as a surprise to me. Why you ask? Well for a guy who's sucked on Crosby's dick for so long, I'm almost stunned that he still has vocal chords.

I think we are all forgetting about the guy McGuire has the biggest hard on for... forget Crosby or Ovechkin, he was blowing Dion Phaneuf well before he ever got on his knees for the other two.

The very first season he awarded his "Monster of the Year" he gave it to Phaneuf in his rookie year over Chara. And I think, Chara was more deserving of said meaningless award, though I must admit to having a bias on that subject. Points wise Chara had 6 less points in 11 less games that year, and managed better numbers in I think all other major statistical categories that year.

I remember when Phaneuf was playing for the world juniors, McGuire said something uber creepy, something along the lines of "You guys should see this guy in the locker room" referring to how ripped he is, but it came out all weird and creepy, like the old guy from family guy creepy.

47Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:41 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
pgood wrote:

I remember when Phaneuf was playing for the world juniors, McGuire said something uber creepy, something along the lines of "You guys should see this guy in the locker room" referring to how ripped he is, but it came out all weird and creepy, like the old guy from family guy creepy.

Or when he referenced Tavares' "hard body."

Suspect :pale:

48Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 3 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I saw Brodeur's record for somthing like his first 10 games (and that was ugly) and that pretty much confirmed the fact that you don't know anything about a goalie's future in the nhl after at least a few seasons...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum