GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^&

+9
The Silfer Server
Number Twenty Nine
jamvan
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Snuh
PTFlea
SensFan71
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:23 am

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:Pardon the strong language, but last night's game commentary by Pierre McGuire reinforces why I usually mute him so I can watch the game in peace. I did mute it after halfway through the first, so am copying some of what our good friend Sens Chirp had to say about the "Monster" Pierre McGuire.

Just wanted to rant a little bit about TSN's Pierre McGuire. His two and half hour love in for everything Washington Capital tonight was nearly unbearable. While Alex Ovechkin is a world class player and a treat to watch, he struggled tonight while another NHL star excelled. Dany Heatley was the best player on the ice at both ends of the ice yet didn't make it on Pierre's radar until the last minute of play when he prevented a potential game tying goal. Time and time again McGuire ranted about the "cyborg" that is Alex Ovechkin as he continued to slam pucks into the glass behind Brian Elliott or into the shin pads of Senators defenders.

Elliott ended up being named McGuire's Monster but the only time I heard Pierre mention him was to once again criticize his rebound control and say he was not NHL ready.

I am usually a fan of Mcguire's but his on air bias for the Capitals tonight was a little over the top.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. THis guy is more annoying that the teletubbies.

17Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:38 am

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

The whole TSN gang are a bunch of negative Sens haters.

McGuire seems to have a special hate on for the Sens.....

18Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:05 pm

Number Twenty Nine wrote:The whole TSN gang are a bunch of negative Sens haters.

Yes McGuire can be annoying, but can anyone argue that Elliot's rebound control needs alot of work. I don't remember McGuire saying that Elliot will never get better just that he still has a ways to go. McGuire was also very complimentary of Elliot's work ethic.

As for anti Sens gang at TSN, they are just calling it like it is, there is a reason we are tied with Atlanta for 28th in a 30 team league.

19Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:The only explanation I have for this is because Crosby is having an off year and McGuire has followed his whatever you want to call it to greener pastures.

Here's my explanation:

Name Dropper McGuire = Frontrunner

20Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:20 pm

Number Twenty Nine wrote:The whole TSN gang are a bunch of negative Sens haters.

McKenzie is alright though. If he has a bias for any team, I haven't seen any indication of it. Him, Koulie, and Ozzy are pretty much the only sportscasters on major sports networks who don't have a masive and blatant bias against the Sens.
Ludzig isn't cad or anything, I've just noticed a little dislike for the Sens...

21Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:

Yes McGuire can be annoying, but can anyone argue that Elliot's rebound control needs alot of work. I don't remember McGuire saying that Elliot will never get better just that he still has a ways to go. McGuire was also very complimentary of Elliot's work ethic.

As for anti Sens gang at TSN, they are just calling it like it is, there is a reason we are tied with Atlanta for 28th in a 30 team league.

Agreed. And that goes for McGuire as well. The guy calls it like it is. Obviously that's gonna ruffle some feathers.

Last night was horrible mind you...but he's taking a tremendous amount of flak for it 'round the Ottawa forums and talk radio etc. :D

Last edited by 504Heater on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

22Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Snuh wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Pardon the strong language, but last night's game commentary by Pierre McGuire reinforces why I usually mute him so I can watch the game in peace. I did mute it after halfway through the first, so am copying some of what our good friend Sens Chirp had to say about the "Monster" Pierre McGuire.

Just wanted to rant a little bit about TSN's Pierre McGuire. His two and half hour love in for everything Washington Capital tonight was nearly unbearable. While Alex Ovechkin is a world class player and a treat to watch, he struggled tonight while another NHL star excelled. Dany Heatley was the best player on the ice at both ends of the ice yet didn't make it on Pierre's radar until the last minute of play when he prevented a potential game tying goal. Time and time again McGuire ranted about the "cyborg" that is Alex Ovechkin as he continued to slam pucks into the glass behind Brian Elliott or into the shin pads of Senators defenders.

Elliott ended up being named McGuire's Monster but the only time I heard Pierre mention him was to once again criticize his rebound control and say he was not NHL ready.

I am usually a fan of Mcguire's but his on air bias for the Capitals tonight was a little over the top.

I agree. McGuire was hard to listen to last night. I was shocked that he named Elliott the "Monster" of the game. During the entire game he kept harping on Elliott for his rebound control. Ya, he let out some rebounds, but show me an NHL goalie who doesn't let out a rebound or two throughout the course of a game. Elliott's rebound control is amazing when compared to a goalie like Gerber, but I'd put him on par with an average NHL goalie when talking rebound control.
The most beautiful moment of the whole game: as the play was going on, McGuire made a comment about Elliott's rebound control and as he finished his sentence, Elliott took a rocket to the chest protector and held on to it:lol!:

23Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

James Duffy is a major tool and Dutchie looks like a fat vampire...

24Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
The most beautiful moment of the whole game: as the play was going on, McGuire made a comment about Elliott's rebound control and as he finished his sentence, Elliott took a rocket to the chest protector and held on to it:lol!:

That was cool LOL. Also when he was saying that the Washington bench is "so cool and calm and collected as they kill this late penalty"...and seconds later Bell scores to end it effectively.

Good one Pierre.

25Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:James Duffy is a major tool and Dutchie looks like a fat vampire...

Big Jay Onrait and....damn I can't remember the other guy's name. They are hilarious in the mornings.

26Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

O'Toole I think. Dan O'Toole.

27Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:Agreed. And that goes for McGuire as well. The guy calls it like it is. Obviously that's gonna ruffle some feathers.

Last night was horrible mind you...but he's taking a tremendous amount of flak for it 'round the Ottawa forums and talk radio etc. :D

Too bad the "cause" is being taken up by Kulka and Lee "Small Time" Versage.

McGuire calls it as he sees it and supports his argument by calling attention to examples as they happen and ignores anything that goes against his opinion.

This is the 2nd game that he's on Elliott and he really hasn't spoken up when Elliott does well and keeps harping on his "rebound" control" and the fact that he will never be Brodeur or Roy.

28Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:40 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:James Duffy is a major tool and Dutchie looks like a fat vampire...

I love Duthie, guy is hilarious... and Dutchie is jacked, freaking massive muscles. Met him at the Heart and Crown after one of the world junior games, and the guy couldn't be nicer. I have a whole new respect for that man. He was talking it up with people, extremely approachable.

29Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:41 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I just keep noticing that Holly Horton is easy on the eyes and knows more than the rest combined, oh wait, I never said that lol affraid

30Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:42 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:O'Toole I think. Dan O'Toole.

Yeah, and they've started to team up and make fun of their producer, Tim or Jim or something like that... pretty funny.

31Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:44 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:I just keep noticing that Holly Horton is easy on the eyes and knows more than the rest combined, oh wait, I never said that lol affraid

I like her a lot more than Jennifer Hedger. When you see Hedger in HD you can see just how much makeup she has on, and looks kind of fake... And someone told me she was married to Sean "Big Dude" McCormick of Sportsnet, and i can't look at her the same way anymore... Just lost so much respect for her. Who calls himself the Big Dude... really.

32Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dawg's Wife wrote:Proof of this was in the first period when he interviewed Ovechkin he was quick to ask how his mouth was after getting high sticked. Ovechkin replied that it hit his shield and McGuire responded with "ok, good" in a empathetic tone.

Missing the morning show because I was so pissed, did Mcguire comment on how the 2nd goal shouldn't have been a goal that Steckel scored and how Steckel should be receiving a min 2 game suspension (similar to Ruutu) for the head shot..

No...didn't think so.

To be fair, the winning goal should have been called off because Foligno hooked the Washington player off the puck. His stick may not have bent like AO's did on Wichester but I couldn't believe they let it go. And 2-3 seconds later the puck's in the net.

33Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& - Page 2 Empty Re: Pierre McGuire is a *%&@*^&@*@%^& Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:Proof of this was in the first period when he interviewed Ovechkin he was quick to ask how his mouth was after getting high sticked. Ovechkin replied that it hit his shield and McGuire responded with "ok, good" in a empathetic tone.

Missing the morning show because I was so pissed, did Mcguire comment on how the 2nd goal shouldn't have been a goal that Steckel scored and how Steckel should be receiving a min 2 game suspension (similar to Ruutu) for the head shot..

No...didn't think so.

To be fair, the winning goal should have been called off because Foligno hooked the Washington player off the puck. His stick may not have bent like AO's did on Wichester but I couldn't believe they let it go. And 2-3 seconds later the puck's in the net.

No, McGuire didn't touch the stick in the face to Picard. Nor did he seem to notice during the game. He must have shut his mic off to privately cheer for his team scoring.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum