GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

House Cleaning in Ottawa? NEW and IMPROVED

+7
Sens4thecup
TheAvatar
Cronie
PTFlea
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stevie Y. please.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Never gonna happen. Stevie Y will stay with the Wings for life.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Never gonna happen. Stevie Y will stay with the Wings for life.

He said he would leave to GM a team if the chance arose.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also for sale:

Vermette
Kuba
Smith!!
Gerber (please?)
Kelly

For the right picks/prospects
Lee
O'Brien
Picard
Auld

For supreme blue-chippers and 1st rounders:

Spezza
Volchenkov

Players who I might have to break legs to make them waive:

Fisher
Phillips

All for sale. Take a look. Give us many picks.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

It would surprise me if Melnyk were to replace the GM and the Coach. The new GM would certainly want to pick his own coach.

Bob Nicholson as GM is just Dung rumour mill stuff. What is far more likely is that Murray be asked to step back behind the bench, but refuses (politely); and Melnyk cans and replaces both with Pat Quinn. There is no way Murray and Quinn can work together because each one wants full control. If Quinn comes in, Murray will be gone by next season.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Heater, I think you're getting carried away. We're not fireselling.

TheAvatar wrote:It would surprise me if Melnyk were to replace the GM and the Coach. The new GM would certainly want to pick his own coach.
Maybe the new GM is the new coach Wink Melnyk seems to be comfortable with the idea...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:Heater, I think you're getting carried away. We're not fireselling.

I don't mean total disrespect to our rosters and players, all I mean is, these are guys that given the right circumstances, I would move for picks.

Kelly and Vermette so desperately need to go, it's not even funny. But they can be done in the summer if no team makes a competitive offer (no Kurt Russell from Columbus doesn't cut it).

Jason Smith would be dynamite for a playoff team. I could see a 2nd rounder coming our way if we choose to go that route.

Gerber sucks worse than anyone can imagine, so he's here until the end of year.

Maybe Kuba can fetch us a 1st. That would be delicious. Or re-sign him, IF he's willing to take 3 X 3. But he'd be best to do it now, or he'll be looking for change of address forms in March.

McAmmond I would actually keep if possible, because no one is gonna give you more than a 6th for him - and I like him. Ditto Donovan.

The two guys that I would most like to trade are Fisher and especially Phillips. Good Lord...please...and it would clear almost 8 million dollars in cap space....boo hoo hoo.

If we are forced to keep Fisher, at least he competes at the highest level possible. Phillips, I'm sour on now.

Spezza I would like to keep personally, but if the BJs get desperate and offer Filatov, Brassard and a 1st (not gonna happen) for Spezza and Kuba...I would be all over that.

Volchenkov would have to net us a blue chipper and a 1st. Which would be uber-sexy. Otherwise, re-sign him in the summer please. He can stay.

I'm canvasing for a small (to medium size) firesale where I can load up on picks. I want 5 1st rounders ( :D ) and a whole whack of 2nds and 3rds.

504Heater wrote:Also for sale:

Vermette
Kuba
Smith!!
Gerber (please?)
Kelly

For the right picks/prospects
Lee
O'Brien
Picard
Auld

For supreme blue-chippers and 1st rounders:

Spezza
Volchenkov

Players who I might have to break legs to make them waive:

Fisher
Phillips

All for sale. Take a look. Give us many picks.
Volchenkov stays. No question. It is absolutely unacceptable to trade him. He's ranked the #1 defender in the league (and hence the world) for Diddle sake.
As much as people gripe about his contract, Fisher should stay. He hasn't been nearly as bad as his point totals.
Trade Spezza at your own peril.
There's no sense or reason in trading Picard. He's been as advertised - even better Imo - and has great top-4 potential.
Trading O'Brien is just nonsense. I don't even understand the suggestion.
And I would still keep Kelly. Call me crazy, but I like his game. He's way more valuable than people think.
And how the F is Heatley not front and center on the list? Heatley's game consists of playing Dung hockey for 50 minutes, then scoring the tying goal and the game winner. Now he's not even doing the scoring part. He's lazy, predictable, SLOW, can't PK, and doesn't score... Time to go.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
Volchenkov stays. No question. It is absolutely unacceptable to trade him. He's ranked the #1 defender in the league (and hence the world) for Diddle sake.

In what league is Volchenkov ranked the #1 defender? I love him, but he's not in the top 20. I can probably name 30 actually that are better.

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Suprised that no one has mentioned Messier as a possible GM?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens4thecup wrote:Suprised that no one has mentioned Messier as a possible GM?

Oh...I hate that guy. But, I'll take anyone with his passion for the game. Is he looking to GM a team?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

man, it's weird that you suggested him as I had him in mind for some reason, maybe not specific to the Sens but I could see him GM'ing a team soon.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronenbergfan wrote:

man, it's weird that you suggested him as I had him in mind for some reason, maybe not specific to the Sens but I could see him GM'ing a team soon.

Then we could re-name the arena the Lay's Potato Chip Centre.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He's too busy selling that new helmet design... and eating Lay's chips.

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mmmm...chips.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

McKenzie said that? Diddle me upside down, I'm okay with this!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum