GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Tim Thomas at the white house for 4 more years!

+7
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
spader
wprager
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Great to see Americans haven't lost their minds completely and have re-elected Obama!
Congrats to our neighbors to the south!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cheering

I guess this means that every American won't get a free pair of magic underwear, or a free pony. Sad

Vermin Supreme in '16!!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Great to see Americans haven't lost their minds completely and have re-elected Obama!

I don't think it's that great of an accomplishments. The very fact that those two were the only candidates should make our neighbours to the south feel a little ashamed.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Great to see Americans haven't lost their minds completely and have re-elected Obama!

I don't think it's that great of an accomplishments. The very fact that those two were the only candidates should make our neighbours to the south feel a little ashamed.

There were other candidates:

No Tim Thomas at the white house for 4 more years! Roseanne%20barr

Smile

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's quite amusing when you look at the voting breakdown. And the split was about 50/50 too, so keep in mind it won't take much to put another "Bush" back in power.

In many states, the populous areas (cities) voted Democrat, whereas the backwoods hick areas all voted Republican.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

It's quite amusing when you look at the voting breakdown. And the split was about 50/50 too, so keep in mind it won't take much to put another "Bush" back in power.

In many states, the populous areas (cities) voted Democrat, whereas the backwoods hick areas all voted Republican.

I think with half a brain they'll have Hillary Clinton as their candidate for the next one and she'll win with the woman's vote and the democrat vote. it may be dirty business to just look it that way but whatever keeps the republicans away.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

I think that is a gross exaggeration. A lot of very smart people on both sides. A lot of total idiots, too. Sadly, I follow twitters (twits?) from both sides. Couldn't figure out a way to block just politically motivated tweets.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

Well, the fiscal cliff is coming January 1, and Obama is gonna make the rich suburbians pay more tax.
The USA are getting more and more diverse ethnic wise, I don't think we're getting another Bush anytime soon. 80,000 Latino Americans are turning 18 every year apparently. Advantage to the Democrats long term.
The only reason this election was even close (not close if we look at the electoral votes), is because people, mostly those who don't follow politics much, think that 1, someone can transform a country into a paradise in 4 years and 2, that an economic crisis rests on the shoulders of the President.
After that, you're either a Republican or a Democrat and you're gonna vote based on what values you cherish more, really. Personally I will never ever cheer for a Republican party. But that's just me and I respect a Republican's opinion as much.

The world is too big now financially speaking, that too many factors influence a nation's economic health. A single man or a single political party's power over it is negligible at best. That's why Europe is in an awful financial crisis, and a dozen country leaders can't do anything about it.
There's too many emphasis on Economy everywhere in the world everytime there's an election. But Economy has always dictated politics, not the other way around.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

There were 5 Candidates actually Smile

Last edited by LeKid on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Too bad Trump didn't run. He would have swept the nation.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Too bad Trump didn't run. He would have swept the nation.

Like he swept his unfortunate locks.

No Tim Thomas at the white house for 4 more years! Snap210

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:
wprager wrote:

Yes, and the popular vote split was 50-50-0-0-0.

For all intents and purposes, there were two candidates. Were there any other even involved in the debates? I still have images in my brain of Ross Perrot trying to get his two cents in with his "Let me finish..."; they never did.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
LeKid wrote:
wprager wrote:

For all intents and purposes, there were two candidates. Were there any other even involved in the debates? I still have images in my brain of Ross Perrot trying to get his two cents in with his "Let me finish..."; they never did.

Admiral Stockdale was funnier.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeKid wrote:
wprager wrote:

As long as corporations are financing the vast majority of the presidential campaigns, they will continue to have splits that. You can't have much success as an upstart or small party when you're competing against hundreds of millions of dollars. The system is built for two parties.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum