GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBOFS- Boston Bruins

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Bruin's player with the biggest impact on the Franchise?

TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Vote_lcap293%TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 93% [ 13 ]
TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I agree with that, but Neely basically defined the power forward position. He is the guy all power forwards are comapred to now. Still scored 50 goals in 44 games, 2nd fastest next to Gretzky.

The guy was the best at what he did.
I think Gordie Howe was the best PF ever. And don't get me wrong, Neely was one of my favourite players, but he's not as important to the franchise as these guys were.

Park? Shore? Coffey? He was. He basically carried that team with Bourque for 8 years. You want to talk about one of the worst trades in history, look at that Neely trade.
maybe Park and Coffey, But Shore?

I dont think you realize how big of an Impact Neely had. Just go look at the retired numbers in Boston if you want a good indication of what each player ment to the Bruins.
My Father told me stories as a child of the best hockey players. He told me of Syl Apps, Howie Morez, Schmidt, Nels Stewart, Charlie Conacher, Boom Boom Geoffrion, ted Lindsay, Dickie Moore, The Rocket, and guys of the such. I always heard or Shore's toughness, desire to win, and leadership. My father taught me and my brothers to play like Shore.

32TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:06 pm

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I agree with that, but Neely basically defined the power forward position. He is the guy all power forwards are comapred to now. Still scored 50 goals in 44 games, 2nd fastest next to Gretzky.

The guy was the best at what he did.
I think Gordie Howe was the best PF ever. And don't get me wrong, Neely was one of my favourite players, but he's not as important to the franchise as these guys were.

Park? Shore? Coffey? He was. He basically carried that team with Bourque for 8 years. You want to talk about one of the worst trades in history, look at that Neely trade.
maybe Park and Coffey, But Shore?

I dont think you realize how big of an Impact Neely had. Just go look at the retired numbers in Boston if you want a good indication of what each player ment to the Bruins.
My Father told me stories as a child of the best hockey players. He told me of Syl Apps, Howie Morez, Schmidt, Nels Stewart, Charlie Conacher, Boom Boom Geoffrion, ted Lindsay, Dickie Moore, The Rocket, and guys of the such. I always heard or Shore's toughness, desire to win, and leadership. My father taught me and my brothers to play like Shore.

That's Neely is a nut shell with more skill. If the Oilers wernt the Oilers, the Bruins would have had 2 cups.

33TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:07 pm

there's no point in arguing about it, because we both voted for Orr. Even those who never got to see Orr play voted for him :D

34TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:08 pm

Tukker wrote:there's no point in arguing about it, because we both voted for Orr. Even those who never got to see Orr play voted for him :D

Orr, IMO is the greatest player to ever play the game.

35TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:11 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:there's no point in arguing about it, because we both voted for Orr. Even those who never got to see Orr play voted for him :D

No argument here, but you could make a case for Lemieux or Richard.

36TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:15 pm

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

You could, Lemieux was better then Gretzky too haha.

37TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:16 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

You could, Lemieux was better then Gretzky too haha.
Lemmie was easily better than Gretz

38TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:23 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Meh. I think Gretzky was the best.

Some people think you have to look beyond the numbers to see why he's not, but I disagree. He dominated for YEARS, and put up numbers it remains to see if they'll ever be broken. Say what you will about goaltending, say "what if" Lemieux wasn't injured so much, Gretzky is still #1 in my book. (well, after Alfie, but I'm an admitted homer :geek: )

39TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:30 pm

mattshock wrote:Meh. I think Gretzky was the best.

Some people think you have to look beyond the numbers to see why he's not, but I disagree. He dominated for YEARS, and put up numbers it remains to see if they'll ever be broken. Say what you will about goaltending, say "what if" Lemieux wasn't injured so much, Gretzky is still #1 in my book. (well, after Alfie, but I'm an admitted homer :geek: )
thats one difference between Hockey and the other sports. the others have their #1 all times. Joe Montana/Jerry Rice, Babe Ruth, Micheal Jordan, Tiger Woods, Dale Earnheart Sr,etc

40TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:34 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It's definitely a matter of debate in hockey. You could easily argue both ways.

My favourite is my buddy's argument that Brodeur sucks. I should get him to come on here and give that rant. We used to get damn near to the point of physical conflict on the topic!!

41TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 3 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:36 pm

mattshock wrote:It's definitely a matter of debate in hockey. You could easily argue both ways.

My favourite is my buddy's argument that Brodeur sucks. I should get him to come on here and give that rant. We used to get damn near to the point of physical conflict on the topic!!
well, i think MAF is the most overrated player in the league. Never impressed me once.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum