GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBOFS- Boston Bruins

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Bruin's player with the biggest impact on the Franchise?

TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Vote_lcap293%TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 93% [ 13 ]
TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:39 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Speaking of Espo, how's his kid doing in the Atlanta system? (if he's even in it)

17TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:23 pm

mattshock wrote:Speaking of Espo, how's his kid doing in the Atlanta system? (if he's even in it)
He's not related to Phil.

18TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:29 pm

How is Neely off the list when Eddie Shore is on their twice and Coffey didnt even play for them.
Orr would still be my pick, but wow, come on man.

19TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:33 pm

Neely4Life wrote:How is Neely off the list when Eddie Shore is on their twice and Coffey didnt even play for them.
Didnt realize I put shore twice Sad

also, whos this than?
TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Ind04_coffey06

20TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:37 pm

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:How is Neely off the list when Eddie Shore is on their twice and Coffey didnt even play for them.

also, whos this than?

I seriosuly didnt even remember that. How long was he there for?

lol, come on dude, 18 games...

21TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:39 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:

also, whos this than?

18 games :lol!:

I was thinking of Pittsburgh when I wrote him. and even if I took those two off, Neely still wouldnt be on. Milt Schmidt and Frank Brimsek would be on first

22TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:43 pm

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:

also, whos this than?

I was thinking of Pittsburgh when I wrote him. and even if I took those two off, Neely still wouldnt be on. Milt Schmidt and Frank Brimsek would be on first

Neely all time is 4th overall in PPG in the playoffs, 1st all time on the Bruins. Neely made a bigger impact on that team aside from Esposito, Bourque, and Orr.

23TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:

also, whos this than?

Neely all time is 4th overall in PPG in the playoffs, 1st all time on the Bruins. Neely made a bigger impact on that team aside from Esposito, Bourque, and Orr.
Do you know who Milt Schmidt and Frank Brimsek are?

24TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:

also, whos this than?

Yes, I still dont think you put that list together correctly. Neely is also in the HOF like all of those guy, but still hold records on that team.

25TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:49 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:

also, whos this than?

Yes, I still dont think you put that list together correctly. Neely is also in the HOF like all of those guy, but still hold records on that team.
honestly though, I could of put Maggie the Monkey on that list, and still no one could claim the results were off, I really only need one name on the list.

26TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:51 pm

I agree with that, but Neely basically defined the power forward position. He is the guy all power forwards are comapred to now. Still scored 50 goals in 44 games, 2nd fastest next to Gretzky.

The guy was the best at what he did.

27TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Neely4Life wrote:I agree with that, but Neely basically defined the power forward position. He is the guy all power forwards are comapred to now. Still scored 50 goals in 44 games, 2nd fastest next to Gretzky.

I think Gordie Howe was the best PF ever. And don't get me wrong, Neely was one of my favourite players, but he's not as important to the franchise as these guys were.

28TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I agree with that, but Neely basically defined the power forward position. He is the guy all power forwards are comapred to now. Still scored 50 goals in 44 games, 2nd fastest next to Gretzky.

I think Gordie Howe was the best PF ever. And don't get me wrong, Neely was one of my favourite players, but he's not as important to the franchise as these guys were.

Park? Shore? Coffey? He was. He basically carried that team with Bourque for 8 years. You want to talk about one of the worst trades in history, look at that Neely trade.

29TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:58 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:

Park? Shore? Coffey? He was. He basically carried that team with Bourque for 8 years. You want to talk about one of the worst trades in history, look at that Neely trade.
maybe Park and Coffey, But Shore?

30TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:

I dont think you realize how big of an Impact Neely had. Just go look at the retired numbers in Boston if you want a good indication of what each player ment to the Bruins.

31TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:

I dont think you realize how big of an Impact Neely had. Just go look at the retired numbers in Boston if you want a good indication of what each player ment to the Bruins.
My Father told me stories as a child of the best hockey players. He told me of Syl Apps, Howie Morez, Schmidt, Nels Stewart, Charlie Conacher, Boom Boom Geoffrion, ted Lindsay, Dickie Moore, The Rocket, and guys of the such. I always heard or Shore's toughness, desire to win, and leadership. My father taught me and my brothers to play like Shore.

32TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:06 pm

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Tukker wrote:

My Father told me stories as a child of the best hockey players. He told me of Syl Apps, Howie Morez, Schmidt, Nels Stewart, Charlie Conacher, Boom Boom Geoffrion, ted Lindsay, Dickie Moore, The Rocket, and guys of the such. I always heard or Shore's toughness, desire to win, and leadership. My father taught me and my brothers to play like Shore.

That's Neely is a nut shell with more skill. If the Oilers wernt the Oilers, the Bruins would have had 2 cups.

33TBOFS- Boston Bruins - Page 2 Empty Re: TBOFS- Boston Bruins Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:07 pm

there's no point in arguing about it, because we both voted for Orr. Even those who never got to see Orr play voted for him :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum