GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boston Bruins Cap crunch coming?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boston Bruins Cap crunch coming? Empty Boston Bruins Cap crunch coming? Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:47 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's pretty obvious, at least to me, that the quick and easy choice would be to waive Ryder. Is there really a risk that some team would pick him up? Would they be disappointed if a team actually did?

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=340758

- Unknown Author

2Boston Bruins Cap crunch coming? Empty Re: Boston Bruins Cap crunch coming? Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:55 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'd say Ryder or Wheeler will go.

Probably Ryder as he has more of a cap hit so they'd shed more money.

He might be claimed he doesn't seem to be doing so bad this year. Might even be Toronto as Burke just might be desperate enough(I can't see Jurke trading for any top-6 forward, they don't have any tradeable assets).

Last edited by Hoags on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

3Boston Bruins Cap crunch coming? Empty Re: Boston Bruins Cap crunch coming? Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just Wheeler will do it I think, they're carrying 26 players, Caron, Whitfield and someone else (can't remember) = 2.5, brings them down to 59, so they need to clear 3 ish million.

Actually, yeah, Ryder's perfect.

4Boston Bruins Cap crunch coming? Empty Re: Boston Bruins Cap crunch coming? Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:25 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's pretty obvious, at least to me, that the quick and easy choice would be to waive Ryder. Is there really a risk that some team would pick him up? Would they be disappointed if a team actually did?

How does Dreger manage to write a blog about the Boston Bruins' cap problems that talks about the Leafs more than it does the Bruins?

5Boston Bruins Cap crunch coming? Empty Re: Boston Bruins Cap crunch coming? Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:30 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's pretty obvious, at least to me, that the quick and easy choice would be to waive Ryder. Is there really a risk that some team would pick him up? Would they be disappointed if a team actually did?

How does Dreger manage to write a blog about the Boston Bruins' cap problems that talks about the Leafs more than it does the Bruins?

Yeah Chiarelli is really going to deal and help out a team that may be giving him another lottery pick this year ...... Facepalm

I like Dreger but sometimes I wonder if he works for TSN or MLSE.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum