GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who would you pick first overall in 2009?

+7
SensGirl11
towelie112
Riprock
smash88
mattshock
PTFlea
Acrobat
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Who would you pick first overall in 2009?

Who would you pick first overall in 2009? - Page 3 Vote_lcap223%Who would you pick first overall in 2009? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 5 ]
Who would you pick first overall in 2009? - Page 3 Vote_lcap273%Who would you pick first overall in 2009? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 73% [ 16 ]
Who would you pick first overall in 2009? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Who would you pick first overall in 2009? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who would you pick first overall in 2009? - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%Who would you pick first overall in 2009? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
Who would you pick first overall in 2009? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Who would you pick first overall in 2009? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

That's what I'm thinking. Tavares almost has "risk-reward" written all over him, but Hedman just have to lace 'em up and move around a bit to be effective.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I've heard Paajarvi is a Finnish Crosby...or something to that effect.

PKC wrote:I've heard Paajarvi is a Finnish Crosby...or something to that effect.

I thought he was a Swede? A mutt perhaps?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I've heard Paajarvi is a Finnish Crosby...or something to that effect.

No, he's a Swede. Although Paajarvi is a Finnish name from his grandfather.

If you want to talk good Finnish players, you might be thinking of Teemu Pulkkinen, who right now looks IMO like the #2 behind Kabanov in the '10 draft.

Toni Rajala is another great Finn player, but I can't remember if he's going in '09 or '10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYVC1pJyCxU&feature=related

Michael Granlund could be a good player as well.

EDIT: I recall that Pulkkinen not too long ago posted a 10 point game. affraid

2nd EDIT: Holy smokes, I forgot that guys like Harma and Kolppanen are also potential '10ers. What a great draft for Finland.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Holy crap!
How does one get 10 points in a game? Most players don't get that many shots; some barely touch the puck that many times.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Acrobat wrote:Holy crap!
How does one get 10 points in a game? Most players don't get that many shots; some barely touch the puck that many times.

Gerber doesn't touch the puck that many times in a game... 🇳🇴

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

God I wish he would, though - a few times in the trapper, a few with the blocker. Maybe the pads, the helmet even...

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

The only time he touches the puck is sweeping it out of his net.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Sad, but true.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

He could be replaced by a fan at the back of the net you turn on to blow the puck out.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Wow. That's harsh.
And accurate.
Sad.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:Holy crap!

He's in way too low a level league. It's not even remotely fair. Circa Mario Lemieux in the Q. Although the Q is a higher level league (I don't think Pulkkinen will be Lemieux).

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I don't care if he's playing in the Timbits league, 10 points is impressive!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum