GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who would you pick first overall in 2009?

+7
SensGirl11
towelie112
Riprock
smash88
mattshock
PTFlea
Acrobat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Who would you pick first overall in 2009?

Who would you pick first overall in 2009? Vote_lcap223%Who would you pick first overall in 2009? Vote_rcap2 23% [ 5 ]
Who would you pick first overall in 2009? Vote_lcap273%Who would you pick first overall in 2009? Vote_rcap2 73% [ 16 ]
Who would you pick first overall in 2009? Vote_lcap20%Who would you pick first overall in 2009? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Who would you pick first overall in 2009? Vote_lcap24%Who would you pick first overall in 2009? Vote_rcap2 4% [ 1 ]
Who would you pick first overall in 2009? Vote_lcap20%Who would you pick first overall in 2009? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Hedman, no contest

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

It pains me to think that we may even have a shot at this if we don't straighten thing up...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If I'm TO, I trade the first overall if I get it for an impact player and the rights to the 3rd overall (so it's significant to the team that gets the 3rd overall).

I would insist on a blue chip prospect + + + to go along with the 3rd overall - where I would select Luke's brother.

Any other scenario and I take the European Pronger without a doubt.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I forgot to point out that I picked Hedman - d'oh!

Hedman no question 1st. Then Schenn possibly. Or that Swede with the half dozen hyphenated names. Tavares just reeks of Daigle to me for some reason.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Hedman. But I still can't get over how far Tavares' stock has fallen. There's potential for him falling out of the top-3 now!!?? Some team might get this guy and he could turn into a steal (or a Daigle).

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:Hedman. But I still can't get over how far Tavares' stock has fallen. There's potential for him falling out of the top-3 now!!?? Some team might get this guy and he could turn into a steal (or a Daigle).

I'm telling you I saw him versus the Ottawa 67's last year in the playoffs, and he really was nothing speacial at all... I think he may of had an assist, but the Ottawa team really shut him down... I'm sure he'll be a fine NHLer but nowhere near the "superstar" status they are labeling him with...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

From what I have heard the OHL commentators say to me personally, it's Tavares, no question.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I haven't seen enough of any of these guys to make an informed opinion of my own. I just go on what I hear and read around the net. I've never seen any of those guys live.

towelie112

towelie112
Rookie
Rookie

I'm going with Hedman, i have a feeling Tavares is a little over-rated!

towelie112 wrote:I'm going with Hedman, i have a feeling Tavares is a little over-rated!
more than just a little. that's like calling Tom Brady a "little" overrated

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't know much about any of these guys, but from what I've heard, I'd totally go with Hedman, no doubt. This guy could be the next coming of a Pronger/Chara/Phaneuf type of D. Maybe with a little splash of Lidstrom? Could you imagine Tavares was the next Daigle? I would have to laugh at the team that picked him up. They may want to study this guy and study him hard.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I don't know much about any of these guys, but from what I've heard, I'd totally go with Hedman, no doubt. This guy could be the next coming of a Pronger/Chara/Phaneuf type of D. Maybe with a little splash of Lidstrom? Could you imagine Tavares was the next Daigle? I would have to laugh at the team that picked him up. They may want to study this guy and study him hard.

Me too, but good lord is there enough pressure on Hedman already? Lidstrom, Pronger, Chara a mix...better be good sonny.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I think the other thing to consider is that from Ottawa's perspective, we are doing fine with first line centres (sort of). Even second/third line centres are workable. But our D has nothing offensive, and really, beyond our shut-down pairing, we are quite thin.

This alone makes Hedman the favourite, by a mile.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hedman, but I really, really, really like MSP's game. There are a few highlights of him on youtube but they don't fully do him justice.

This kid is going to be an absolute stud.

EDIT: Here's a demonstration. Tell me he doesn't look like Forsberg setting up Sakic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAjHgdje_8c

Here are some other nice highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxBQGZ3uYbY&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUFYCZUIJx0&feature=related

Last edited by asq2 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum