GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+3
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 29]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hearing there will be a contract extension signed by huberdeau. 8x10.5.
I have a feeling this deal will end poorly. The flames trying to remain competitive. Not much in the system coming up. This team is down trending. This is just prolonging the inevitable.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Hearing there will be a contract extension signed by huberdeau. 8x10.5.
I have a feeling this deal will end poorly. The flames trying to remain competitive. Not much in the system coming up. This team is down trending. This is just prolonging the inevitable.

Yeah this was an awful signing. Contract is mainly all signing bonuses too. He will be 38 when the contract is over. Definitely a panic signing - you at least want to see him play a few games before dishing out this kind of money.

They need a 1C in the worst way possible. Like you said, they have practically nothing in the system. There are going to be a lot of 'wildcard' years for Calgary.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Hearing there will be a contract extension signed by huberdeau. 8x10.5.

Yeah this was an awful signing. Contract is mainly all signing bonuses too. He will be 38 when the contract is over. Definitely a panic signing - you at least want to see him play a few games before dishing out this kind of money.

They need a 1C in the worst way possible. Like you said, they have practically nothing in the system. There are going to be a lot of 'wildcard' years for Calgary.
I think Lindholm is capable of being a 1C
Backlund is more of a 3C and god knows what the hell is going on with monahan. he’s lost his mojo in a big way. Definitely needs a fresh start.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I was under the impression that Monahan was going to sit on the IR for most of the season. Not sure where I picked that up though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I was under the impression that Monahan was going to sit on the IR for most of the season. Not sure where I picked that up though.

Maybe he is, I don’t know. But he is far from what he had shown a few years ago.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bergeron back -- $2.5M base and $2.5M in bonuses.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Krejci too

And Crouse extended 5 x $4M

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Krejci too

And Crouse extended 5 x $4M

Great deals but with Marchand, McAvoy, Reilly and Grzelcyk missing time at the start of the season the Bruins are unlikely to be in a playoff spot when their roster is back to full health. And with a new head coach to boot.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

Backlund is more of a 3C and god knows what the hell is going on with monahan. he’s lost his mojo in a big way. Definitely needs a fresh start.

I think Monahan has been written off and if they can dump him they will. Sad really because he's been hit with lots of injuries and is just a shell of his former self. I have no expectation of him at all.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think Monahan has been written off and if they can dump him they will.  Sad really because he's been hit with lots of injuries and is just a shell of his former self.  I have no expectation of him at all.

What do you think about what’s going on in Calgary? I’ve been hearing some people say he’s winning the off season. But by my count he’s replaced Tkachuk and Gaudreau with Huberdeau and weegar. Seems like those are sideways moves at best.
Are fans hopeful? I feel like they’d still need to get a proper 2C for them to be looking up. Which is gonna be hard.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think Monahan has been written off and if they can dump him they will.  Sad really because he's been hit with lots of injuries and is just a shell of his former self.  I have no expectation of him at all.

What do you think about what’s going on in Calgary? I’ve been hearing some people say he’s winning the off season. But by my count he’s replaced Tkachuk and Gaudreau with Huberdeau and weegar. Seems like those are sideways moves at best.
Are fans hopeful? I feel like they’d still need to get a proper 2C for them to be looking up. Which is gonna be hard.

It’s really the best they can do for two players who weren’t re-signing. At least tkachuk gave them notice. I don’t think they’re much worse next year now. Their D is better. Kadri could still end up there.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

It’s really the best they can do for two players who weren’t re-signing. At least tkachuk gave them notice. I don’t think they’re much worse next year now. Their D is better. Kadri could still end up there.
Apparently there was a time tha Gaudreau would have resigned. So it wasn’t handled in the best of ways. I think Tkachuk was always gonna walk. That couldn’t be handled differently.
Kadri would go a long way to making them better. But I think that’s quite a long shot. I would put colorado and NYI ahead of Calgary. But if I was Calgary I’d offer Kadri a nice long contrat that those two marketplace might not be able to match.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Buyer beware on Kadri. He wants money and term and he's 32.

I think Calgary took a step back. They did well from the perspective that they managed to recoup some of their losses but they're not a good team. Huberdeau won't replace the offense of Gaudreau and Tkachuk and there's only so much Weegar can do to improve an already deep blueline.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Buyer beware on Kadri. He wants money and term and he's 32.

I think Calgary took a step back. They did well from the perspective that they managed to recoup some of their losses but they're not a good team. Huberdeau won't replace the offense of Gaudreau and Tkachuk and there's only so much Weegar can do to improve an already deep blueline.
They could move that first they got in the trade and a blue liner for some help up front.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Buyer beware on Kadri. He wants money and term and he's 32.

They could move that first they got in the trade and a blue liner for some help up front.

I'm hoping Kadri goes to NYI and by some miracle Dobson becomes available. Unlikely and not the player they need to move to create cap space but man would that be a great add for the Sens.

Edit: Sounds like Dobson has been signed

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Islanders are a joke in the way they operate and they have no future contending.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:The Islanders are a joke in the way they operate and they have no future contending.
I agree. That's why I was clinging onto a sliver of hope that Dobson would be available

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Calgary has about $9M (assuming they get LTIR relief for Monahan's $6.375M). While that should be enough to sign Kadri, that's a lot of 30-somethings in your top six a year from now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum