GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:No pinto, Norris or Chabot.

Well, this should be fun 🙄

Or Holden, or Zub. Top two centers, top pair D, arguably our 3rd best D as well.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Or Holden, or Zub.  Top two centers, top pair D, arguably our 3rd best D as well.

And their best forward

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Or Holden, or Zub.  Top two centers, top pair D, arguably our 3rd best D as well.

And their best forward

Yeah, don't rub it in. Dammit!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You know the longer this drags on with Brady, the longer I hope the sens hold their ground on a 7-8 deal.

Any other way I don’t get the impression he’ll stay past the next 4 years. He’ll do everything to get himself to UFA as soon as he can.
The sens can force him to sit the whole season out if he won’t sign and the truth of it all is we’re not going to make the playoffs or any serious run so yeah, sit out if you want to. We’re gonna need Brady further down the road when we’re really ready to compete.

Anything less than 6 years is a failure.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:You know the longer this drags on with Brady, the longer I hope the sens hold their ground on a 7-8 deal.

Any other way I don’t get the impression he’ll stay past the next 4 years. He’ll do everything to get himself to UFA as soon as he can.
The sens can force him to sit the whole season out if he won’t sign and the truth of it all is we’re not going to make the playoffs or any serious run so yeah, sit out if you want to. We’re gonna need Brady further down the road when we’re really ready to compete.

Talk about hyperbole

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:You know the longer this drags on with Brady, the longer I hope the sens hold their ground on a 7-8 deal.

Talk about hyperbole

My opinion. Of course if we don’t share yours then we’re completely out to lunch.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Talk about hyperbole

My opinion. Of course if we don’t share yours then we’re completely out to lunch.

it's hyperbole to say anything less than 6 years is a failure. That's not a matter of opinion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Forsberg will start with Gus as the backup. Murray still not 100%.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Interesting to hear from Friedman that Tkachuk didn’t want to be drafted by Ottawa originally.
Another reason to make sure he signs a long term deal. Because if we can’t lock him up long term then he’s just gonna ride himself out to FA.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Talk about hyperbole

it's hyperbole to say anything less than 6 years is a failure. That's not a matter of opinion.

It is if you want to build your franchise around him and what he really wants is to walk out of here first chance he’s got.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Talk about hyperbole

It is if you want to build your franchise around him and what he really wants is to walk out of here first chance he’s got.

So that would be his choice. If he only wants a bridge, then sign him to a bridge. They have clearly offered a good deal long term. IMO 5 years would still be the best for both parties to bridge the gap. if you sign him to a 3 year bridge, the absolute worst case would be dealing him in the summer of 2023.

Better players have signed 3 year contracts.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens nearing a 7 year deal with Tkachuk.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

oh Dung Brady signed for 7 years!!!

Finally!!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sens nearing a 7 year deal with Tkachuk.

i'm guessing they might have given him a full no-trade in the UFA years or something. That was probably the play from his camp leaking stuff to the STl reporter and such

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I keep hearing (nothing official yet) 7 x $7.7.  That would blow the 8x8 rumour up, and I thought it was all but confirmed that this was leaked by the team.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I keep hearing (nothing official yet) 7 x $7.7.  That would blow the 8x8 rumour up, and I thought it was all but confirmed that this was leaked by the team.

the deal is 7 years $8.214 million. Bit of an overpay but absolutely necessary. This is a great day.

Tkachuk is just scratching the surface of his potential

Last edited by Ev on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

$57.5M total, so $8.214M AAV.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:I keep hearing (nothing official yet) 7 x $7.7.  That would blow the 8x8 rumour up, and I thought it was all but confirmed that this was leaked by the team.

the deal is 7 years $8.214 million. Bit of an overpay but absolutely necessary. This is a great day.

Tkachuk is just scratching the surface of his potential

Less of an overpay than I predicted ($8.4). Too bad he won't be ready to play. But he made sure he won't miss any salary.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum