GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I keep hearing (nothing official yet) 7 x $7.7.  That would blow the 8x8 rumour up, and I thought it was all but confirmed that this was leaked by the team.

the deal is 7 years $8.214 million. Bit of an overpay but absolutely necessary. This is a great day.

Tkachuk is just scratching the surface of his potential

Last edited by Ev on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

$57.5M total, so $8.214M AAV.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:I keep hearing (nothing official yet) 7 x $7.7.  That would blow the 8x8 rumour up, and I thought it was all but confirmed that this was leaked by the team.

the deal is 7 years $8.214 million. Bit of an overpay but absolutely necessary. This is a great day.

Less of an overpay than I predicted ($8.4). Too bad he won't be ready to play. But he made sure he won't miss any salary.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Less of an overpay than I predicted ($8.4).  Too bad he won't be ready to play.  But he made sure he won't miss any salary.

And as expected signing bonuses ($0) were not actually an issue.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fantastic! I have zero issues with the amount over 8 mill.
This gives us a nice and wide open window to win the cup.

This is a great day for the senators. Glad the sens management held to their guns and got us a long term deal. This is a wins for pierre Dorion if you ask me.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Less of an overpay than I predicted ($8.4).  Too bad he won't be ready to play.  But he made sure he won't miss any salary.

And as expected signing bonuses ($0) were not actually an issue.

We don’t know that. Brady might have caved.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Fantastic! I have zero issues with the amount over 8 mill.

This is a great day for the senators. Glad the sens management held to their guns and got us a long term deal. This is a wins for pierre Dorion if you ask me.

Just goes to show that we really shouldn't believe what's reported...clearly it wasn't "bridge or nothing".

Regardless, happy it's done. I've been waiting to get a Tkachuk jersey. Slap the C on him tomorrow.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Fantastic! I have zero issues with the amount over 8 mill.

Just goes to show that we really shouldn't believe what's reported...clearly it wasn't "bridge or nothing".

Regardless, happy it's done. I've been waiting to get a Tkachuk jersey. Slap the C on him tomorrow.

Well there's definitely negotiation that go back and forth. I have a feeling the sens got more on their demands.

its a bit risky to have Chabot's deal at the same time as Tkachuk but with the amount of young guys we have it will happen. they did it with spezza and heatley IRRC.

I will also be getting a Tkachuk Jersey over the holidays. I'll be getting one also around the holidays, getting to wear it in bars around Montreal on game days is something that will be so delicious. Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well if a bridge is what Tkachuk was pushing for then an even bigger win for Dorion.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Great deal, nice to have him locked up for 7 years. Now let's see if he got a NMC also.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let’s trade for Matthew

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Let’s trade for Matthew

What do you package?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brown, Greg/jarventie/sokolov/thomson, 1st rounder and maybe something else?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well that was a fun game.
Forsberg had a strong game.
Holden had a great game. Can’t see how he comes out if he continues to play this way.
At this rate we’re also going to have a pretty good second line with stützle, and pinto. Very creative and fast paced.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hobiesens wrote:Great deal, nice to have him locked up for 7 years. Now let's see if he got a NMC also.

He got his NMC for the last three years (the years he's eligible to have one). Didn't see it mentioned as a partial (with a white or black list of teams), so doesn't that sound like he *wants* to stay more than he wants control over where he wants to go?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Well that was a fun game.
Forsberg had a strong game.
Holden had a great game. Can’t see how he comes out if he continues to play this way.
At this rate we’re also going to have a pretty good second line with stützle, and pinto. Very creative and fast paced.

Too bad Brannstrom was sent down but Melnyk has to save his pennies; but at least MDZ sat which is the correct thing to do.

By the way, Sanford had a decent game as well. Good trade for a 4th, so far.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

48 shots on goal, though, was not how they drew it up. Brown and Tierney (I think -- I was driving during the game) with bad penalties, and too many penalties overall. Hopefully they play a more boring road game, next. Brady in against Dallas?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MDZ should fill in for Mete

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum