GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, LTIR would be the perfect solution for Murray, but I don't see him basically giving up on his career when he's only 27 years old.  Who knows....maybe he comes in healthy for training camp and steals the show and then stays healthy....but I doubt it.

Another option could be trading him + another asset + retaining a bunch of his salary.  Pay a team to take him.

Ya I mean maybe someone is willing to pick him up at 50% his salary. Problem is there are a ton of other goalies out there making $3.5-4M that are better. I just don't see it happening...

And with respect to a buyout, Colin White at 1/3 makes so much more sense unless they can trade him. If they can move White without retaining salary or taking a bad contract back then maybe they can justify buying out Murray. I just don't know what Montreal possibly has to offer Ottawa unless it includes Weber's cap hit + something else? If that's the case then I'd want a good asset coming back.

I told you, it’s white plus assets (likely a 2nd rounder and maybe prospect) for Petry.

Those comments from Dorion telling everyone to wait till the off-season before commenting on the acquisition of Hamonic was all too telling that he was planning on acquiring another top 4 Dman.

Then you have the leak that white was part of a deal being worked out with Hughes in Montreal.

Dominos….

I just wonder what happens with zaitsev

Ummm... have you looked at Petry's contract?

- He turns 35 in December. He will be 37 at the end of his contract. (Doesn't fit the rebuild mold)
- He has a $3M signing bonus this year, next year and $2M the year after (We don't do bonuses)
- He has a cap hit of $6.25M over the next three years (Why are we taking on a huge cap?)
- His total salary is $7.5M next year, $7.5M the year after, and $5M the year after that ($20M over the next three seasons)
- He has a M-NTC and a NMC (probably won't waive for Ottawa - it's a 15 team no trade list)

Some other points:
- He's -10 and is having his worst statistical season since 2015/16 when he played 6 fewer games
- White is a 1/3 buyout that in total costs $5.25M over 8 seasons ($875K per)
- We are already going to have issues moving Murray and Zaitsev - why make things worse by adding Petry?
- Why help the Habs out of their cap mess and give up a second doing so?

Sorry - Petry makes zero sense. I'm confident the deal was for Weber's cap hit + a sweetener coming back. We're not giving up a 1/3 buyout and a 2nd for Petry. Makes zero sense.

Edit: I'm re-reading your post and it's White, a 2nd, and a prospect. There's just no way

I never said he’d be my pick. But it’s more bout what we know about Dorion and what he might do.

I don’t think he’d be horrible tho. He’d be an alright guy to have on board to show the way to lassi and JBD.

There’s definitely better guys availability on the trade market but knowing Dorion is likely trying to unload white, and previously reported discussions with Hughes on a trade., I think this is the move that happens.

And yes, you need to add to get Petry AND get rid of white.
That’s the 2nd rounder and possibly a midnight prospect. Maybe montreal retains salary.
There was discussions about Minnesota taking on webers contract and that being beneficial for them.
Why would they pay us to tke it on when minisota might pay for it?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I see no way they trade for Petry

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Was checking the B-Sens standings and noticed that the top yeah I've the Atlantic hasn't clinched a playoff spot but the second place team has. What a crazy season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ugly loss last night.  At least we got a good taste of next year's 4th line (Kelly-Kastelic-Watson). Not going to win very many games with Tierney, Gaudette and Gambrell on your 4th line.

-------

https://gmcentralhockey.forumotion.net/viewtopic.php?t=6706

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum