GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

To be quite honest, I'm surprised there's not more players refusing to get vaccinated. With only 7 teams in Canada, their salaries being what they are, and the percentage of (sorry to bring politics into this) right-leaning players I would have expected a lot more push back from US-based players.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MacKenzie Blackwood apparently not getting vaccinated, so the Devils starting goalie can't play in Canada.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Price entering the Player Assistance Program. Could be nothing. But it's rarely nothing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Price entering the Player Assistance Program.  Could be nothing.  But it's rarely nothing.

Not entirely surprising I suppose. There's a guy that never seemed comfortable in the spotlight or in a big city. Hope he gets the help he needs and comes back strong.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm happy to see players more actively volunteering to opt into programs like this. Good for him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That’s barkov deal is all bonuses. It’s crazy. Didn’t someone say bonuses were gonna be a thing of the past?
I think Florida as a market is a much better comparable than a big market team for Ottawa.

Although no way is this deal a comparable to Brady.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was listening to Lebrun’s comments on the bark over deal. You could change the name to Brady and that’s exactly what we should want to be hearing for Ottawa. (Ok not the 10 mill)but what this means for the GM and franchise

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:That’s barkov deal is all bonuses. It’s crazy.  Didn’t someone say bonuses were gonna be a thing of the past?
I think Florida as a market is a much better comparable than a big market team for Ottawa.

Although no way is this deal a comparable to Brady.

Barkov was a pending UFA and there are many cases where they have received many bonuses. For RFAs the current trend is little or no bonuses.

But yeah this isn’t really a comparable for tkachuk.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Logan Brown on waivers

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shocker.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So there goes that 4rth rounder

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sign Brady to the Zib deal and be done with this. He will never outproduce Zib offensively

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sign Brady to the Zib deal and be done with this. He will never outproduce Zib offensively

Well it was never really about overproduction over someone but with the extra intangible.

I have to admit that if cash over 8x8 is the issue with Brady then he and his representatives are a bit out to lunch.

That said I’m not even sure Brady wants an 8 year deal. There’s a fair chance his goal has always been a bridge and the only way he might have signed a long term deal it’s with a massive overpayment.

I continue to think that he wants to hit FA as soon as he can.
If he gets a 3 year bridge he’ll go to arb after that and he’s gone the following year.

IMO this is a testament to how ownership has managed this club for the past 10 years.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guess the Rangers have given up on Eichel. He's likely not playing this season so why would anyone want to trade for him now. The only way out for them is to let him have his disc replacement surgery and then trade him in the off-season.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sign Brady to the Zib deal and be done with this. He will never outproduce Zib offensively

Then why would we give him that contract? 8M is already enough an of an overpayment. If they don’t take that, they just want a bridge for now

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Well it was never really about overproduction over someone but with the extra intangible.

I have to admit that if cash over 8x8 is the issue with Brady then he and his representatives are a bit out to lunch.

That said I’m not even sure Brady wants an 8 year deal. There’s a fair chance his goal has always been a bridge and the only way he might have signed a long term deal it’s with a massive overpayment.

I continue to think that he wants to hit FA as soon as he can.
If he gets a 3 year bridge he’ll go to arb after that and he’s gone the following year.

IMO this is a testament to how ownership has managed this club for the past 10 years.

You’re not going to get every player to extend for the long haul. Chabot and Batherson have done it, so there’s proof that not everyone is of the mindset of “not believing” in the direction/future

Brady getting a bridge will always be about control and money. If Zibanejad signed for 8 years back in the day, he wouldn’t be making nearly the same money as he will right now. That’s what Brady will be aiming for IMO. Sens should give him 5 years if they will take it

I don’t buy the fear over leaving in four years if he signs a three year bridge. Most players extend, and worst case you trade him after the third year for a bit package if he won’t sign long term. Not every young player gets a full term contract after their ELC

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I dunno. If you have the organization wanting to sign you long term and overpaying you relative to your peers and you don't take it, the organization should be looking st trading him while the team has control.

He's good and a guy you want to build around but he's replaceable. I'd much rather build around someone who wants to be here and has skill. Not saying I don't want the Sens to sign him but if he doesn't want to be here then move him. Nows the time where you can get max return.

If he wants to play in St Louis give me Kyrou, Parayko, and Bolduc and call it a day

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

So what should Brady's contract numbers look like if you compare the Zib contract and the newly signed Suzuki?

Suzuki, 22, had 15 goals and 41 points in 56 games during the regular season in 2020-21.
Suzuki agrees to eight-year, $63 million

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum