GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yep, they could both wind up in St. Louis eventually, but there's not much we can do about that for now.  I fully expect it to be a bridge contract with Brady as well, with him trying to get to UFA as quickly as possible.

You're probably right but I can see Ottawa locking him up long-term. The Sens have a really good core and are a few players and a few years of development, maturity, and experience away from being something special. Their progression was pretty phenomenal come the end of last year, and we have Pinto, Greig, Sanderson, JBD and a few others about to really push down the door. I suspect Ottawa will add a legit top-six forward this off-season which could be all the difference this year - well that and consistent goaltending.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I might be in the minority but I would steer clear of Matthew Tkachuk. Firs, having Brady as the Captain with his older brother on the roster could lead to some sibling rivalry carp that we simply don't need. Second, regardless of how his may have been right, the way he handles the situation in Calgary was less than ideal. Brady is the better Tkachuk, IMO, and bringing in Matthew could knock Brady from the current path he's on.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man that’s some Cussed up Dung going on in Chicago. If I was ownership I’d start cleaning that office. It’s intolerable the level of cover up that went on. All this to likely protect the reputation. This kind of stuff always gets out. Especially after that agent Frost got nailed.

You’d think they’d do the right thing.

I was wondering if any of this was linked to why Toews didn’t play this year but I guess the players involved aren’t on the team anymore. I wonder who they are.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Man that’s some Cussed up Dung going on in Chicago. If I was ownership I’d start cleaning that office. It’s intolerable the level of cover up that went on. All this to likely protect the reputation. This kind of stuff always gets out. Especially after that agent Frost got nailed.

I was wondering if any of this was linked to why Toews didn’t play this year but I guess the players involved aren’t on the team anymore. I wonder who they are.

There was also the case of Akim Aliu. Seems like Ottawa's issues are pretty insignificant compared to what's going on here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Man that’s some Cussed up Dung going on in Chicago. If I was ownership I’d start cleaning that office. It’s intolerable the level of cover up that went on. All this to likely protect the reputation. This kind of stuff always gets out. Especially after that agent Frost got nailed.

There was also the case of Akim Aliu. Seems like Ottawa's issues are pretty insignificant compared to what's going on here.

Oh, I don't know. How much of what's going on do we really hear? You think Randy Lee's Buffalo assault was his first time or the first time he was caught/accused?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep it's all very gross. And the NHL remains totally silent on it...typical.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Oh, I don't know.  How much of what's going on do we really hear?  You think Randy Lee's Buffalo assault was his first time or the first time he was caught/accused?  

Yeah who knows what Randy Lee had been up to. But at least the organization was smart enough (for once) to cut ties with the guy. Chicago got rid of the coach but the head office covered everything up and is part responsible for the lack of accountability and action taken. They should all be fired.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

Oh, I don't know.  How much of what's going on do we really hear?  You think Randy Lee's Buffalo assault was his first time or the first time he was caught/accused?  

Yeah who knows what Randy Lee had been up to. But at least the organization was smart enough (for once) to cut ties with the guy. Chicago got rid of the coach but the head office covered everything up and is part responsible for the lack of accountability and action taken. They should all be fired.

First thing they did was hire a lawyer for him. OK, maybe second, but still.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah pretty gross stuff going on behind the scenes. No repercussions from the NHL obviously. What can they do? Take a pick away? The only thing that does is hurt the fans

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yeah pretty gross stuff going on behind the scenes. No repercussions from the NHL obviously. What can they do? Take a pick away? The only thing that does is hurt the fans

They could have said they are investigating or something. Apparently this guy was quietly let go, and ended up working at a school, where he continued in his ways. And he got a recommendation letter from the Hawks. Whoever wrote/signed that letter needs to be fired. They can fine the club a hefty sum -- that will hurt the owner (not fans) and he can then take it out on the guilty any way he sees fit.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yeah pretty gross stuff going on behind the scenes. No repercussions from the NHL obviously. What can they do? Take a pick away? The only thing that does is hurt the fans

yes and no. there needs to be accountability for real decisions. obviously, the league will wait till there is a legal decision on the case. but absolutely there should be a league-imposed penalty. you want to discourage this kind of behaviour from clubs. it may hurt the fans, depending on the decision. it could be a fine to pay. I don't know. but this situation is unacceptable.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

They could have said they are investigating or something.  Apparently this guy was quietly let go, and ended up working at a school, where he continued in his ways.  And he got a recommendation letter from the Hawks.  Whoever wrote/signed that letter needs to be fired.  They can fine the club a hefty sum -- that will hurt the owner (not fans) and he can then take it out on the guilty any way he sees fit.

absolutely.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

pretty good cap number on RNH. might have gotten a better but shorter deal on the open market. but hey, he gets to play in Edmonton with Connor Mcdavid and get swept in the playoff in the first round:***:

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Jonathan Dahlen resigned with the Sharks. Was that really him signing or them qualifying his rights?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Probably qualifying his rights. He'd actually be an interesting option for Seattle if they had faith that his skills are NHL calibre. San Jose doesn't really have anything beyond their 10 players worth taking with the exception of Simek who may be protected if they decide to gamble and not protect Burns. Not sure who is crazy enough to take a 36 year old who has 4 more years at $8M per on his deal.

I'm often wondering about what credentials some of these GMs have. What an awful contract.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dahlin signed a deal. Qualifying rights is not signing a deal

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Great trade for both Nashville and LA. Arvidson would have been taken in the expansion draft. Not a bad term remaining either for LA

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Great trade for both Nashville and LA. Arvidson would have been taken in the expansion draft. Not a bad term remaining either for LA

Well, it’s a great trade for LA if he bounces back. Which I believe he will. Bad time for Nashville to trade him as his value is low right now. Unless they don’t think he can regain his form than they did great.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum