GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020!

+4
wprager
tim1_2
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 21]

16TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:59 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

After Kreider, is Pageau the most sought after player on the trade block? With Panarin putting up the numbers he's been putting up, I am not sure NYR trades Kreider.

17TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:19 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I am shocked there haven't been any trades during the 'bye week' thus far.

18TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:19 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Not every team is on a bye week. Most just have a 4 day break for the ASG. I expect trades to pick up after the ASG.

19TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Norris is going to the AHL All Star Game!

20TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:23 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Not every team is on a bye week. Most just have a 4 day break for the ASG. I expect trades to pick up after the ASG.

At this point every game counts. Arizona was ahead of the curve and the Hall trade has paid dividends. I am surprised most teams don't get ahead of the curve and add earlier in the year.

21TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:25 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Some trade rumour rumblings:

https://www.tsn.ca/countdown-to-tradecentre-boston-bruins-eyeing-new-york-rangers-f-chris-kreider-1.1430641

22TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

sportsnet and thefourthperiod are upping their coverage and analysis too

23TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Not every team is on a bye week. Most just have a 4 day break for the ASG. I expect trades to pick up after the ASG.

At this point every game counts. Arizona was ahead of the curve and the Hall trade has paid dividends. I am surprised most teams don't get ahead of the curve and add earlier in the year.

Because there aren't as many sellers and the asking prices are higher.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

24TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:25 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Because there aren't as many sellers and the asking prices are higher.

No doubt prices are high, but there's going to be a bunch of teams that just miss out on the playoffs that will likely regret not having made a trade or two that could've saved their season.

25TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's the same every year. At first the teams aren't willing to trade because they are not yet sellers. But everyone is for sale so the asking price - if anyone bothers asking - is high. And toward the deadline the asking price goes up as the pool of available pieces gets smaller.

So there's the theoretical minimum that every buyer tries to hit. This is what drives the expected "dominoes" effect.

26TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:09 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Well let's get the show on the road. We're a month out from the trade deadline with realistically 10 teams per conference position jockeying and battling for 8 spots.

In the East:

- Bruins are 8 points up on Tampa who has 4 games in hand
- Florida is 1 point behind Tampa
- The Leafs and Flyers are on the outside looking in
- Carolina and Columbus are hanging on for their playoff lives

In the West:

- 6 teams are within two points of one another for playoff/wildcard sports
- Chicago, Minnesota and Winnipeg are close behind
- Nashville is falling behind but has 5 games in hand on Vegas and 4 on Arizona who hold wildcard spots
- Vancouver is the division lead; 1 point up on Calgary and Edmonton and 1 point ahead of the wildcard teams

If teams wait until the 24th it may be too late. I am expecting trades to pick up after the weekend,

27TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Well let's get the show on the road. We're a month out from the trade deadline with realistically 10 teams per conference position jockeying and battling for 8 spots.

In the East:

- Bruins are 8 points up on Tampa who has 4 games in hand
- Florida is 1 point behind Tampa
- The Leafs and Flyers are on the outside looking in
- Carolina and Columbus are hanging on for their playoff lives

In the West:

- 6 teams are within two points of one another for playoff/wildcard sports
- Chicago, Minnesota and Winnipeg are close behind
- Nashville is falling behind but has 5 games in hand on Vegas and 4 on Arizona who hold wildcard spots
- Vancouver is the division lead; 1 point up on Calgary and Edmonton and 1 point ahead of the wildcard teams

If teams wait until the 24th it may be too late. I am expecting trades to pick up after the weekend,

Is that true? Are the leafs on the outside??

28TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, that is spectacular

29TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:37 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yes sir. Toronto is out but the Islanders are trending in the wrong direction, and Columbus/Carolina have their respective issues.

Florida may be interest in both De Melo and Anderson. Not sure Driedger is the goalie they want backing up Bob down the stretch and into the playoffs. They have two 3rds, and a few young guys in their system that the Sens may be interested in. And Anderson has links to Florida.

Edmonton and Calgary are probably leading the way on the Pageau front. In a bigger and highly unlikely move, Edmonton could also be interested in Duclair. Imagine the speed of Duclair and with McDavid. Could we see a Pageau (re-signed) and Duclair package for Nuge+ ?

30TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:07 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I also hope Dorion is aggressive and packages a 2nd or 3rd rd pick, if required, to make sure we get a 1st back. Quality > quantity

31TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:35 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We 100% should be looking for quality over quantity, but those aren't necessarily the types of deals that get made towards the deadline. Getting *something* is always better than getting nothing for guys we might lose anyways to free agency. It's going to be an interesting four weeks leading up to the deadline, but I don't really think we're going to do anything that will blow anyone's socks off...if we somehow get another 1st rounder that'd be a big win.

32TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:48 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If Ottawa gets say they 8th or 7th overall and a team like LA, Chicago, or NJD get picks 3-7, I wonder what it would take for the Sens to move up. I imagine one of those teams would benefit from Askarov but wouldn't want to draft him that high. Would it be worth Ottawa's 8th overall and 2 2nds, or including the potential Pageau 1st?

33TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! - Page 2 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2020! Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:30 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

With both SJ’s pick and their own, it would be disastrous if the Sens don’t get one of Lafreniere, Byfield or Raymond. The only way I’d accept that is if both picks come from my Tier 4 of Stutzle, Lundell, Drysdale, Rossi, Holtz and Askarov.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum