GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#20: Penguins @ Senators: 7:00 PM, Nov 17

+3
SeawaySensFan
wprager
tim1_2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

They were second behind Tampa before their 4 days off, weren't they? Scoring is not a problem. Have to say that offense is much more balanced than when it was all on Karlsson. Powerplay is nowhere near as predictable.

I'd love to see them get a little more in-your-face in their own crease. I realize that's not Wideman's forte, or Chabot's, or Lajoie's and so on. Harpur has size but rarely uses it.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Wow, Pittsburgh is a hot mess right now. Murray had zero confidence, Malkin looks like a big spoiled kid (mind you, he always looked that way), Kessel is frustrated, and the once future stars already lost without Crosby. Their stars are not getting any younger. If they don't get stellar goaltending they are a lottery team.

Meanwhile, let's not sugarcoat it. Anderson wasn't very good. Ok, he didn't see that first goal (didn't like the (over)reaction from him. That 3rd goal was cringe worthy. The analyst tried to cover for him saying he was anticipating a tip in front and was playing the tip and not the puck. What? It was a bad goal. Thank goodness Duchene was there to restore the 3 goal lead.

What was Boro saying to Oleksiak during their roughing? "I thought Penny was terrific in the Olympics"?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I missed the game, but the highlights indicate the Pens got stoned.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And chabot, Batherson, duchene, tkachuk...damn!!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Wow, Pittsburgh is a hot mess right now. Murray had zero confidence, Malkin looks like a big spoiled kid (mind you, he always looked that way), Kessel is frustrated, and the once future stars already lost without Crosby.  Their stars are not getting any younger. If they don't get stellar goaltending they are a lottery team.

Meanwhile, let's not sugarcoat it. Anderson wasn't very good.  Ok, he didn't see that first goal (didn't like the (over)reaction from him. That 3rd goal was cringe worthy. The analyst tried to cover for him saying he was anticipating a tip in front and was playing the tip and not the puck. What? It was a bad goal. Thank goodness Duchene was there to restore the 3 goal lead.

What was Boro saying to Oleksiak during their roughing? "I thought Penny was terrific in the Olympics"?

First goal was exactly whats wrong with the penalty kill failure to get the puck out of the zone. the third goal yes Andy should of had it. but 10 minutes of the third before Duchene score was hard to watch. its what to expect of a young team they need to get better at holding when the other team pushes back

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

also love how batherson has already seeming to gel pretty quickly with Duchene those were some nice passes he sent to help on both goals

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:also love how batherson has already seeming to gel pretty quickly with Duchene those were some nice passes he sent to help on both goals

There's at least one, too, that I noticed that didn't result in a goal. Batherson is showing a strong ability to read plays with hands to go with it. High end player in the making.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Batherson is supposed to have high hockey IQ and it showed on the two passes. I loved the first one. D-man coming in to hit him hard and instead of trying to get out of the way or dump it out the doors a little touch pass to a rushing Duchene. The D-man who thought he was going to destroy a young kid all of a sudden is going in the wrong direction with a 2-on-1 developing the other way.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Imagine if Formenton and Brown become good young NHLers too..? Or Balcers for that matter? Yowza.

This game was great, more of this please.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:also love how batherson has already seeming to gel pretty quickly with Duchene those were some nice passes he sent to help on both goals

Quite a deft passer, not knowing much about him, this is all nice to see

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Imagine if Formenton and Brown become good young NHLers too..?  Or Balcers for that matter?  Yowza.

And the young dmen we got in this draft that are gonna be big. And wolanin.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We're one have over .500, the Penguins are awful. We still have a ton of work to do.

On the other hand we got 4
3 out of a possible 4 against Tampa. We beat both Toronto and Montreal, and Boston is about to go on an extended slide (5 regulars out on D, Chara is long term, now Bergeron has a UBI).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Imagine if Formenton and Brown become good young NHLers too..?  Or Balcers for that matter?  Yowza.

And the young dmen we got in this draft that are gonna be big.  And wolanin.

Im gonna temper my expectations regarding the Dmen from the draft for now. Unless we’re talking about extremely high ranked blue chip prospects, dmen don’t always pan out (and even the top ranked ones also. It’s always good to wait a couple of years. To see how they develop

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum