GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Belleville Sens Talk

+6
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 28]

211Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:03 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really impressive play by Brown to come back from a wasted year, have another injury, then roar up to where he's in the vicinity of a PPG. Pretty much as impressive as Nick Paul getting send up and down like a yo yo and dominating the AHL. Some good stuff down there!

212Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:11 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It should also be noted that Batherson is still learning the finer points of wing, as I believe he has always been a C - and if Ottawa needs a C...

213Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:16 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ok *tonight* they better not mess up.

Belleville still has 6D so neither of the callups may go back. Not crazy about that.

214Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:23 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If they go back they're playing 3 nights in a row (assuming they play tomorrow against the Leafs) which is against PA regulations. They granted Duclair an exception for his first game with Ottawa.

But you don't want to burn these guys out. They should be sending Braanstrom back down.

215Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If they go back they're playing 3 nights in a row (assuming they play tomorrow against the Leafs) which is against PA regulations. They granted Duclair an exception for his first game with Ottawa.

But you don't want to burn these guys out. They should be sending Braanstrom back down.

How is that against regulations when they do that all the time in the AHL

216Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:28 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Really impressive play by Brown to come back from a wasted year, have another injury, then roar up to where he's in the vicinity of a PPG.  Pretty much as impressive as Nick Paul getting send up and down like a yo yo and dominating the AHL.  Some good stuff down there!

That's why AHL development is so important. Had Lazar played in the A for a year his career could have ended up being much different. I was concerned that Tkachuk is being rushed but he seems to be able to handle it. Can't wait for him to take a huge step next year.

As for Paul, he has been the victim of bad luck, injuries, coaching, and bad linemates. There are also some late bloomers in the AHL, and some players that are AHL elite and not fit for the NHL (ex: Varone, Prince). Not sure where Paul fits but he is deserving of a one-year one-way contract to prove himself in the NHL.

Not saying that Ottawa will make the playoffs next year or the year after that, but they have a lot of really good pieces going forward. It seems to be the vets (Ceci, Boedker, Ryan, Smith) that are costing them games

217Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tonight's game is free on Facebook Watch. Whatever that is.

218Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Duclair played 3 in 3 when he was traded to Ottawa. Of the player agrees to it it's allowed.

219Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Really impressive play by Brown to come back from a wasted year, have another injury, then roar up to where he's in the vicinity of a PPG.  Pretty much as impressive as Nick Paul getting send up and down like a yo yo and dominating the AHL.  Some good stuff down there!

That's why AHL development is so important. Had Lazar played in the A for a year his career could have ended up being much different. I was concerned that Tkachuk is being rushed but he seems to be able to handle it. Can't wait for him to take a huge step next year.

As for Paul, he has been the victim of bad luck, injuries, coaching, and bad linemates. There are also some late bloomers in the AHL, and some players that are AHL elite and not fit for the NHL (ex: Varone, Prince). Not sure where Paul fits but he is deserving of a one-year one-way contract to prove himself in the NHL.

Not saying that Ottawa will make the playoffs next year or the year after that, but they have a lot of really good pieces going forward. It seems to be the vets (Ceci, Boedker, Ryan, Smith) that are costing them games  

Agreed. I doubt anything will stop brown, batherson and paul from being a line in Ottawa next year and the sens handled brown and batherson relatively well getting them good time in bellville

220Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bah! One point better than nothing, I guess. The Laval goalie had a horseshoe in his rear end for the half game they played hard.

221Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:

Agreed.   I doubt  anything will stop brown, batherson and paul from being a line in Ottawa next year and the sens handled brown and batherson relatively well getting them good time in bellville

Hopefully Brown has caught up to his size and the injuries are behind him that's my only concern with him now after the way he has been playing of late

222Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Agreed.   I doubt  anything will stop brown, batherson and paul from being a line in Ottawa next year and the sens handled brown and batherson relatively well getting them good time in bellville

Hopefully Brown has caught up to his size and the injuries are behind him that's my only concern with him now after the way he has been playing of late

Yeah, big time. That's the major concern, the 2nd concern is his speed, is it nhl translatable? Otherwise he's shown the org that he can play at a really high level and be an impact player.

Again, just stick that line into the NHL next year, make it your second line and see what they can do. Batherson is gonna be unreal too, he's ready to go as well.

223Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Yeah, big time.  That's the major concern, the 2nd concern is his speed, is it nhl translatable?  Otherwise he's shown the org that he can play at a really high level and be an impact player.

Again, just stick that line into the NHL next year, make it your second line and see what they can do.  Batherson is gonna be unreal too, he's ready to go as well.
Brown hasn’t been a call up this year so I a
Imagine the org doesn’t think he’s ready. His speed was lacking a lot at the start of the season. If I was a betting man I’d say he starts in the AHL next year.

224Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:50 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Belleville wins in a shootout tonight. Utica lost and Cleveland who is right behind lost tonight too giving Belleville a little more breathing room

225Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy crap they almost blew it...

226Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:30 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Brannstrom also had 3 assists tonight

227Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah and nick paul had 2 and 2.  Just a huge night - a very captain like performance.  Really good for him to put up this showing in a make or break year for his career.

The pessimistic side of me is waiting for them all the be up as a line with brown and batherson and our coach puts them as a 4th line with 8 minutes a night. Like duclar recently

228Belleville Sens Talk - Page 15 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is Batherson's first year in pro. Very impressive, but if he plays another year in Belleville and dominates for a full season (while the Sens struggle on the way to a top 5 pick) is be oh with that, too. I would rather they took the over-ripe (Paul) out of Belleville and leave the kids keep progressing. There chances of them all coming up as one line are very low.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum