GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Belleville Sens Talk

+6
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 28]

196Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

A couple losses this weekend puts Cleveland 2 points behind for the playoff race but looks like Belleville will beat Toronto this afternoon currently 5-3under 2 minutes left

197Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:57 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:A couple losses this weekend puts Cleveland 2 points behind for the playoff race but looks like Belleville will beat Toronto this afternoon currently 5-3under 2 minutes left

Yes, I didn't even realize they were playing.

198Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What's the story with Lajoie in Belleville. Is he not playing because of injury? What's his role in the future? I imagine he's going to be buried behind Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, and Boro (plus I believe Harpur is a LHD playing on his opposite side).

I am also starting to think that Gustavsson is going to be a bust. Hogberg has very clearly taken the reins in Belleville (their run started when he returned from injury) and if the Sens can sign d'Accord that essentially leaves him and Gustavsson duking it out in Belleville, while I believe Hogberg is promoted. Condon IMO will be bought out.

Lajoie has apparently been battling a nagging injury, so they've decided to sit him out until he's better.  That might have affected him here too.  I personally dont think harpur has a future here

Interesting. I see Harpur here next year. He is on a minimum NHL salary. May carry him as the 7th dman. I guess I don't understand why I can watch games and see how bad he is while coaching continues to play him. He's a smarter Jared Cowen but their skillset is essentially the same. I'd actually argue that Cowen was better...

Maybe next year, but I doubt harpur can survive what should be chabot, brannstrom, wolanin, demelo and jaros as the future 1 through 5.  Maybe one of them gets moved and opens room, but I'd say st this point they're all more likely than not to make the team and stay long term  then there are a slew of youth coming and more to be drafted.

I like Ottawas youth, but Terry Murray had some interesting things to say today about having a smart management team who knows what to say to fans and media.  Ottawa is the worst right now at optics and doing and saying dumb things

It's no secret that stupidity is pouring from the top down in Ottawa. If there ever is a new owner I imagine the first thing he/she does is fires Dorion. Guy is a puppet and nothing more. Gloating after he traded Stone. Couldn't believe it. And for a top-b prospect, a scrub, and a late 2nd rd pick.

What is a top b prospect? I agree his interview that day was dumb, but Brannstrom is a legit top prospect, one of the best D prospects in the world. That's an A prospect that doesn't get traded often.

Yeah. I think the trade could have been better but I still think that an A prospect. B prospect for me is a top 9 guy who can maybe slide in the top 6 or a guy that is 4-5 guy on D.

Nick Paul when he was included in the Spezza trade was a B prospect. He projected to be a top 9 guy. It didn’t turn out quite that way but that’s another story.

199Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Guy is a puppet and nothing more. Gloating after he traded Stone. Couldn't believe it. And for a top-b prospect, a scrub, and a late 2nd rd pick.

Boing! No, sir. Brannstrom is a legit top prospect in the world. One of the top 20 best prospects on the planet I've heard tossed around by a few legit insiders. He's instantly our top prospect, probably ahead of Tkachuk (which, I understand is debatable).

A true A prospect in every single sense of the word.

200Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Abramov making his presence known in Belleville. So is Batherson, damn!

201Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:A couple losses this weekend puts Cleveland 2 points behind for the playoff race but looks like Belleville will beat Toronto this afternoon currently 5-3under 2 minutes left

Yes, I didn't even realize they were playing.

I posted the time and the fact or was on SNet. Watched it when I got home.

202Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tkachuk had spent the entire season in the NHL and is leading the team in goals (assist to Dorion). He's no longer a prospect.

Brannstrom had a very ho-hum have today. I kept watching for him (#17) but he rarely did anything memorable. He will start next season in Belleville unless something drastic happens in the off-season season.

Nick Paul is an AHL beast.

Batherson want as noticeable as Abramov until a couple shifts on the third. Same with Brown. That's a line that will take them through a couple rounds.

Especially if Hogberg plays like that. He was very good despite the 3 goals against. Toronto goalie even better.

203Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Doubt he starts in the ahl next year. Macphee compared him to Krug directly would came into the league after one season in the ahl and made an immediate impact. I think you let him go in the nhl

204Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And I think Nick Paul has earned himself a one-way contract for next year. I am confident if he is put with good players not named Paajarvi and Pyatt he would do much better in the NHL

205Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:37 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And I think Nick Paul has earned himself a one-way contract for next year. I am confident if he is put with good players not named Paajarvi and Pyatt he would do much better in the NHL

I don't think he's ever been given much of a chance in Ottawa and B-Sens haven't had good enough prospects in the minors for him to excel. They would be dumb to let him go especially given his chemistry with Brown and Batherson. This is logically our third line next year. Likely some form of:

Tkachuk-Pageau-Tierney
Formenton-White-Duclair
Paul-Brown-Batherson
Balcers-Smith-Ryan

Chabot-De Melo
Braanstrom-XXXX
Wolanin-XXXXX

Anderson
Hogberg

206Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And I think Nick Paul has earned himself a one-way contract for next year. I am confident if he is put with good players not named Paajarvi and Pyatt he would do much better in the NHL

I'd have to agree at this point, a 1 year 800K 1 way contract would be fine.

207Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big game tonight. Utica at Rochester. This is the game they have in hand. Both Utica and Belleville have 29 ROWs (first time breaker).

208Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

I'd have to agree at this point, a 1 year 800K 1 way contract would be fine.

To be fair I would have liked to seen him under Crawford in Ottawa to basically see if it was how Boucher played him that made him stagnant. I’d chuck a one way deal at him.
Worst case he doesn’t work out and we waive him and lose him or he’s in Belleville again. It’s either that or we lose him this summer and he might flourish elsewhere.
He could easily also spend time as our 13th forward in Ottawa next year. Under another coach than Boucher those will likely play more time than having 7D dress constantly and have a 12th forward sit out.

209Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Utica lost 3-0. Belleville is officially in the driver's seat. 2 points up, no games in hand, 1 more ROW then the Comets.

Now, just don't blue it against Laval tonight.

210Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Utica lost 3-0.  Belleville is officially in the driver's seat. 2 points up, no games in hand, 1 more ROW then the Comets.

Now, just don't blue it against Laval tonight.

Nice.

211Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really impressive play by Brown to come back from a wasted year, have another injury, then roar up to where he's in the vicinity of a PPG. Pretty much as impressive as Nick Paul getting send up and down like a yo yo and dominating the AHL. Some good stuff down there!

212Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It should also be noted that Batherson is still learning the finer points of wing, as I believe he has always been a C - and if Ottawa needs a C...

213Belleville Sens Talk - Page 14 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ok *tonight* they better not mess up.

Belleville still has 6D so neither of the callups may go back. Not crazy about that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum