GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Belleville Sens Talk

+6
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 28]

106Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:31 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Even though I would have rather had probably 3 other Columbus prospects other than Abramov, I’m looking forward to seeing him with better linemates on March 1st.

107Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lajoie sent down to Belleville

108Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:41 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Lajoie sent down to Belleville

30 games late, but good stuff

Wolanin is soooooooooooo much better it's not even close

109Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

It’s never too late though. He has a good idea of what the NHL is now he can work out the kinks in Belleville

110Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

It’s never too late though. He has a good idea of what the NHL is now he can work out the kinks in Belleville
I personally dont think he'll ever really make it, but we'll see

111Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There more I think of all the coaching decisions (including playing Ceci as a shutdown guy, keeping Lajoie up when he read clearly struggling, 12-and-7, Pyatt, Smith playing 20 minutes, and so on, the more in beginning to think what we need most of all is a new coaching staff.

112Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:There more I think of all the coaching decisions (including playing Ceci as a shutdown guy, keeping Lajoie up when he read clearly struggling, 12-and-7, Pyatt, Smith playing 20 minutes, and so on, the more in beginning to think what we need most of all is a new coaching staff.

Perhaps. But I for one don’t think Boucher is all to blame. It’s the cards he’s dealt and he was put on a short leash this year so who he plays is maybe somewhat dictated by management

113Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Paul with 2 goals, Lajoie with an assist as the B-Sens more to within 1 of Utica (thanks for the assist, Bingo).

Marlies hold on to win in OT.

114Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wolanin not playing did they call him up?

115Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Wolanin not playing  did they call him up?

Yeah

116Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mann said it was a coaching decisions to sit Wolanin. Team is playing for this coach. That's the too team in the Division they just knocked off without Batherson, Balcers, Brown, Chlapik or Wolanin in their lineup.

1 point out of a playoff spot. 3 back of 3rd. Too bad the schedule is so poorly balanced. They have played 5 games more than 2nd place Syracuse. Those extra 5 games were when they were not playing well.

117Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think there has been any indication who had been called up, but they did say a defenseman will be coming up. Belleville doesn't play until March 1 so whoever is called up could play as many as 3 games (although they would be playing Thursday night in Ottawa the Friday night in Belleville).

It's possible they wanted Wolanin to be fresh for tonight's game so that's why they kept him out. But why would Manning pretend it was a coaching decision?

118Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wolanin had been recalled.

119Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:37 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Today is the day that players must be in the AHL to be eligible to play in the playoffs there, emergency recalls are exempt. Everyone has been sent back so far except Wolanin and Balcers.

120Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wolanin is so good. You can see where he'll need to add some core muscle, but he's a great skater, nice passer and has really solid offensive instincts. We have a 2nd pairing guy imo.

121Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:24 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Wolanin is so good.  You can see where he'll need to add some core muscle, but he's a great skater, nice passer and has really solid offensive instincts.  We have a 2nd pairing guy imo.

Agreed. And if Lajoie rebounds and JBD develops well we have 4 very apt defenceman.

122Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Wolanin is so good.  You can see where he'll need to add some core muscle, but he's a great skater, nice passer and has really solid offensive instincts.  We have a 2nd pairing guy imo.

Agreed. And if Lajoie rebounds and JBD develops well we have 4 very apt defenceman.

Lajoie is another Ceci. He's beaten off loose pucks too easily and doesn't have the offensive prowess to compensate. I see nothing special about him at all. I'd try to sell him while he's somewhat in other GMs minds along with a couple of other assets for a number 2 D-man at the draft.

123Belleville Sens Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:08 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Lajoie is another Ceci.  He's beaten off loose pucks too easily and doesn't have the offensive prowess to compensate.  I see nothing special about him at all.  I'd try to sell him while he's somewhat in other GMs minds along with a couple of other assets for a number 2 D-man at the draft.
dude... give him some time. Most Dman that aren’t studs need quite a few back and forth between the AHL and the NHL before they can become regular fixtures. Especially to apply what they learn in the NHL to a lesser skilled league and master it. Lajoie hasn’t had that. Leave him another 4-6 month of playing games. H’ll Likely be much better this time next year.

Ceci wasn’t properly developed, theycan change that with Lajoie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum