GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Belleville Sens Talk

+6
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 28]

121Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:24 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Wolanin is so good.  You can see where he'll need to add some core muscle, but he's a great skater, nice passer and has really solid offensive instincts.  We have a 2nd pairing guy imo.

Agreed. And if Lajoie rebounds and JBD develops well we have 4 very apt defenceman.

122Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:42 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Wolanin is so good.  You can see where he'll need to add some core muscle, but he's a great skater, nice passer and has really solid offensive instincts.  We have a 2nd pairing guy imo.

Agreed. And if Lajoie rebounds and JBD develops well we have 4 very apt defenceman.

Lajoie is another Ceci. He's beaten off loose pucks too easily and doesn't have the offensive prowess to compensate. I see nothing special about him at all. I'd try to sell him while he's somewhat in other GMs minds along with a couple of other assets for a number 2 D-man at the draft.

123Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:08 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Lajoie is another Ceci.  He's beaten off loose pucks too easily and doesn't have the offensive prowess to compensate.  I see nothing special about him at all.  I'd try to sell him while he's somewhat in other GMs minds along with a couple of other assets for a number 2 D-man at the draft.
dude... give him some time. Most Dman that aren’t studs need quite a few back and forth between the AHL and the NHL before they can become regular fixtures. Especially to apply what they learn in the NHL to a lesser skilled league and master it. Lajoie hasn’t had that. Leave him another 4-6 month of playing games. H’ll Likely be much better this time next year.

Ceci wasn’t properly developed, theycan change that with Lajoie

124Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Lajoie is another Ceci.  He's beaten off loose pucks too easily and doesn't have the offensive prowess to compensate.  I see nothing special about him at all.  I'd try to sell him while he's somewhat in other GMs minds along with a couple of other assets for a number 2 D-man at the draft.
dude... give him some time. Most Dman that aren’t studs need quite a few back and forth between the AHL and the NHL before they can become regular fixtures. Especially to apply what they learn in the NHL to a lesser skilled league and master it. Lajoie hasn’t had that. Leave him another 4-6 month of playing games. H’ll Likely be much better this time next year.

Meh. I don't want to waste time with players anymore. If they have nothing special to give, why bother?

125Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:06 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Meh.  I don't want to waste time with players anymore.  If they have nothing special to give, why bother?

Lajoie is ahead of where his development should have been. Desperation and Boucher led him to make the team out of camp. I think he'll be more like a Wideman. Good 5-6 d-man.

126Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

The Sens have until 3pm to send down Wolanin and Balcers or those two can’t play in Belleville’s potential playoff run. In case I missed it, they are still officially in Ottawa.

127Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Meh.  I don't want to waste time with players anymore.  If they have nothing special to give, why bother?

Why bother?!? How aboutbecause of the lack of depth with quality Dman prospects.

I think he may be a top 4 guy someday. He’s not now. But I think he’ll definitely be a guy that gets seasons in the nhl. Wideman might be a comparison although I don’t know that Lajoie is really an offence guy the way some people hoped at the beginning of the season.

128Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Why bother?!? How aboutbecause of the lack of depth with quality Dman prospects.

I think he may be a top 4 guy someday. He’s not now. But I think he’ll definitely be a guy that gets seasons in the nhl. Wideman might be a comparison although I don’t know that Lajoie is really an offence guy the way some people hoped at the beginning of the season.

We'll see if he can fill out. Holy crap, Brannstrom....just made things real interesting going forward.

129Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:41 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Wolanin and Balcers sent down too. Go Belleville. All hands on deck for them.

130Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:00 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It’s undeniable. if any team out there has a rea shot to squeak into the playoffs and make some real noise it’s the senators now. All eyes on the cup.

131Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:03 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Wolanin and Balcers sent down too. Go Belleville. All hands on deck for them.

The transactions to send down Wolanin and Balcers might have been "paper" transactions, as there's some rule about players needing to be on the AHL roster by the deadline yesterday in order to be eligible for the playoffs. Not sure what the case is here though.

Belleville should be able to make it now. The AHL streaming service is available for something like $35 for the rest of the Belleville games + playoffs. I might invest in that and just totally ignore the big club.

132Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:28 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Wolanin and Balcers sent down too. Go Belleville. All hands on deck for them.

The transactions to send down Wolanin and Balcers might have been "paper" transactions, as there's some rule about players needing to be on the AHL roster by the deadline yesterday in order to be eligible for the playoffs.  Not sure what the case is here though.

Belleville should be able to make it now.  The AHL streaming service is available for something like $35 for the rest of the Belleville games + playoffs.  I might invest in that and just totally ignore the big club.

Yes, that’s all I was saying. The deadline was 3pm and they were “sent down”, making them eligible. Go BSens.

And I agree about the BSens streaming the rest of the year. I will be there live on Friday. When I got the tickets, I thought I was just going to see Abramov play with better linemates, but now I get to see Brannstrom too. Bitter pill still though.

133Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:36 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Curious to see who stays up.

Out: Duchene, Dzingel, Stone
In: Gibbons, Duclair, Lindberg

If they were smart they'd keep everyone then can down there. And since he's not eligible I would send Tkachuk to London and play for a Memorial cup.

134Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:37 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

^^ Once the Sens season is over

135Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:03 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

B-Sens PP practice unit Brown - Batherson - Chlapik - Abramov - Brannstrom

136Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:B-Sens PP practice  unit Brown - Batherson - Chlapik - Abramov - Brannstrom

Holy Dung! Ahhhhh!

137Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:10 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm not sold on Abromov. Can't help but think we have another Filatov on our hands.

138Belleville Sens Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm not sold on Abromov. Can't help but think we have another Filatov on our hands.

I’ve been alluding to that. Also, Duclair is a slightly stronger, goal-scoring Ho-Sang lite without the politics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum