GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Belleville Sens Talk

+6
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 28]

76Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:37 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Did you see the picture Jeff Brown posted of him, Logan and some other guy at a rink? Brown is HUGE! He's just beginning to fill out. I am hoping all the injuries are just a growing phase and will subside when he's funny grown into that frame. He's still likely a couple years away from being a full time NHL player (and longer than that to get to his ceiling) but that's a heck of a ceiling.

77Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:50 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Did you see the picture Jeff Brown posted of him, Logan and some other guy at a rink? Brown is HUGE! He's just beginning to fill out. I am hoping all the injuries are just a growing phase and will subside when he's funny grown into that frame.  He's still likely a couple years away from being a full time NHL player (and longer than that to get to his ceiling) but that's a heck of a ceiling.

That seems to be the scouting report on Brown. He's a boom or bust player. He's a top-six forward or an AHLer. I'd much rather he fill out and develop in the AHL. Ottawa is pretty set at the center position. No need to rush his development.

78Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Did you see the picture Jeff Brown posted of him, Logan and some other guy at a rink? Brown is HUGE! He's just beginning to fill out. I am hoping all the injuries are just a growing phase and will subside when he's funny grown into that frame.  He's still likely a couple years away from being a full time NHL player (and longer than that to get to his ceiling) but that's a heck of a ceiling.

That seems to be the scouting report on Brown. He's a boom or bust player. He's a top-six forward or an AHLer. I'd much rather he fill out and develop in the AHL. Ottawa is pretty set at the center position. No need to rush his development.

I think his speed is the biggest area of improvement he needs to improve. His first steps are not gonna get him an NHL job. He needs to spend the summer with a skating coach next summer big time.

79Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:36 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I also think Florida will turn around and try and flip Brassard and Sheahan for whatever they can get

80Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wonder why Pittsburgh is clearing cap space. They must have someone in mind.

81Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:10 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Batherson with a 4point night last night in Bellevilles 7-6 ot victory. Brown also had a couple points I the game as well

82Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yet it's Rodewald that gets the call up.

83Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:13 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Batherson with a hatty tonight. Seems to have gotten back into gear I believe he lead in Rookie AHL scoring and is 15th in scoring overall

84Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He leads the league in rookie scoring. The next guy is 2 points back but has played 11 more games.

85Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And Brown could soon be top-10 (he is tied for 9th but officially in 11th as two others have more goals).

86Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:34 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:And Brown could soon be top-10 (he is tied for 9th but officially in 11th as two others have more goals).

We could have a very formidable second or third line on our hands. Brown and Batherson seem to have great chemistry. Nick Paul doing good things with them as well. Let's see what happens in Toronto today

87Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I believe that game is on TSN.

88Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:44 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I believe that game is on TSN.  

It is. TSN2. 4:00 PM puck drop. I am not sure if Wolanin will be back or not.

A win today vaults Belleville just outside a playoff spot. If they don't make the playoffs, I wonder if the Sens send Tkachuk to play for a memorial cup in London.

89Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Absolute beauty by Brown to win it in OT. Utica and Toronto both with loser points so they only gain a point. 5 points out of a playoff spot but playing much better with a Batherson back. They have a shot.

90Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:24 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

with a 3-0 win last night Belleville sit 2 points out of playoff picture right now, however they have played 3 more games than most teams so they may need a little luck for some of those others teams to lose a bit more

91Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They have points (i.e. no regulation loss) in 10 straight. There are still something like 22 have to go. So long as the Sens keep calling up Goloubef and Archibald and leaving Batherson/Brown to do their thing they have an excellent shot.

Batherson is 3rd in the league in points per game. Not bad for a rookie.

92Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:08 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:They have points (i.e. no regulation loss) in 10 straight. There are still something like 22 have to go. So long as the Sens keep calling up Goloubef and Archibald and leaving Batherson/Brown to do their thing they have an excellent shot.

He's putting up Spezza like numbers

Batherson: 1.21 ppg
Spezza: 1.26 ppg

He also had a 10 game pointless streak.

Others between 1.21 and 2 in the AHL:

Perry, Getzlaf, Kucherov, Brassard, Strome, Couture

Looks like we has a top six forward on our hands.

93Belleville Sens Talk - Page 6 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:They have points (i.e. no regulation loss) in 10 straight. There are still something like 22 have to go. So long as the Sens keep calling up Goloubef and Archibald and leaving Batherson/Brown to do their thing they have an excellent shot.

He's putting up Spezza like numbers

Batherson: 1.21 ppg
Spezza: 1.26 ppg

He also had a 10 game pointless streak.

Others between 1.21 and 2 in the AHL:

Perry, Getzlaf, Kucherov, Brassard, Strome, Couture

Looks like we has a top six forward on our hands.

I don’t think there was any doubt about that. What remains to be seen is is he top 6 or top 3.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum