GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Belleville Sens Talk

+6
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 28]

181Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:23 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah...that want very good

182Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:16 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

It was late. If that was Chabot dropping the pick back and some plug obliterating him you would be screaming bloody murder. Plug on plug, I guess your don't mind

183Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:49 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:It was late. If that was Chabot dropping the pick back and some plug obliterating him you would be screaming bloody murder. Plug on plug, I guess your don't mind

He would never be in that position though. A smart player wouldn’t do what that guy did.

184Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:27 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Every team out there does that. I hate that nice, especially when it is done at half speed.

Maybe this is the counter for it.

185Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

B-Sens play the Marlies in an afternoon game. 1:30pm on SNet. Set your PVRs.

Marlies are 7 points up with a game in hand, but Belleville is in a virtual tie with Utica. Utica doesn't play until Wednesday when they gave the top team in the top team in the Division. Rochester is just 1 point up on Syracuse, who have a game in hand, so this will certainly be an important game for them.

186Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:45 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What's the story with Lajoie in Belleville. Is he not playing because of injury? What's his role in the future? I imagine he's going to be buried behind Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, and Boro (plus I believe Harpur is a LHD playing on his opposite side).

I am also starting to think that Gustavsson is going to be a bust. Hogberg has very clearly taken the reins in Belleville (their run started when he returned from injury) and if the Sens can sign d'Accord that essentially leaves him and Gustavsson duking it out in Belleville, while I believe Hogberg is promoted. Condon IMO will be bought out.

187Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:56 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What's the story with Lajoie in Belleville. Is he not playing because of injury? What's his role in the future? I imagine he's going to be buried behind Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, and Boro (plus I believe Harpur is a LHD playing on his opposite side).

I am also starting to think that Gustavsson is going to be a bust. Hogberg has very clearly taken the reins in Belleville (their run started when he returned from injury) and if the Sens can sign d'Accord that essentially leaves him and Gustavsson duking it out in Belleville, while I believe Hogberg is promoted. Condon IMO will be bought out.

Hogberg was the exact same as Gustavsson last year and he was 23 compared to Gustavusson who is only 20. It's his first pro season in North America. Patience is required.

188Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What's the story with Lajoie in Belleville. Is he not playing because of injury? What's his role in the future? I imagine he's going to be buried behind Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, and Boro (plus I believe Harpur is a LHD playing on his opposite side).

Lajoie has apparently been battling a nagging injury, so they've decided to sit him out until he's better. That might have affected him here too. I personally dont think harpur has a future here

189Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:58 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

Hogberg was the exact same as Gustavsson last year and he was 23 compared to Gustavusson who is only 20. It's his first pro season in North America. Patience is required.

Noted. Just difficult to see guys like Hart virtually jump right in. But I guess we saw it with DiPietro. Huge jump from OHL to NHL with the AHL as the logical in-between.

190Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:00 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:

Lajoie has apparently been battling a nagging injury, so they've decided to sit him out until he's better.  That might have affected him here too.  I personally dont think harpur has a future here

Interesting. I see Harpur here next year. He is on a minimum NHL salary. May carry him as the 7th dman. I guess I don't understand why I can watch games and see how bad he is while coaching continues to play him. He's a smarter Jared Cowen but their skillset is essentially the same. I'd actually argue that Cowen was better...

191Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:07 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think the days of stay-at-home big defensemen are over. Curious to see what Braanstrom is able to do down the stretch and in the playoffs (if Belleville makes it).

I think Ottawa actually has a lot of potential from the net out. The left side D is all but locked up, with JBD coming down the pipe on the right. Would be ideal if Ottawa could pick up another RHD via trade for next season, especially if they are to move Ceci.

192Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Noted. Just difficult to see guys like Hart virtually jump right in. But I guess we saw it with DiPietro. Huge jump from OHL to NHL with the AHL as the logical in-between.

Guys like Hart are the exception and he wasn't even very good in the AHL either. They called him up out of desperation really. Vasilevskiy and Murray are the only starters in the NHL who are 24 or younger. Jordan Binnington who has been on fire is a 25 year old rookie.

You won't see Gustavsson for years if he ever makes it.

193Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:

Lajoie has apparently been battling a nagging injury, so they've decided to sit him out until he's better.  That might have affected him here too.  I personally dont think harpur has a future here

Interesting. I see Harpur here next year. He is on a minimum NHL salary. May carry him as the 7th dman. I guess I don't understand why I can watch games and see how bad he is while coaching continues to play him. He's a smarter Jared Cowen but their skillset is essentially the same. I'd actually argue that Cowen was better...

Maybe next year, but I doubt harpur can survive what should be chabot, brannstrom, wolanin, demelo and jaros as the future 1 through 5. Maybe one of them gets moved and opens room, but I'd say st this point they're all more likely than not to make the team and stay long term then there are a slew of youth coming and more to be drafted.

I like Ottawas youth, but Terry Murray had some interesting things to say today about having a smart management team who knows what to say to fans and media. Ottawa is the worst right now at optics and doing and saying dumb things

194Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:25 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Maybe next year, but I doubt harpur can survive what should be chabot, brannstrom, wolanin, demelo and jaros as the future 1 through 5.  Maybe one of them gets moved and opens room, but I'd say st this point they're all more likely than not to make the team and stay long term  then there are a slew of youth coming and more to be drafted.

I like Ottawas youth, but Terry Murray had some interesting things to say today about having a smart management team who knows what to say to fans and media.  Ottawa is the worst right now at optics and doing and saying dumb things

It's no secret that stupidity is pouring from the top down in Ottawa. If there ever is a new owner I imagine the first thing he/she does is fires Dorion. Guy is a puppet and nothing more. Gloating after he traded Stone. Couldn't believe it. And for a top-b prospect, a scrub, and a late 2nd rd pick.

195Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Maybe next year, but I doubt harpur can survive what should be chabot, brannstrom, wolanin, demelo and jaros as the future 1 through 5.  Maybe one of them gets moved and opens room, but I'd say st this point they're all more likely than not to make the team and stay long term  then there are a slew of youth coming and more to be drafted.

I like Ottawas youth, but Terry Murray had some interesting things to say today about having a smart management team who knows what to say to fans and media.  Ottawa is the worst right now at optics and doing and saying dumb things

It's no secret that stupidity is pouring from the top down in Ottawa. If there ever is a new owner I imagine the first thing he/she does is fires Dorion. Guy is a puppet and nothing more. Gloating after he traded Stone. Couldn't believe it. And for a top-b prospect, a scrub, and a late 2nd rd pick.

What is a top b prospect? I agree his interview that day was dumb, but Brannstrom is a legit top prospect, one of the best D prospects in the world. That's an A prospect that doesn't get traded often.

196Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

A couple losses this weekend puts Cleveland 2 points behind for the playoff race but looks like Belleville will beat Toronto this afternoon currently 5-3under 2 minutes left

197Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:A couple losses this weekend puts Cleveland 2 points behind for the playoff race but looks like Belleville will beat Toronto this afternoon currently 5-3under 2 minutes left

Yes, I didn't even realize they were playing.

198Belleville Sens Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

What is a top b prospect? I agree his interview that day was dumb, but Brannstrom is a legit top prospect, one of the best D prospects in the world. That's an A prospect that doesn't get traded often.

Yeah. I think the trade could have been better but I still think that an A prospect. B prospect for me is a top 9 guy who can maybe slide in the top 6 or a guy that is 4-5 guy on D.

Nick Paul when he was included in the Spezza trade was a B prospect. He projected to be a top 9 guy. It didn’t turn out quite that way but that’s another story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum