GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Bruins - Dec 27, 2017, 7:00pm

+2
Flo The Action
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Two teams headed in opposite directions. The Bruins started slow but since Bergeron has come back they've been on fire, at one point passing the Leafs for 2nd in the Atlantic (they are currently 2 points back but have 3 games in hand). On the other side are the Sens, who were battling with the Leafs for 2nd when they went to Sweden (3 points back with 3 games in hand); now they sit in 29th place, double-digits out of a playoff spot (and only single-digits from the league bottom).

Nothing to get excited about until the draft lottery. Just what in the **** happened?

Anderson and Phaneuf draw back in; Ryan will play but he's not 100%. Dumont and Smith are out. Harpur is a healthy scratch. I predict a Filip Chlapik first point.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Two teams headed in opposite directions.  The Bruins started slow but since Bergeron has come back they've been on fire, at one point passing the Leafs for 2nd in the Atlantic (they are currently 2 points back but have 3 games in hand).  On the other side are the Sens, who were battling with the Leafs for 2nd when they went to Sweden (3 points back with 3 games in hand); now they sit in 29th place, double-digits out of a playoff spot (and only single-digits from the league bottom).  

Nothing to get excited about until the draft lottery.  Just what in the **** happened?

Anderson and Phaneuf draw back in; Ryan will play but he's not 100%.  Dumont and Smith are out.  Harpur is a healthy scratch.  I predict a Filip Chlapik first point.

What happened? Reality happened. I think we got a little lucky in the playoffs last year, players overperformed , we lost methot, we lost stalberg and MacArthur, we didn’t adress our holes in the line up and expected all our players to follow on overachievements. Goaltending has stunk for the most part, we replaced our number 1C in turris with a great winger in duschene but that’s messed the chemistry.

This group is disjointed.

Season is over. Start praying that kalrsson and duchene will stick around and hope that Melnyk is all bark and no bite and he forks over some cash to improve this team in the off season. Or better yet, he sells it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Two teams headed in opposite directions.  The Bruins started slow but since Bergeron has come back they've been on fire, at one point passing the Leafs for 2nd in the Atlantic (they are currently 2 points back but have 3 games in hand).  On the other side are the Sens, who were battling with the Leafs for 2nd when they went to Sweden (3 points back with 3 games in hand); now they sit in 29th place, double-digits out of a playoff spot (and only single-digits from the league bottom).  

Nothing to get excited about until the draft lottery.  Just what in the **** happened?

Anderson and Phaneuf draw back in; Ryan will play but he's not 100%.  Dumont and Smith are out.  Harpur is a healthy scratch.  I predict a Filip Chlapik first point.

What happened? Reality happened. I think we got a little lucky in the playoffs last year, players overperformed , we lost methot, we lost stalberg and MacArthur, we didn’t adress our holes in the line up and expected all our players to follow on overachievements. Goaltending has stunk for the most part, we replaced our number 1C in turris with a great winger in duschene but that’s messed the chemistry.

Season is over. Start praying that kalrsson and duchene will stick around and hope that Melnyk is all bark and no bite and he forks over some cash to improve this team in the off season. Or better yet, he sells it.

Lol Duchene isn’t a winger. He’s a better player than turris no question in my mind

If you Dung in him the why say you better pray he sticks around

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Lol Duchene isn’t a winger. He’s a better player than turris no question in my mind

If you Dung in him the why say you better pray he sticks around

Im not saying he’s not a good player but I think he’s better suited to play wing than C. I don’t think I’m Dung on him at all. But his style of play IMO would be better used on the wing with a capable Center.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also, I don’t see duchene resigning here this summer unless we offer him 7mill + a season going forward. That’s gonna be a tough pill to swallow for melnyk if he doesn’t start producing between now and the end of the season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think you need to spend more to get better. Move or buy out a few contacts and replace them with ELCs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The team is too slow with Phaneuf, Ryan, Oduya, Burrows, Stone. Can't have that many slow p players. Doesn't help that Anderson is having his usual down year.

Next season we lose Oduya and gain a top five pick. Maybe move a couple more with just a year left on their contacts. Need to make room for Chabot, Chlapik, White, Brown, Perron, Jaros, that top 5 pick.

We will probably lose Wideman, sounds like a shake up is coming which means we lose someone like Hoffman or Ceci or Smith or Dzingel, maybe even 2-3 of those.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Embarrassed to be a fan. This team can go Diddle themselves, I've got much better things to do right now. Wake me up when they start giving a toss.

:crossarms:

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That top 5 pick would be awesome if it turns into Dahlem. But I hope it doesn’t just go to replacing karlsson. 

We could stand to lose a few players but I don’t see many of our youth blowing the doors to make the NHL.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

But right now it is terrible. We are close to being Colorado last year bad. It’s pretty much buffalo bad

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

On the bright side, Chabot had 20+ minutes and looked very good. Chlapik was good. There's hope for the near future (just not this year).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

After Claesson got ejected Boucher had no choice but to play Chabot more. He had 20 minutes of ice time (still low when you're playing 5 for 2+ periods) and he was the best player on the ice. Someone tweeted out the advanced stats and it was an eye-opener.

Karlsson is playing poorly, has been, for most of the season. It's little wonder that Ceci is getting more ice time, even though Ceci is *not* a better option, despite Karlsson's poor (for him) performance. But maybe Guy is trying to send message -- just using the wrong messenger. We are really missing Boro (Oduya and Claesson should be the 6/7 guys) and Wideman (to paraphrase the great Denis Lemieux - Call up Jaros right ****ing now!)

As for the forwards, as much as you could say Hoffman doesn't deserve the icetime and linemates because of his uninspired play, Hoffman is their best threat and if you want to win you have to score. With the goaltending we've had this season, we're not going to win a lot of 2-1, 1-0 games. Hoffman has played with pretty much all of our fourth liners. Again, maybe this is Guy's way of sending a message but at this point I would rather he just scratched him and played Chlapik (or, better yet, White) in his place *in the top six*. Guys like Thompson and Pyatt and Dumont and Burrows and DiDomenico are important but you need *ONE*, not nearly two lines' worth. You win *with* character, but you don't win on character alone.

Keep Thompson -- he's great on the PK and wince face offs. Keep Pyatt as your 13th forward. Burrows would be useful in the playoffs but he's not helping us get there. Retire.

Decide if you want to keep Dzingel or Hoffman. Both have great speed, both excel at fly-bys. Hoffman is the better scorer by far but he also will get you a lot more in a trade. So I guess you move Hoffman and hope that top-5 pick gets you a decent replacement (Hoffman is playing on the third line so you're looking at replacing a third liner -- Tkachuk would do).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman needs to be moved. Simple as that. Too lazy for a guy who doesn’t even score that much

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I’d move Hoffman Pageau and Ceci

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Hoffman needs to be moved. Simple as that. Too lazy for a guy who doesn’t even score that much

Yeah, I'd be OK with that. He has shown that he just isn't willing or able to change his game at all. He's a perimeter player who doesn't hit his shot that often.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum