GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Sharks - Dec 9, 2017, 10:00pm

+2
wprager
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Sharks are 15-10-2 this year. This is the first game of a back-to-back for them, so we'll see which goalie we get (Martin Jones or Antoine Bibeau).

The Sens are coming off a much improved effort against the Kings (although there will still a bunch of defensive problems). Condon played really well, so we'll see if he gets another start. We'll also see if Freddy C gets back in the lineup. I could see Chabot being a scratch tonight. This is the late game on Hockey Night in Canada...let's do it!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's really weird. Since they came back from Sweden they have one win and two loser points. Condon earned all of those. And, at times, he had played really well. At the same time, the only win was the Islanders game where he only played the third period. And in the LA game, while he stopped, what, three breakaways, two of the goals against him were stoppable. In other words, he has played brilliantly for stretches but when was the last time he had a complete game?

So all that to say I wouldn't be surprised to see Anderson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens outplayed the Kings from a shot count, and played well against a top rated powerplay. Yet they have up three breakaways. Were they going all out offensively and forgetting to play defense?

Lots of kinks still to work out. Glad that Pageau and Duchene scored. About time Stone scored again. And Dzingel is having a heck of a year, so far. He's not far off a 30 goal pace.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was an even gamr, maybe LA had the upper hand, but Ottawa's resolve was amazing to tie it up with 8 seconds. They could have folded

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoffman has the blade of Kopitar's stick stuck between his visor and helmet. How on Earth is that not high sticking? And then want it Kopitar, again, hooking Hoffman to set up Doughty coming down one on one with Duchene, who probably hasn't played D since peewee.

I've noticed that teams that are rolling usually get there calls. Like Brass getting a trip against Tavares when JT just feel durn trying to stop on a dime.

If there ref can *assume* there was a trip without actually seeing it, why not assume a high stick when that is the only way it could have gotten there?

I think when the Sens start winning some games they will start to get those calls going their way.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Surprisingly I have a good feeling about the game tonight.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Surprisingly I have a good feeling about the game tonight.

Facepalm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Classic senators. One year we are great, one year we finish bottom 10, one year great one year down... thank Diddle our pick is lottery protected.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think on top of not being a very competitive team this year, we must have pissed off the hockey gods something fierce!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson needs to be moved. His attitude sucks. Heard bad stories about him this year as well

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You can have Vezina himself in net and it wouldn't matter. Forget about this season if no one is gonna score. Give me a break. Why even bother playing?

I hope they're as disappointed as they should be. Diddle.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Frustrating to watch.  This team isn't causing neutral zone turnovers like they did last year so we aren't getting any offensive zone time.  We are now a dump and chase team but the forecheck only has one man chase. It's ridiculous, this unfortunately is either stubborn coaching or players who aren't able to read and react.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We were sitting pretty before the Turris trade. Since then, sure, we beat Colorado twice, but that's not saying much.

Dorion needs to step in and say to Boucher that they tried it his way, with his players (Pyatt, DiDo, Dumont, Thompson - all players not drafted by Dorion); now it's time to try it with the players they actually drafted and developed.

Let's lose big. Sir the vets and play the kids. Oduya out, Chabot and Claesson playing a regular shift. I like Pyatt, but I want to see what White and Chlapik can do. They will be a pain in the rear to play against. Dumont can be the other one who sits. I never understood that pick up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Someone at work was selling front row tickets to the Winter Classic, $250 each or all did for $1250. Have a feeling it'll be well short of a sellout.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Someone at work was selling front row tickets to the Winter Classic, $250 each or all did for $1250. Have a feeling it'll be well short of a sellout.

It's already sold out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum