GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Rangers - Nov 19, 2017, 7:00pm

+2
tim1_2
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Senators won't have to wait long to get the taste of yesterday's loss to the league's worst team out of their mouths. Anderson will get the start at MSG, where he usually plays very well. The Rangers were on a six game winning streak before they lost two straight on a brief road trip, prompting Vigneault to shuffle his lines - only the top line remains intact.

Preview:
https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/ott-vs-nyr/2017/11/19/2017020307#game=2017020307,game_state=preview

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This will be the first time the two teams have met since the Senators eliminated the Rangers in six games last season.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Paul will be the 12th forward, Ben Harpur will sit.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Im not feeling optimistic. Probably mean we win?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev's theory is that a team must always go 1-1 on back to backs, so we have to win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rangers coming home from a road trip, although short one. Two game losing streak but 6 straight wins before that. Could set up a trap game for the Rangers.

Sens coming in on a 2 game losing streak of their own, but both at home. Back to back, but after an afternoon game at least they didn't have to travel overnight.

I think it will come down to goaltending and special teams.

Like every game, pretty much.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So at what point do we stop making excuses for the team?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very poor showing. 2 points gifted to a crappy team. Poor.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Very poor showing.  2 points gifted to a crappy team.  Poor.

You’re calling the rangers crappy? They were the favourites tonight

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:So at what point do we stop making excuses for the team?

This is the kind of post you make if you’re the oilers or some crap team. I hate how whenever we have slumps people say we’re shut and the sky is falling. The sens are fine. There’s no reason to dwell on it and make excuses or not make excuses. It’s literallt just the grind of the season

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I agree with Ev on this one. Every team hits a slump at some point in the season, and it's not surprising ours came after the Sweden trip. Duchene will take a few games to adjust, as will Bobby, who looked out of sync last night.

I felt sick watching Boro lay on the ice...he was our best player up to that point last night. I'm guessing Harpur gets the call up, but hey, maybe it's Chabot given that our offense is struggling.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

Not a fan of the makeup of that team and lundqvist is really overrated in my opine.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

Not a fan of the makeup of that team and lundqvist is really overrated in my opine.

The Rags are a decent team and we were on the back half of a back to back that included travel. Lundqvist also played really well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

This is the kind of post you make if you’re the oilers or some crap team. I hate how whenever we have slumps people say we’re shut and the sky is falling. The sens are fine. There’s no reason to dwell on it and make excuses or not make excuses. It’s literallt just the grind of the season

Again. The reason why we are so high in the standings is because we have so many looser points. We aren’t beating the teams we should be supposed to beat if we were true contenders. Sure we may not be crapping the bed like the oilers but if our time is now we have to be a lot better than we are.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Again. The reason why we are so high in the standings is because we have so many looser points. We aren’t beating the teams we should be supposed to beat if we were true contenders. Sure we may not be crapping the bed like the oilers but if our time is now we have to be a lot better than we are.

We're in the exact same spot we were last season at this point in time. We just had a major lineup change (Duchene for Turris) and Bobby is just coming back and is a notoriously slow starter. Give it some time. We're in the mix, which is where we need to be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum