GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Bruins - Dec 27, 2017, 7:00pm

+2
Flo The Action
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman needs to be moved. Simple as that. Too lazy for a guy who doesn’t even score that much

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

I’d move Hoffman Pageau and Ceci

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Hoffman needs to be moved. Simple as that. Too lazy for a guy who doesn’t even score that much

Yeah, I'd be OK with that. He has shown that he just isn't willing or able to change his game at all. He's a perimeter player who doesn't hit his shot that often.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Hoffman needs to be moved. Simple as that. Too lazy for a guy who doesn’t even score that much

Yeah, I'd be OK with that.  He has shown that he just isn't willing or able to change his game at all.  He's a perimeter player who doesn't hit his shot that often.

Why on earth would you move Pageau? He’s one of our true heart and soul players. I don’t think would be huge for Pageau, certainly not worth trading him compared to what he brings.

Hoffman I could get behind that trade if the return is solid. Smith sure. Ceci, i expect it!

But not Pageau.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Pageau is paid too much going forward. 3.3next year then 3.4.   He’s a nice piece on a competitive team as a 3/4 centre but he will be blocking White and Brown moving forward.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe White would be better as a winter anyway.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But we have to move one of Smith or Pageau. Pageau kills the Habs, so he gets my vote.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Pageau is paid too much going forward. 3.3next year then 3.4.   He’s a nice piece on a competitive team as a 3/4 centre but he will be blocking White and Brown moving forward.
If Brassard gets moved we’ll be happy to have Pageau.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brassard is making $3.5M (actual salary). He's not getting moved. Pageau is a great 3LC who can elevate his game (when he plays the Habs or scores 4 on Lundqvist); he can fill in as a 2LC on a short-term basis, but he is not a full-time 2LC. Given how he also kills penalties and hits, yeah, we'll be happy to have him, but as a 3LC.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Was listening to TSN690 on the way in this morning. I haven't realized that Pacioretty has 1 goal in his last 20 games. I know the guy is streaky but, man. They think it's because of the 'C', although one of the guys did agree with me, saying he can't score if the D can't move the puck to him. Whether carrying it out or a nice tape-to-tape pass when he's in full flight, they are missing that component of their game something awful. I'm sure a guy like PK or Markov or Beaulieu or Sergachev could help.

Anyhow, another interesting thing they mentioned (which I also agree with) is that in today's NHL you can no-longer get away with two scoring lines, one checking/shut-down line and an energy line. Guys like Dumont, Pyatt, Thompson, DiDomenico, Burrows and even, to a lesser extent, Smith, are best suited for those bottom-six roles from '90s hockey. You need *some* players like that (so long as they bring other necessary skills like killing penalties, taking draws, etc.) but you don't need six of them.

So don't bring up a guy like Chlapik and then put him on the 4th line with Burrows and Thompson. You don't need am *energy* line and you certainly don't want a guy who led his team in every offensive category while also leading in PIMs to just be an energy guy who plays 8 minutes.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It'd be great to roll 3 or 4 lines that could score, we just don't have the guys on entry-level contracts right now that can do that (or a coach willing to play them). Maybe when White/Batherson/Formenton/Brown/etc are ready to step up...maybe two years from now.

I think Pyatt has proved he's a valuable bottom 6 guy. Smith hasn't really been himself this year at all. I think a spot that a guy like Dumont is taking should just be a rotation in of guys from Belleville for the rest of the year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Brassard is making $3.5M (actual salary).  He's not getting moved.  Pageau is a great 3LC who can elevate his game (when he plays the Habs or scores 4 on Lundqvist); he can fill in as a 2LC on a short-term basis, but he is not a full-time 2LC.  Given how he also kills penalties and hits, yeah, we'll be happy to have him, but as a 3LC.  

Well depending on how we approach the next two years. Yeah I agree that ideally Pageau isn’t more than a great 3rd line C. But if we do go through a mini rebuild then we could survive having Pageau centering the second line until Brown or white take it over.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think only a retool it's needed. Andy will rebound like he always does, Karlsson will return to form after a summer of training and over his surgery, Oduya will be gone, a couple of players will be waived or bought out. Brady Tkachuk will push guys like White and Brown and Chlapik. Good times ahead.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I think only a retool it's needed. Andy will rebound like he always does, Karlsson will return to form after a summer of training and over his surgery, Oduya will be gone, a couple of players will be waived or bought out. Brady Tkachuk will push guys like White and Brown and Chlapik. Good times ahead.

See I completely agree with you but that’s only if we manage to retain kalrsson and duchene. Do you want to go into next season with uncertainty over those two guys? That’s a major gamble. Maybe it’s worth it though. Maybe if they do have a good year both will want to resign. Maybe the ownership situation looks completely different one year from now also.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum