GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators @ Devils - Oct 27 2017, 7:00PM

+2
tim1_2
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Senators @ Devils - Oct 27 2017, 7:00PM Empty Senators @ Devils - Oct 27 2017, 7:00PM Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:07 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kyle Turris still out according to Bruce. Zack Smith says he hopes to play. He got injured against these same Devils 8 days ago.

The Sens certainly didn't bore anyone to death with a 5-4 thriller that shouldn't have been (they had a 3-goal lead 3 times). The win draws them even with the mighty Leafs at 14 points through 10 games. This one will be tougher.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson faced 40 shots. He's probably getting the night off.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Boucher said he wants to play Anderson Monday against the Habs, so I imagine Condon starts tonight. Also, he said Rodewald might draw into the lineup for "fresh legs". Hey Rodewald! Hope you're prepared for your 5 minutes of ice time!

Wideman left the game last night after the hit from Gudas, but Boucher said he's fine. So maybe they go 7D again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Boucher said he wants to play Anderson Monday against the Habs, so I imagine Condon starts tonight.  Also, he said Rodewald might draw into the lineup for "fresh legs".  Hey Rodewald!  Hope you're prepared for your 5 minutes of ice time!

Yeah, don't blink.

tim1_2 wrote:Wideman left the game last night after the hit from Gudas, but Boucher said he's fine.  So maybe they go 7D again.

I know he didn't finish the game, but he only had about 11 minutes and it was pretty late in the game. Why is he giving Wideman no more than about 15 minutes while playing the hell out of Oduya. Johnny's icing was what queued up the Flyers' comeback. If not for that, who knows, maybe they get the empty-netter and win 6-2.

By the way, what does every one think of the Gudas hit? When I first saw it I though it was ok, except for the shoulder follow-through to the head. Then I realized that Gudas was in the corner of the *offensive* zone. Very predatory hit. Boro does his share of hunting but he's usually patrolling the far blue line or center ice; I've never seen him lay someone out at their own goal line.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rodewald brings speed and a nose for the net. He could help mitigate the possible fatigue factor with our forwards.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Boucher said he wants to play Anderson Monday against the Habs, so I imagine Condon starts tonight.  Also, he said Rodewald might draw into the lineup for "fresh legs".  Hey Rodewald!  Hope you're prepared for your 5 minutes of ice time!

Yeah, don't blink.

tim1_2 wrote:Wideman left the game last night after the hit from Gudas, but Boucher said he's fine.  So maybe they go 7D again.

I know he didn't finish the game, but he only had about 11 minutes and it was pretty late in the game.  Why is he giving Wideman no more than about 15 minutes while playing the hell out of Oduya.  Johnny's icing was what queued up the Flyers' comeback.  If not for that, who knows, maybe they get the empty-netter and win 6-2.

By the way, what does every one think of the Gudas hit?  When I first saw it I though it was ok, except for the shoulder follow-through to the head.  Then I realized that Gudas was in the corner of the *offensive* zone.  Very predatory hit.  Boro does his share of hunting but he's usually patrolling the far blue line or center ice; I've never seen him lay someone out at their own goal line.

Gudas left his feet on the hit, so right there he deserved to get kicked out. Wouldn't be surprised if he got a game or two suspension given his history.

As SSF points out, Rodewald brings speed, so maybe that will prompt Guy to use him more.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So chlapik out, rodewald in?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who knows anymore. If Wideman's neck stiffened up overnight and he can't play they'll probably go with 12 forwards. But since Smith says he hopes to be ready they would still need one healthy scratch.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Yeah, don't blink.

I know he didn't finish the game, but he only had about 11 minutes and it was pretty late in the game.  Why is he giving Wideman no more than about 15 minutes while playing the hell out of Oduya.  Johnny's icing was what queued up the Flyers' comeback.  If not for that, who knows, maybe they get the empty-netter and win 6-2.

By the way, what does every one think of the Gudas hit?  When I first saw it I though it was ok, except for the shoulder follow-through to the head.  Then I realized that Gudas was in the corner of the *offensive* zone.  Very predatory hit.  Boro does his share of hunting but he's usually patrolling the far blue line or center ice; I've never seen him lay someone out at their own goal line.

Gudas left his feet on the hit, so right there he deserved to get kicked out.  Wouldn't be surprised if he got a game or two suspension given his history.

As SSF points out, Rodewald brings speed, so maybe that will prompt Guy to use him more.

How do you leave your feet? Naughty

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sounds like Smith and Wideman are game time decisions tonight.... Condon starts.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This team man! Ahhhhh!

Since Boucher has come to Ottawa you just don’t feel like there’s anything they can’t do!
Im sure teams dread playing ottawa.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Johansson is such a steal for the devils. What te hell were the caps thinking? Did they not shop him?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’ll take that point!

14Senators @ Devils - Oct 27 2017, 7:00PM Empty Re: Senators @ Devils - Oct 27 2017, 7:00PM Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You're kidding. I turned it off.

15Senators @ Devils - Oct 27 2017, 7:00PM Empty Re: Senators @ Devils - Oct 27 2017, 7:00PM Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:01 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't believe it lol. They flatlined so bad in the 2nd half of that game that when the pvr stopped, I didn't even bother switching it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum