GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Sabres - Dec 12, 2017, 7:00PM

+2
tim1_2
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The road trip from (to?) hell finally comes to an end as the Senators face one of the only two clubs ahead of them in the quest to land the next Erik Karlsson. Questions remain unanswered as more questions are piled on top of this fire tire of a "professional" hockey team. Will they trade away Pageau and Hoffman (what ever would Dumont do)? Are they really thinking of moving Karlsson (hey, with Dahlen in sight...) or merely letting him know they were not amused? Are Dorion and Boucher on the hot seat after coming within a double overtime goal of going to the Stanley Cup finals? If this season doomed because of the Turris trade or did the downfall start when Lyndon Slewidge and his magnificent pipes were shown the door in the summer?

Tune in tonight to find out. Or don't. I hear there's a football game on.

Go Sens.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lyndon Slewidge didn't have his contract renewed in the summer of 2016, not this year.

I'm assuming it'll be Robin Lehner looking to add to our woes tonight.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m fully on board team trade Karlsson now.

The team would be far better off using 12 million to split over two players.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I’m fully on board team trade Karlsson now.

Seems like the wrong thread for this....I dunno, I'd want to see the return we'd get. I'd maybe trade him if we got an incredible young d-man in return, plus a couple other BIG assets, but I think I'd much rather sign him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Seems like the wrong thread for this....I dunno, I'd want to see the return we'd get.  I'd maybe trade him if we got an incredible young d-man in return, plus a couple other BIG assets, but I think I'd much rather sign him.

I think there’s a bigger loss not factored in losing kalrsson and that’s loosing a generational talent in Ottawa. It could easily signal an exodus out of the franchise. It’s not just loosing a player but also a big reason for other players to be in Ottawa. I am extremely against trading him. The return would have to be in the realm of the Lindros trade. Several blue chip sure fire prospects. Something that would blow any trade out of the water in the last 20 years. And that ain’t happening.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

No way I move Karlsson with 2 exceptions.   First if he refuses to resign then you deal him early in July or second, if he wants more than 12. Before the cap increase was announced I was thing 11.5 max but an 80M potential cap changes things.  I think less thane 15% of the cap in year 1 of an 8 year deal is fair value.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:

No way I move Karlsson with 2 exceptions.   First if he refuses to resign then you deal him early in July or second, if he wants more than 12. Before the cap increase was announced I was thing 11.5 max but an 80M potential cap changes things.  I think less thane 15% of the cap in year 1 of an 8 year deal is fair value.
Kalrsson said he wanted fair value. He’s not gonna ask for more than McDavid. Point.

I also agree. If he wants out then you do have to maximize his value, obviously.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I think the fact Doughty said what he said actually helps the Sens. Nobody is giving Doughty 12 x 8.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is all 2 day old news. Today Dean said that the players (including Karlsson) were asked for their acceptable trade teams September, as is common for all teams. However this may have been the first time Karlsson has been asked. Everyone is taking because they think the team *just* asked everyone as a consequence of the losing streak.

That said, a trade is very possible if they don't start winning.

As for replacing Karlsson, if it comes to that, we have Chabot and we may get Dahlen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Lyndon Slewidge didn't have his contract renewed in the summer of 2016, not this year.

Don't let facts get in the way of comedy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Seems like the wrong thread for this....I dunno, I'd want to see the return we'd get.  I'd maybe trade him if we got an incredible young d-man in return, plus a couple other BIG assets, but I think I'd much rather sign him.

I think there’s a bigger loss not factored in losing kalrsson and that’s loosing a generational talent in Ottawa. It could easily signal an exodus out of the franchise. It’s not just loosing a player but also a big reason for other players to be in Ottawa. I am extremely against trading him. The return would have to be in the realm of the Lindros trade. Several blue chip sure fire prospects. Something that would blow any trade out of the water in the last 20 years. And that ain’t happening.

Don't see how that's true at all. If that's true, we'd have a lot more free agent signings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I actually was going to ask "Name one big-name free agent who signed here because of Karlsson".

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

By the same note, how many potential FAs stayed due to him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:This is all 2 day old news. Today Dean said that the players (including Karlsson) were asked for their acceptable trade teams September, as is common for all teams. However this may have been the first time Karlsson has been asked. Everyone is taking because they think the team *just* asked everyone as a consequence of the losing streak.

That said, a trade is very possible if they don't start winning.

As for replacing Karlsson, if it comes to that, we have Chabot and we may get Dahlen.
Let’s not even go there. Remember how Buffalo had McDavid? Yeah....

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Don't see how that's true at all. If that's true, we'd have a lot more free agent signings.
remember the budget?
Also I meant it as it might not give incentive for current players to remain long term.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum