GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #68: Bolts @ Sens, Mar 14, 2017, 7:30pm

+4
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Happy #PiDay!  If you are into the sweet variety @AndrewBerkshire from Habs Twitter had a thread for top five pies. Meanwhile, on the Sens side, @Gerv_Rebrand tackled the best pizzas in Ottawa.

The Sens find themselves at the #2 position both in the Atlantic and in ESPN's Power Ranking (with the Pens above and Flames below).  A six game winning streak had Ottawa atop the Division for about a day. With two games in hand (one of which they will use this week) they have a chance to reclaim the lead before facing Montreal in a pair of back to back games over the weekend.

The schedule makers have once again smiled on the Senators by providing an opponent playing their second game on consecutive nights. In addition to being tired, the Lighting are dealing with injuries as they had three of their centers go down in one game.  Namestnikov played last night after only missing one game, but it looks like Johnson and Paquette will take a little longer. Don't forget that their 1LC, Stamkos, has been on the IR since November, and they traded away Boyle and Filppula at the deadline. Despite all these missing centers the Lightning still managed to beat the Rangers last night, making this an​ EGW™ game night at the CTC.

Expecting Anderson and Vasilevsky as the starters.  Turris will draw back in.  Stone is week to week.

Go Sens Go!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Montreal hosts the Blackhawks tonight; we will play then on Tuesday -- that will be one of the games in hand. Hoping for a Chicago win in an injury filled game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is from the last game against the Sens, a 5-1 win by the Bolts. Kucherov had a natural hattrick, scoring all three goals from the same place, all on the powerplay, all in the second period. This team may be missing Stamkos, Johnson and Paquette, but they still have Kucherov and Drouin and Hedman and Point (who scored two last night, and one in the 5-1 win). Sens have done well since that game, winning six straight, but I hope that 5-1 drubbing still stings a little.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Preview: http://scores.espn.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400885424

Lightning are within one point of the last wildcard spot, although the Islanders also hold a game in hand. They are tied on points with the Islanders, but have 2 fewer ROWs. The Lightning have collected 13 points over their last 8 games and a win tonight (combined with a Leafs regulation loss to Florida) would put them back in a playoff spot. This one is not going to be a gimme.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Breaking: Anderson not on the ice and Sens have recalled Driedger from Bingo.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like Condon will start. Remember I said we could lose Anderson again for a while, as Nicholle undergoes more chemo? This could be it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson has a lower body injury. Not Nicholle. Phew.

Sounds like both Turris and Ryan will play. So who comes out?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's never good news when your #1 goalie has an injury, but man, that is a relief.

I am having a hard time keeping up with the lines lately, but I assume with Varone back to Bingo, then DiDomenico comes out?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:It's never good news when your #1 goalie has an injury, but man, that is a relief.  

I am having a hard time keeping up with the lines lately, but I assume with Varone back to Bingo, then DiDomenico comes out?
fair assumption

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really dislike playing this team.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Really dislike playing this team.

Me too. Vasilevski in net (Budaj played last night). Still no Stamkos. Winnable game.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Looks like Condon will start.  Remember I said we could lose Anderson again for a while, as Nicholle undergoes more chemo?  This could be it.

Nope. LBI.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Looks like Condon will start.  Remember I said we could lose Anderson again for a while, as Nicholle undergoes more chemo?  This could be it.

Nope. LBI.

ThisJustIn!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:

Nope. LBI.

ThisJustIn!

Still not a good thing. We need these points (and upcoming points against Montreal).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:

Nope. LBI.

ThisJustIn!

Lol. I know. I typed that but didn't hit "send" right away. When I finally did it didn't give me the usual "new post" msg. It just posted. So...meh  Shrug

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum