GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #68: Bolts @ Sens, Mar 14, 2017, 7:30pm

+4
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Tampa bay is the most dangerous team in the east other than Washington and Pittsburgh.  So good and so much better than most teams in the east.

We were lucky to get a point,  obviously.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Karlsson looked tired (actually looked lazy but I'm giving him the benefit of doubt).

Turris' timing was a little off.

Ryan ... deleted his Twitter account.

Agreed. I hoped he'd get off about 10 seconds earlier after his rush back into the Ottawa end when he looked gassed racing for the puck. 

Condon went full beast mode. What a game from him! Thanks for the point, Condon.

I thought the whole Ryan line looked off...

Tampa is scary good. If they make the playoffs they will be dangerous.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

If Tampa makes the playoffs they will have a rested Stamkos. They will have a third line centered by Johnson or Point or Namestnikov. A powerplay with Hedman as the QB and Stamkos/Kucherov as the triggermen on both sides.

That said, where was this team the last three months?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess we looked more tired than a "tired team" again, eh? Laugh1 Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boucher have them two days off. Maybe he should have given them only one and then skipped the game-day practice. Except it was scheduled already as an open practice for fans.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Boucher have them two days off. Maybe he should have given them only one and then skipped the game-day practice. Except it was scheduled already as an open practice for fans.

I guess he thought he was doing the boys a solid and would be rewarded with an honest effort. He really doesn't know this team.

GDT - Game #68: Bolts @ Sens,  Mar 14, 2017, 7:30pm - Page 3 852933671

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's one game. After winning six with significant injuries. Let's see how the rebound against the Hawks. Kane tied for the league lead in scoring. Crawford with the top SV%. Those Hawks.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Crawford with the top SV%. Those Hawks.

Wrong. Scott Darling has the top save %. Crawford is 10th on that list.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Not a good game, but they managed to get a point (Condon). I'll take that. Next!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

Wrong.  Scott Darling has the top save %.  Crawford is 10th on that list.

Lol...did you go to the second page, prags? Just for context, Crawford has a .920. Anderson has a .930, not to mention guys like Holtby, Dubnyk, and Bob who are well ahead of Crawford.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Wrong.  Scott Darling has the top save %.  Crawford is 10th on that list.

Lol...did you go to the second page, prags? Just for context, Crawford has a .920. Anderson has a .930, not to mention guys like Holtby, Dubnyk, and Bob who are well ahead of Crawford.

I think I must have scrolled and saw CHI, and assumed Crawford.

In that case I hope he is only mildly concussed--not enough to get him out of the lineup, but enough to prevent him from tracking the puck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kane is still tied for the league scoring lead, though, right?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The disturbing thing for me personally was how many quality shots were generated by TB. They were all over us for almost the entire game - and it's not really evidenced in the shots as much as if you watched the game. I'd say for every 1 quality chance we got, they had 3 or 4 using crisp passing and a higher level of skill.

Probably what Ottawa's missing is a guy like Kucherov - a slick, skilled, young superstar. Man...that guy's dynamite.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens drew *one* power play (the too many men is self inflicted, Sens had nothing to do with it).

I'm not saying the refs were bad or that we would have won if we had more power plays. It's just that the level of play was too low. You draw penalties when you hustle.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Sens drew *one* power play (the too many men is self inflicted, Sens had nothing to do with it).

I'm not saying the refs were bad or that we would have won if we had more power plays. It's just that the level of play was too low.  You draw penalties when you hustle.

They lagged at times, but Tampa out hustled, out skilled, out passed and generally out worked us. It was pretty worrisome to see - because this isn't the first time they've manhandled us. Again, it's the natural evolution that we'll have to face where this team is pointed in the right direction, but isn't able to keep up with the big boys yet.

Not that I'm down on the team, they're very good, but this was disturbing - made worse by the fact that TB had played the night before.

Also...I love Chris Kelly and what he's brought this year, but I'd also love to have someone in his spot who has some semblance of offense in their game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The fourth line is still an issue. Better than it was with Lazar battling Neil for offensive futility, but imagine if we have White centering that line, instead. And while I don't mind Wingels, he hasn't exactly five very much.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:Sens drew *one* power play (the too many men is self inflicted, Sens had nothing to do with it).

I'm not saying the refs were bad or that we would have won if we had more power plays. It's just that the level of play was too low.  You draw penalties when you hustle.

They lagged at times, but Tampa out hustled, out skilled, out passed and generally out worked us.  It was pretty worrisome to see - because this isn't the first time they've manhandled us.  Again, it's the natural evolution that we'll have to face where this team is pointed in the right direction, but isn't able to keep up with the big boys yet.

Not that I'm down on the team, they're very good, but this was disturbing - made worse by the fact that TB had played the night before.

Also...I love Chris Kelly and what he's brought this year, but I'd also love to have someone in his spot who has some semblance of offense in their game.
Tampa is on a roll and playing desperate. The Sens might not want to admit it, but it's only natural that they are feeling like they are in the playoffs and can let the foot of the gas. A nice drubbing by the Hawks might get their attention before facing Prags team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

They lagged at times, but Tampa out hustled, out skilled, out passed and generally out worked us.  It was pretty worrisome to see - because this isn't the first time they've manhandled us.  Again, it's the natural evolution that we'll have to face where this team is pointed in the right direction, but isn't able to keep up with the big boys yet.

Tampa is on a roll and playing desperate.  The Sens might not want to admit it, but it's only natural that they are feeling like they are in the playoffs and can let the foot of the gas.  A nice drubbing by the Hawks might get their attention before facing Prags team.

Hopefully.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum