GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #30: Sharks @ Sens, Dec 14, 2016, 7:00pm

+3
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Mendes had an interesting take given Boucher's screaming practice (TSN had the video).  If they respond and do well, this could be a turning point.

Ya, I don't see it as him "losing the room" or anything like that. It sounds like it was a calculated explosion. If the Sens bounce back tonight, it'll be pretty clear that this approach worked. If they dog it, then it'll be a problem. 

FWIW, I listened to The Drive when they had Dorion on. He couldn't have been more glowing about Boucher and Crawford and the entire coaching staff. He said that it was by far the best thing he's done as GM, hiring those guys. HCGB isn't going anywhere.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Mendes had an interesting take given Boucher's screaming practice (TSN had the video).  If they respond and do well, this could be a turning point.

And if they fire back at the coach by laying an egg... it could also be turning point. Did Mendes figure that out as well?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I don't think I'll watch.  It's too predictable.  If we lose by 3, it'd be considered a moral 'victory' and I really don't feel like partaking in a moral victory tonight.

This is ban-worthy. You're assuming that they'll lose by 3? Diddle that. 

Final score prediction: 5-1 Sens. Hoff with a hattie. Condon loses his shutout bid in the last 2 minutes.
I wondered who would say somethingabout that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
spader wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I don't think I'll watch.  It's too predictable.  If we lose by 3, it'd be considered a moral 'victory' and I really don't feel like partaking in a moral victory tonight.

This is ban-worthy. You're assuming that they'll lose by 3? Diddle that. 

Final score prediction: 5-1 Sens. Hoff with a hattie. Condon loses his shutout bid in the last 2 minutes.
I wondered who would say somethingabout that.

Keep saying it. We're hanging in there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I must say we're staying in it.  I still expect bad stuff coming

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is that you or me that just jinxed that?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Is that you or me that just jinxed that?
Not me

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This team's showing some balls tonight.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not sure how I feel about putting Neil out there. It was actually not a bad play but if we miss the playoffs by 1 point....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh,  we kept pace with a much better team.  bank that point and move on

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How many games for Hoffman?  1 because of no priors?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ryan was actually playing like the real ryan  tonight, he was great.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Ryan was actually playing like the real ryan  tonight, he was great.
Hopefully he gets going.
It's hard to say what is up with him. There's obviously some injury issues he's been plagued with but more than that I think he's developed some psychological related blockage where I think he doesn't trust himself.
You'de think that if anyone can unblock him it will be Boucher.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tough loss for the Ottawa Sens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think Hoffman should have gotten more than 2. Very selfish penalty and likely cost us the game. But it was far from the worst cross check I've seen, even in church league (actually those are probably some of the worst, so nevermind).

I honestly think that Couture was selling something.

Edit: just rewatched a few replays. I'll take it back if he misses a few games but I doubt it. Stick tap to the top of the helmet, not the back of the neck (remember Crosby?) and looked like just a glancing blow. Clearly a penalty but it didn't look hard enough to drop a peewee player, much less an NHL vet. I think he embellished.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

All that said, Hoffman took a very selfish penalty, there, absolutely unnecessary. Couture didn't do anything remotely questionable, just a little shove on a puck carrier. Was it late? Don't think so.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No. Not late at all. Hoffman still had the puck, and a very light cross check to the back. He was probably trying to do the same in return except Couture didn't have the puck and he went too high.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow, a lot happened in that game. Good effort overall, but it sucks to give up the late lead and then lose the extra point.

On Hoffman: I always have said he reminds me of James Neal. He has a great shot, and is a total bunghole. That was an incredibly selfish move, and he deserves the suspension that is coming to him (minimum two games). Such a stupid play. Thank goodness we got that PP goal overturned due to the offside.

On the Karlsson/Vlasic thing: Well, Hoffman got 5 minutes, Vlasic should've got 5 minutes too. Obviously missed by the refs, and then Turris getting himself removed for 17 minutes sucked, as he's maybe our best forward.

On Turris fighting/Neil in the shootout: Neither of these things helped us win the game, but the bigger picture thing here is that it helps bring a team together. Boucher putting Neil in the shootout shows everybody in the Sens locker room that the coach legitimately cares about his players. It was a great move, and the timing after the "tough practice" was perfect. Love it. Same on Turris...Vlasic needed to pay, and Turris was showing why he has the "A" on his jersey. Again, love it.

Anyway, hopefully this is a bit of a rallying point for the team and we can demolish New Jersey on Saturday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum