GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

+4
Ev
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I believe Matrix will start again. I have no idea if they'll go with 6 or 7 D, as Methot has an injury, and Wideman is just coming back from one...so maybe 7 D again in case someone can't finish the game?

No changes up front, unless Puempel gets back in if they only dress 6 D.

Philly has given up the most goals in the league.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd love to have a game where we score 6 goals in the first and coast the rest of the way. This no-scoring nonsense is dry as a bone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With Methot out they can't go 7D unless someone is called up. Bingo to Philly is just a 3 hour drive down the I-81. So we may not hear of a call up until tomorrow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:I'd love to have a game where we score 6 goals in the first and coast the rest of the way.  This no-scoring nonsense is dry as a bone.

Well, Philly are tied with Calgary for the league "lead" in goals allowed. 3.63 goals against per game. That's worse than the Leafs' 3.60. We may just bust out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I'd love to have a game where we score 6 goals in the first and coast the rest of the way.  This no-scoring nonsense is dry as a bone.

Well, Philly are tied with Calgary for the league "lead" in goals allowed.  3.63 goals against per game.  That's worse than the Leafs' 3.60.  We may just bust out.

No sir, we'll make Mason or whoever look like Hasek. That's the Sens 2016/17 for better or worse.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I mean...Darcy Keumper or whatever his name is looked pretty amazing for Minny last night. And he isn't anything of the sort.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

he's still good.

We will start scoring soon.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:he's still good.

I love the optimism but when was the last time you were correct?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:

how about being correct about us being a great team this season?

It's not even my opinion that we will start scoring soon. It's basic fact. It's pretty well impossible for the team not to score more goals soon.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stats say we'll start scoring soon, but it's painful so far.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:

It's not even my opinion that we will start scoring soon. It's basic fact. It's pretty well impossible for the team not to score more goals soon.

I hope you're right. I don't agree that the sens have been 'great' this year. I'd say they've benefited from a very generous schedule and overcome some offensive obstacles. I would say goaltending and PK have been great. 5-on-5 play is OK and power-play is a big FAIL. Scoring speaks for itself.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoff-Machine wrote:
Ev wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:

I hope you're right.  I don't agree that the sens have been 'great' this year.  I'd say they've benefited from a very generous schedule and overcome some offensive obstacles.  I would say goaltending and PK have been great.  5-on-5 play is OK and power-play is a big FAIL.  Scoring speaks for itself.  

I'd agree. I think that one encouraging bit of info is that Boucher apparently said last week (or thereabout) that the team has focused on defense and PK in practice so far and hasn't really touched the PP or offensive side much yet. If the coaching staff can make a impact on O the way they have on D, this team'll be fine.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:I mean...Darcy Keumper or whatever his name is looked pretty amazing for Minny last night.  And he isn't anything of the sort.

He made one fantasticfantastic save, and Hoffman made one fantastic miss. Minny is a really good defensive team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:
Ev wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:

I hope you're right.  I don't agree that the sens have been 'great' this year.  I'd say they've benefited from a very generous schedule and overcome some offensive obstacles.  I would say goaltending and PK have been great.  5-on-5 play is OK and power-play is a big FAIL.  Scoring speaks for itself.  

I'd agree. I think that one encouraging bit of info is that Boucher apparently said last week (or thereabout) that the team has focused on defense and PK in practice so far and hasn't really touched the PP or offensive side much yet. If the coaching staff can make a impact on O the way they have on D, this team'll be fine.

This team was top ten in the league in scoring last season. PP wasn't very good. Now the PP is downright awful. But it should take less time to fix the offense because they are better at it to start with.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm 824034342

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum