GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #27: Sens @ Sharks, Dec 7, 2016, 10:30pm

+5
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The 15-9-2 Sens drop by the 15-9-1 Sharks to start this year's California roll (mmm, sushi). Two years ago here (California) is where the magic started. This time around, though, another hero may have emerged. With two shutouts in his five starts for Ottawa, Condon is likely to get the stay tonight and most nights, until Anderson returns.

Preview:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/ottawa-senators-san-jose-sharks-20161207/Preview

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sharks have given up the league low 51 goals, that's 2.04 per game. They also haven't played since Friday, so hopefully s little rusty. Sens need to get on them right away and do everything they can to score first. If the Sharks get ahead this game may be over.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pierre and the boys were talking about how many points it would take to make the playoffs this year.     The Caps have the last wildcard spot with 31 points in 24 games, that's on pace for nearly 106 points. It's all the three point games, last night there were three OT and another in a shootout. So we could have a 100 point team not making the playoffs.

The Sens need points. They are just 1 up on the Bruins and 2 up on Tampa. If they slip out of the top three in the Atlantic then they are already one point behind the Flyers and only 1 up on the Caps, who hold two games in hand.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Must win game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens' power play is up to 17th. Not long ago they were at the very bottom.

However their shots against per game are 22nd (used to be top ten early on the season).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Pierre and the boys were talking about how many points it would take to make the playoffs this year.     The Caps have the last wildcard spot with 31 points in 24 games, that's on pace for nearly 106 points. It's all the three point games, last night there were three OT and another in a shootout. So we could have a 100 point team not making the playoffs.

The Sens need points. They are just 1 up on the Bruins and 2 up on Tampa. If they slip out of the top three in the Atlantic then they are already one point behind the Flyers and only 1 up on the Caps, who hold two games in hand.
i agree that our place in the wildcard standings isn't a very good reflection of how precarious our chance at making the playoffs is.
we have to string a few wins together. and then some.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Certainly not a must win game. Ottawa could lose the next 3 and still be right in the mix.

Remember a couple years ago when the Hamburglar was born on the California trip? Well, maybe the same will happen for Condon.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Certainly not a must win game.  Ottawa could lose the next 3 and still be right in the mix.

Remember a couple years ago when the Hamburglar was born on the California trip?  Well, maybe the same will happen for Condon.

Boston is playing reasonably well and Tampa can turn it on at any time.
if we drop out of the top 3 in our division forget about it. the metropolitan is really strong this year. we'll be fighting for our lives.

that said, Condon is playing fairly well, which is a testament of our team playing better defensively and a bigger testament at how terrible the Habs were playing last year. we could pull above playing .500 but lets be honest, we need to be better than that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Certainly not a must win game.  Ottawa could lose the next 3 and still be right in the mix.

Remember a couple years ago when the Hamburglar was born on the California trip?  Well, maybe the same will happen for Condon.

A must win as far as me hating when we lose.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hammond's run was epic and historic. Condon, on the other hand, has already arrived. He's playing extremely well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

Hammond's run was epic and historic. Condon, on the other hand, has already arrived. He's playing extremely well.

as much as we want to place all this in the hands of the goaltenders i feel most of our problems in keeping us in the W column has to do with injuries. ryan, mac and now lazar (who knows how 100% methot will be) we are really going in games without 2 of our top 6 wingers. i don't know how we can expect to keep winning.
I know that dorion is trying to add a top 9 guy and kudos to him for that but it's a top 6 LW we really need. he said that those types of deal don't exist at this time of year and apart from a guy like Kane which we'd do best to stay away from he might be right but i'm also unsure he's willing to dangle our 1st with possibly another piece.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The "must win" was in jest.

The Condominator. I could get behind that.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All the condom jokes in the world and I still haven't heard a good nickname for Condon. "Condominator" is actually pretty good.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

yeaaaaahh welcome to my time zone bitches!!!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:yeaaaaahh welcome to my time zone Wing Dang Doodle!!!
i was just thinking how ridiculously late this game is and how i have to get up at 7am for an exam tomorrow morning. i'm hoping the game is boring so i can fall asleep to it (but at least win it)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum