GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #9: Hurricanes @ Sens, Nov 1, 2016, 7:30pm

+4
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Will there be a big emotional let down after the huge win in Edmonton on Sunday?  Will Chabot get some ice time?  

I'm guessing that Matrix will start and the lines will remain the same other than Chabot maybe getting in on D.

Update:

Here's the lines:

Hoffman - Turris - Pyatt
Dzingel - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Puempel - Kelly - Neil

Methot - EK
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boro - Wideman

Anderson to start.

Chabot scratched.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

On paper we should win this one easily. It's a trap game, for sure. Good thing that Boucher is very knowledgeable in this area Smile

Putting in Chabot really doesn't make sense from a coaching point of view. They just beat one of the top teams 2-0, unless someone is banged up, you go with the same lineup. Also, who would you take out? Or are you suggesting going with 7D and sitting Puempel? That would be the only way I'd do it.

A win here and, like I said earlier, could go on a nice little run.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Winnable game.  5-2 sens, Karlsson with 5 points, Hoffman with the hat trick

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Carolina is a team that always seems to beat us, and this would be the classic letdown after a huge victory. Need I remind anyone of the Joe Corvo hat trick??

That said, they are a pretty bad team and I imagine the team will still be rallying to support Andy any way they can.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They better win Saturday. My first game back since December 1st, 2015 and I got me some kick Donkey seats in Row A of 224!!

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:Winnable game.  5-2 sens, Karlsson with 5 points, Hoffman with the hat trick

Stop jinxing them LOL.

I'll say 3-1 Sens with a goal by Stone.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They always have a hard time in Raleigh. I'm not sure of their record against them at home. I'll go out on a limb and say Joe Corvo is not getting another hattrick tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nice seats by the way.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:They always have a hard time in Raleigh. I'm not sure of their record against them at home. I'll go out on a limb and say Joe Corvo is not getting another hattrick tonight.

ThisJustIn!

The Hurricanes have signed Joe Corvo to a PTO.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson, Driedger, and O'Connor are all on the ice for practice today...no Hammond.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:They always have a hard time in Raleigh. I'm not sure of their record against them at home. I'll go out on a limb and say Joe Corvo is not getting another hattrick tonight.

ThisJustIn!

The Hurricanes have signed Joe Corvo to a PTO.

I stand by what I said.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's the lines:

Hoffman - Turris - Pyatt
Dzingel - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Puempel - Kelly - Neil

Methot - EK
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boro - Wideman

Anderson to start.

Chabot scratched.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He said he needed to change the lines up because of the road games and not having the last change. Leaving Pyatt on the top line and Stone on the third after the road game excuse is gone. Of course I have no hope of our Ottawa media asking that tough question.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:He said he needed to change the lines up because of the road games and not having the last change.  Leaving Pyatt on the top line and Stone on the third after the road game excuse is gone.  Of course I have no hope of our Ottawa media asking that tough question.

Yes, I wouldn't expect the Ottawa media to ask anything resembling a tough question to a relatively new coach. Give it a couple years when his job is on the line and they'll change there approach!

Anyway, the lines are kind of working, and I totally agree with the approach of consistency, so let's see where it gets us.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:He said he needed to change the lines up because of the road games and not having the last change.  Leaving Pyatt on the top line and Stone on the third after the road game excuse is gone.  Of course I have no hope of our Ottawa media asking that tough question.

There is no "Line 3" or "top line". That's a dinosaur way of thinking about lines. They all get comparable ice time five on five

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum