GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #29: Sens @ Ducks, Dec 11, 2016, 4:00pm

+4
tim1_2
PTFlea
dennycrane
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Roast Duck would be a good way to finish this road trip. Bobby Ryan better put on a show for his fan club. Boro is getting a call from the league on a hit very similar to the one that put Lazar out for a few games. I don't consider what Boro did, but the league is a joke. Suspensions are down 75%, but Price gets nothing for hitting a player with his blocker*. If Boro is suspended then Englund draws back in.

* 51.3 Match Penalty - If, in the judgment of the Referee, a goalkeeper uses his blocking glove to punch an opponent in the head or face in an attempt to or to deliberately injure an opponent, a match penalty must be assessed.

What a stupid rule. Starts out great, but "judgement" and "deliberately injure" water it down to nothing.

Anyhow, go Sens go!

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

2 games for Boro. Well deserved. Irrelevant to compare it to any other hit as the NHL and discipline have no consistency.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boro can't be doing that.  at least that's the first time.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully Bobby R can bust out today. 

I am now into the afternoon of a horrible raging hangover. A W here would feel nice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Hopefully Bobby R can bust out today. 

I am now into the afternoon of a horrible raging hangover. A W here would feel nice.

And if not, you can work out your frustration by shoveling snow.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm lazy and get my driveway plowed by a company. Im celebrating this 4pm start with some crackers and Gatorade. Ugh. The Ducks just scored to go up 3-1 at the end of the 1st on a PP. At least those Princess Leia ice girls are something else.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, so Silf has 8 goals?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nick Ritchie was the draft pick Ottawa gave in the Ryan trade, isn't he.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote: Nick Ritchie was the draft pick Ottawa gave in the Ryan trade, isn't he.

Yes...yes he is.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know there's a bunch of angst in the fan base right now, but we list 3 of 4 to some really good teams missing our #1 goalie and with some injuries. It'll be fine.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I tend to disagree. This shows us that we've been relying a lot of Anderson, that there are glaring holes in our top 6 never mind the top 9 and that we are nowhere near ready to contend seriously.
I know. Back to back. But still.

If dorion wants to feed us the line that we should compete now I hope that he takes this road trip for himself to evaluate our team and see how much is actually missing for us to compete.

I'm all for the win now philosophy but let's be honest. It won't happen until he brings in more pieces.
That first rounder for this year has got to be in play. Heck, anyone not part of our top 3 prospect is in play. And that includes lazar or anyone else that's promising on the farm.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ironically we played our best defensive game in LA when we should have been firing everything at the net with Budaj in there. Could have used a little goaltending, too.

The last few games the D has been allowing the forwards to just walk into our zone. No gap control, they just back right in.

Not sure why that is. Are the forwards not back checking enough? I know Smith has done next to nothing for his next contact. Hoffman had been, well, Hoffman. Turris looked like he was sleepwalking. Jet lag, travel, afternoon games. Plus playing some really good teams and battling one sided refereeing.

Retreat. Regroup. Buckle in.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Has anyone seen Bobby Ryan?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Well, that was bad.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I tend to disagree. This shows us that we've been relying a lot of Anderson, that there are glaring holes in our top 6 never mind the top 9 and that we are nowhere near ready to contend seriously.
I know. Back to back. But still.

If dorion wants to feed us the line that we should compete now I hope that he takes this road trip for himself to evaluate our team and see how much is actually missing for us to compete.

I'm all for the win now philosophy but let's be honest. It won't happen until he brings in more pieces.
That first rounder for this year has got to be in play. Heck, anyone not part of our top 3 prospect is in play. And that includes lazar or anyone else that's promising on the farm.

My major disagreement to this is that the Sens have looked like a very good team several times. They just need to find consistency. I think we saw the worst of the Sens last game. If they can bounce back and dominate in a few games over the next week or so, they'll be fine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum