GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #14: Sens @ Hurricanes - 7:00pm - Saturday Nov. 7 2015

+5
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I'd take Del Zotto in a heartbeat. He's an upgrade on most of our guys.

Plus he might revive the Cabin activities Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:I'd take Del Zotto in a heartbeat. He's an upgrade on most of our guys.

Since when?  He's got the second highest TOI/game among Flyers D and has 1 assist to go along with his team-worst -8 (among D).   I don't know how he's getting that much ice time other than, maybe they are trying to pad his stats to enable a trade.  His stock fell quite a bit before the Flyers took him on (when Timmonen was forced to retire) and he hasn't done anything to change anyone's opinion.  He's had his fresh start.

You know who has a team-worst "minus" rating among D in Ottawa?

The one guy no one wants to admit is the real problem on the 2nd pairing. Laugh1 Laughing3
Still on that train eh? Sarcasm

I think with Ceci is obviously he still has some deficiencies to his game but his abilities outweighs them. And he usually progresses.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I was actually a little surprised when I saw that. It's a bit of an anomaly. 14 games in is also a bit on the low end, still. Let's see how it goes from here on in. At the end of the day, someone on the team has to be the team-worst, but let's see how far he is from the average or at least the next worst.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You know who I really like and no one's talking about?

Ceci! I'm sure SSF has my back on this one. Wink

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Streit is pretty much their only good dman though...
That's not our problem. Apperently they want to clear a Dman to make room for some guys coming up. Which makes it hard for us to give them back a Dman but who knows. I know they want to trade Shenn but that's not looking like it will happen. So you mKe an offer. See where it takes you.

The most I'd offer for Streit is a 3rd and a fringe prospect that we don't care about anymore. 37 years old means he's about done.

But yes, he's a guy I've always wanted here. Especially being a left hander to Karlsson's right. The PP would be filthy (in theory).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:You know who I really like and no one's talking about?

Ceci! I'm sure SSF has my back on this one. Wink

He likes you as well, old friend.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Since when?  He's got the second highest TOI/game among Flyers D and has 1 assist to go along with his team-worst -8 (among D).   I don't know how he's getting that much ice time other than, maybe they are trying to pad his stats to enable a trade.  His stock fell quite a bit before the Flyers took him on (when Timmonen was forced to retire) and he hasn't done anything to change anyone's opinion.  He's had his fresh start.

Not true. He was very good for them last season, and he's getting the ice time for a reason. He just resigned with the team for 3.5 million or close to that. He racks up shots hits and blocks, very mobile. Jake Voracek only has like three points and no goals. The flyers are slumping as a whole group.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not gonna lie, I was rooting for the Canes to tie it. They deserved it so much more than we do. Hopefully getting a loss will do more good for us than an undeserved win.

Wideman has not been great but he hasn't seen a lot of game action. I know he doesn't have Cowen's pedigree but given how patient we were with JC we ought to let CW get a bit of a rhythm before writing him off.

Guess we have to just wait/hope on Chabot.

EDIT: And yeah EK has not been good so far this season. I can understand him skating a little bit less than previous years if he is trying to keep on more weight, but if that's the case he should stop going so far up into the zone. The old (young) EK barrelled back every time the puck was turned over; now he lets a forward do that for him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe playing EK a couple minutes less per game would help...but it's not like our other D have played well either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum